Sign in to follow this  
willo2

Kris Boyd.....

....Joins Forest on loan. How many forwards do they need?I thought he may be the type of surprise we would sign as he was with Rangers at the time our Chief Scout was.

Hmm. If it works then fair enough. But wasnt he on about £40k a week or something crazy. I would imagine Boro would want quite a bit of that being paid by Forest. Plus when he played against us his movement looked pretty non existent. Cant say I am too gutted to have missed out on him.

All relevant points. My fear is that Forest are acting quickly and now have I make it, 6 forwards to call on. Whilst £40k is excessive, I agree, it again shows that teams are not prepared to sit and hope players to hit or return to form.I''m not in any way a critic of PL, quite the contrary, but we need to act sooner rather than later to provide a striker who can come in and score 8-10 goals in our run in. Who is another question, can we afford it is another, but we must do it quick....

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Would prefer delfouneso. We need pace to go with finishing[/quote]Just signed for Burnley till the end of season

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Would prefer delfouneso. We need pace to go with finishing[/quote]

Pace, yes, but 2 goals in 32 appearances isn''t exactly the mark of a good finisher.

For what it''s worth, I believe both Boyd and Delfouneso are probably out of our price range. I would rather we continue as we are than blow more money on a short term loanee who may not work out for us.

Boyd has a worse goal scoring record than Chris Martin this season, considering how much stick Martin was getting for his lack of goals I''m not sure Boyd really fits with what we are looking for.

[quote user="willo2"]All relevant points. My fear is that Forest are acting quickly and now have I make it, 6 forwards to call on. Whilst £40k is excessive, I agree, it again shows that teams are not prepared to sit and hope players to hit or return to form.

I''m not in any way a critic of PL, quite the contrary, but we need to act sooner rather than later to provide a striker who can come in and score 8-10 goals in our run in. Who is another question, can we afford it is another, but we must do it quick....
[/quote]

Nail on the head really. We know what the team is crying out for but as you say who is another matter. It has to be a player not getting in squads who a club would be willing to let go for the run in and there has to be little or no loan fee attached. You then have to hope the player is sufficently motivated enough to want to pack everything up and come down to Norfolk for a couple of months rather than just take an early holiday.

As for who. Realistically players who fit those categories are Phillips I guess, perhaps Cox? But they have both been desperately short of first team football this season. Can you really expect them to come in and hit the ground running. Can Phillips still do it at 37? Will Cox score goals at this level? We already have a number of strikers on our books who have also scored a lot of goals in league 1. I dont think the solutions are any more satisfactory than what we have to be honest. It also doesnt send out a good signal to the players already at the club.