Sign in to follow this  
ca

Kevan Platt NCFC secretary resigns

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Mike Abram"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

David McNally just tweeted this about the article on the clubs statement about Kevan Platt''s departure that has appeared on the Pink'' Un site:

"The article suggests that he was treated shabbily. In the circumstances, our statement was wholly appropriate".[/quote]

Think he is reffering to David Cuffleys article which I assume is in the EEN or EDP today ??

His latest tweet says ''''Wholly inaccurate piece today from D Cuffley. No dispute between club and Kevan.''''

[/quote]

Something about this doesn''t quite add up. First NcNally is tweeting there was no dispute between club and Kevan. Fine. So, why then did the club only put out a two line statement about a guy who worked at the club for 30 years? And then say it was completely appropriate "in the circumstances"? And react so defensively when Cuffley criticised the club for not paying greater tribute?

To me, David Cuffley''s article didn''t imply that the club had treated Platt shabbily, other than it could have made a greater tribute to someone who had worked hard for the club for 30 years. If there was no dispute between the club as McNally says (and we have to believe) why couldn''t they have made that tribute?

There is obviously more to this sudden departure than has been said publicly, and McNally''s statement that the Club''s statement was wholly appropriate might be completely on the mark, but I find NcNally''s tweets criticising David Cuffley rather bemusing to say the least.

[/quote]

I am not for one minute defending the guy but had all this been said by Doomcaster and not Mr McNally people would have been accusing the Club of spin.

[/quote]

Of course, if it had been said by Mr Doncaster and not McNally.........

By their words ye shall know them. Even those who alledgedly have certificates in both English Language and English Literature!!

[;)]

OTBC

Jesus, I''ve just wasted 15 minutes of my life ploughing through 5 pages of utter rubbish on why Kevan Platt might have resigned. You don''t know, I don''t know, none of us do, yet 5 pages of utter tripe and I''m making it worse. In all those 5 pages the only glimmer of interest came in this bit from City Angel. The rest - is he ill, has he fallen out with McNally, is he worth 18 words or 118 ? Face it folks, we ain''t finding out, . I''ve now wasted 19 minutes, and I''m no nearer finding out something I don''t actually care about. I''m gonna keep looking though.

People leave companies for numerous reasons. When when whens its part of the club do we assume its evidence of turmoil in the club???

All this supposition is ridiculous. I hope all is well and Kevan has exercised a personal choice to meet his own needs and wanted little fuss - perhaps he just wanted a change? - good luck to him and thanks for your efforts

[quote user="Mike Abram"]
To me, David Cuffley''s article didn''t imply that the club had treated Platt shabbily, other than it could have made a greater tribute to someone who had worked hard for the club for 30 years. If there was no dispute between the club as McNally says (and we have to believe) why couldn''t they have made that tribute?

[/quote]

Didn''t get to read David Cuffley''s article which was on the EEN website as it was removed not long after it was put up. I understand from someone who did read it from the WOTB site that it criticised the club for the short statement it put out which Cuffley obviously thought didn''t do Kevan justice.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Didn''t get to read David Cuffley''s article which was on the EEN website as it was removed not long after it was put up. I understand from someone who did read it from the WOTB site that it criticised the club for the short statement it put out which Cuffley obviously thought didn''t do Kevan justice.

[/quote]

My bet is that you will not see one more word printed in the EDP or EEN on the matter and it is an insult to our intelligence if either the Club or Archant try and say that there was nothing sinister in the article being pulled.Much as i like dear old Peter the deleter my view is that he protests too much when threads and posts that the Club obviously find unacceptable get pulled and he claims it was all of his own doing with no outside influences.

Did Mr Platt receive a carriage clock.....or a tankard......or even a plaque or some token of gratitude for his contribution to his commitment to NCFC for thirty years of his life?

If he hasn''t or didn''t.....That''s pretty downright shabby in my opinion.....

Expect Cuffley to end up in the sin bin alongside Bailey.

Soon there won''t be an archant reporter left to cover NCFC.

They''ll all be doing Anglian Combination at this rate

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My bet is that you will not see one more word printed in the EDP or EEN on the matter and it is an insult to our intelligence if either the Club or Archant try and say that there was nothing sinister in the article being pulled.Much as i like dear old Peter the deleter my view is that he protests too much when threads and posts that the Club obviously find unacceptable get pulled and he claims it was all of his own doing with no outside influences.

[/quote]

I think you''re right and agree that the club seem to be controlling what is printed both in the paper, on websites and maybe on here about them and their employees. Feel sorry for Pete as hes piggy in the middle in all this and its not his fault.

Maybe we can ask David Cuffley on the next pinkun webschat next week why his article was suddenly withdrawn?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you''re right and agree that the club seem to be controlling what is printed both in the paper, on websites and maybe on here about them and their employees. Feel sorry for Pete as hes piggy in the middle in all this and its not his fault.

Maybe we can ask David Cuffley on the next pinkun webschat next week why his article was suddenly withdrawn?

[/quote]

Do you seriously think that Mr.C would or even be permitted to speak on the matter?

As an aside going back to poor old Peter the deleter and the thread that The Chuff started by calling Joe Ferrari a prat.The thread was pulled with Peter claiming it had nothing to do with what was said by The Chuff but because two other posters were trading insults.Neither of them have been banned and are all over this messageboard like measles today!! Makes you wonder doesn''t it?

Wouldn''t it be interesting to read Kevan Platt''s insider story of 30 years at Carrow Road ?. Wouldn''t mind betting that he had to sign a gagging clause before he left , shame!!!!!!!!!!

There is a short letter in today''s EDP from Kevan Platt. He thanks everybody for their good wishes, and then goes on to say that he has had no falling-out with the football club - he left for personal reasons.

Reading through this thread reminded me of a question posed in the Q&A on 25th Jan. I wonder if the question would be answered in the same manner?

Question: -

If you had the choice to publish (or not) a controversial NCFC article would your judgement be swayed by the potential of a ban from Carrow Road?

Chris Lakey:

The only person who would veto any story is my editor, and that for purely editorial reasons. He has never done that nor has he put me under ‘instruction’. If a story is worthy of the EDP then it would be used in the EDP. They pay my salary, no one else.

David Cuffley:

No. Local newspapers have to retain their independence to keep their credibility with the fans and the readers. It is no more the job of a football club to decide what can or cannot be written in the newspaper - or who is in our team - than it is for the editor of the newspaper to pick the manager’s eleven every Saturday.

[quote user=" jarroldstander"]

Reading through this thread reminded me of a question posed in the Q&A on 25th Jan. I wonder if the question would be answered in the same manner?

Question: -

If you had the choice to publish (or not) a controversial NCFC article would your judgement be swayed by the potential of a ban from Carrow Road?

Chris Lakey:

The only person who would veto any story is my editor, and that for purely editorial reasons. He has never done that nor has he put me under ‘instruction’. If a story is worthy of the EDP then it would be used in the EDP. They pay my salary, no one else.

David Cuffley:

No. Local newspapers have to retain their independence to keep their credibility with the fans and the readers. It is no more the job of a football club to decide what can or cannot be written in the newspaper - or who is in our team - than it is for the editor of the newspaper to pick the manager’s eleven every Saturday.

[/quote]

I take it you did not read Dan Druff''s post then?

[quote user="Dan Druff"]There is a short letter in today''s EDP from Kevan Platt. He thanks everybody for their good wishes, and then goes on to say that he has had no falling-out with the football club - he left for personal reasons.[/quote]

Which was where we came in.

It won''t be enough though, we should be told more....