Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

So, after much thought and many tough decisions I think I have come to my final six choices.First of all, thank you to everyone for your picks I would be nowhere without you [Y] and secondly I am sorry to anyone who''s pick doesn''t make my final six; every single one of them was good and let me tell you it was extremely hard to choose!Here goes:Arsenal to beat Sunderland - This seemed a popular choice and I think Arsenal will carry their momentum from their 5-0 thrashing of Orient to Saturday''s game and pick up a victory. Deciding factor: Sunderland have lost their last four.Man City to beat Wigan - Much like the Arsenal choice. City recorded a good mid-week victory and with the quality they have in their team they should beat Wigan. Deciding factor: Wigan are on a very poor run of form, and are bottom of the pile. 3rd vs 20th.Barcelona to beat Zaragoza - No brainer. Barcelona best team in the world at the moment. Deciding factor: 2 words. Lionel Messi. (Oh, and 1st vs 15th)Crawley to beat Histon (My pick) - Crawley are only 2nd by 4 points with 6 games in hand. Bought in some quality over the summer. Histon struggling in the relegation zone. Deciding factor: It''s a should be home banker. 2nd vs 23rd. Celtic to beat Hamilton - I know Celtic are always the team to end up messing up on this thread, but this really does look dead cert.  Deciding factor: 1st vs 12th (bottom) and Celtic have a +72 better goal difference!Norwich to beat Preston - I was very undecided about this pick and the Celtic one as in my head it is against the law to pick Norwich & Celtic! They always seem to let us down! However, both picks were very popular and I feel this is a weekend more than ever where they can break their hoodo with us!So there they are ladies and gents. I have tried my best, sorry if I didn''t pick yours- as you can probably tell I went for picks a bit closer to home. I doubt the odds will be great for these games, but money is money [Y]Thanks Nutty for the oppurtunity, and all you pickers for helping me out!Now, off to catch my bus[;)]

Good Luck EC, we''re all crossing our fingers for you this week [:)]

Thank you for these Alec. They all look really good to me and it''s obvious to everyone how much thought has gone into your selections. Another brilliant post too.

I''ll get them to Billy in the morning and post the odds on here.

Looks like I missed the deadline again thanks to all these pesky time differences but anywayIt''s been said already but I also thinkUdinese v Bari = HOME winGood luck

This week its the Prem for me and

Man City to win at home against Wigan

Good luck all, especially EC.

Cardiff vs Ipswich - Home win. Good luck Excited Canary and alll fellow PUP''s

Good picks EC and I look forward to listening out for the 4 other english results on the way home after seeing Norwich clinch the 1st win for you. It''s good to be able to follow this thread without the need for sitting at a keyboard all day.[:D]

Cove Rangers to beat Rothes in the Highland league. Mid table cove should be too strong for lowly rothes. Odds with Mcbookie, who have a lot of odds for the scottish non leagues.Best of luck excited canary.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Great to have you picking Drazen Muzinic[Y]

I remember when you signed for us I was an excited canary! I thought we had another Martin Peters....

Anyway, welcome and keep picking[;)]

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint NN - I must admit I played more like Mary Peters! (All those under 40 - ask your parents)

Good picks Excited Canary - and fingers crossed all!

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Great to have you picking Drazen Muzinic[Y]

I remember when you signed for us I was an excited canary! I thought we had another Martin Peters....

Anyway, welcome and keep picking[;)]

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint NN - I must admit I played more like Mary Peters! (All those under 40 - ask your parents)

Good picks Excited Canary - and fingers crossed all!

[/quote]

I knew you reminded me of somebody Adrian [Y]

So today''s proceedings will be:Norwich 15:00Celtic 15:00Arsenal 15:00Crawley 15:00Man City 17:30and then hopefully unscathed we will be cheering on Barca at 19:00 to complete the 6 [Y] [:D] OTBC!

[quote user="Excited Canary"]So today''s proceedings will be:
Norwich 15:00
Celtic 15:00
Arsenal 15:00
Crawley 15:00
Man City 17:30

and then hopefully unscathed we will be cheering on Barca at 19:00 to complete the 6 [Y] [:D] OTBC!
[/quote]all look nailed on winners EC[Y] great piks...may the footballing gods be looking down on us this weekend[;)]

The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Excited Canary and Billy Dixon we have...

1/2

Arsenal

3:00 Sat

2/5

Manchester City

5:30 Sat

1/9

Barcelona

7:00 Sat

2/9

Crawley

1/6

Celtic

6/10

Norwich

Which will win for the Academy £43.23p. I ran the same bet through Boyle Sports and the return would only be £34.23. Which once again is a huge difference. Don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring and get yourselves sorted.

So now it’s "game on". With all the games played today hopefully we will be relying on Barca to produce the goods to seal the win this evening.

Good luck everyone......[:)]..........

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends

Excited Canary and Billy Dixon we have...

1/2

Arsenal

2/5

Manchester City

5:30 Sat

1/9

Barcelona

7:00 Sat

2/9

Crawley

1/6

Celtic

6/10

Norwich

Which will win for the Academy £43.23p. I ran the same bet through Boyle Sports and the return would only be £34.23. Which once again is a huge difference. Don

’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring and get yourselves sorted.

So now it’s "game on". With all the games played today hopefully we will be relying on Barca to produce the goods to seal the win this evening.

Good luck everyone......[:)]..........

[/quote]Thanks Nutty & an even bigger thanks to Billy, what a great guy! That is a good return to for what all look like home bankers!Bring it on [:D]

Oh well, it just wasn''t meant to be this week Alec. But I''ve enjoyed this thread with you this week and I hope you have too.

We still have our PUPs League to look forward to. I wonder if there will be any more upsets.