Sign in to follow this  
ca

Kevan Platt NCFC secretary resigns

Keval Platt resigns with immediate effect, he''s been at NCFC for years and years, anyone know why he''s resigned so suddenly ??

[quote user="cityangel"]

Keval Platt resigns with immediate effect, he''s been at NCFC for years and years, anyone know why he''s resigned so suddenly ??

[/quote]

I did know this earlier this week. For someone who has  been at the club for 31 years (since 1980) the 18-word club statement...

"We would like to thank Kevan for his service in the various roles he has worked in for the Club."

...strikes me as a touch on the minimalist, not to say brusque, side. More than three decades of services might have merited something more expansive.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]I always find this sort of thing a bit depressing.....I''ve no idea why Kevan has left and maybe the reason won''t become public knowledge but he''s been at Carrow Road far longer than anyone else connected to the Club. Judging by the Club statement there does appear to have been a falling out but it would have been nice if his leaving after all these years had been handled a little more compassionately.When all said and done over three decades of loyal service deserves better.

For a guy who bleeds yellow and green and has served the club with great distinction for many years, the tribute is very short and stinks of a fallout?

Is it related to more Mcnasty cost savings?

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

For a guy who bleeds yellow and green and has served the club with great distinction for many years, the tribute is very short and stinks of a fallout?

[/quote]Gross misconduct with the offer of resignation perhaps?

Kevan knows Norwich City inside out and personally i think it is a very sad day that for whatever reason he has left.The club statement is an absolute disgrace for such a loyal servant.Kevan is very well known on a personal basis by literally hundreds of fans and his vast knowledge of all things Norwich City cannot and in my opinion will not be replaced.Looks as though Mr McNally will now be at a total loss if anybody refers to any part of our history because there is nobody left at Carrow Road who knows bugger all pre the 21st century!!

Good Luck Kevan with what the future brings to you and your family and good wishes from all who you came into contact with you whilst you were working for Norwich City.

All speculation and maybe Kevan requested minimal fuss if it is a personal matter.Why do people always need to know these things?

I''d just like to thank him for all his efforts through the good and the bad times of recent years and wish him all the very best.

I too would like to thank Kevan for his fine services to our club.

I worked at the club for two spells and always found him fair, approachable, genorous with his time, supportive of the staff at NCFC and a true gentleman.

He bleeds yellow and green and I too wish him all the best.

Personal reasons are just that, personal.  We have no right to know, and as someone else suggested maybe he didn''t want a fuss.

He resigned not been sacked, move along, nothing to see here [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Personal reasons are just that, personal.  We have no right to know, and as someone else suggested maybe he didn''t want a fuss.

[/quote]

Quite possibly he didn''t but unless he''s been caught with his hands in the till that is no reason not to pay him a proper tribute. And those pitiful 18 words - just over half a word for each year of service - are nothing like a proper tribute.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Quite possibly he didn''t but unless he''s been caught with his hands in the till that is no reason not to pay him a proper tribute. And those pitiful 18 words - just over half a word for each year of service - are nothing like a proper tribute.

[/quote]

So what do you want to give him, a testimonial? He was non-playing staff, he was lucky he got a mention at all.

Not often I am in total agreement with Tilly but I thoroughly agree with everything you''ve said. Have known KP since he came to the club & I know of no one more dedicated or who cared genuinely about the club. A sad day, best of luck KP, see you with the yellow army soon

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Kevan knows Norwich City inside out and personally i think it is a very sad day that for whatever reason he has left.The club statement is an absolute disgrace for such a loyal servant.Kevan is very well known on a personal basis by literally hundreds of fans and his vast knowledge of all things Norwich City cannot and in my opinion will not be replaced.Looks as though Mr McNally will now be at a total loss if anybody refers to any part of our history because there is nobody left at Carrow Road who knows bugger all pre the 21st century!!

[/quote]

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I read that very short statement, we''ve lost the highly thought of Andrew Cullen and now the popular Kevan Platt, there won''t be anyone left soon with any years under their belts.

As an after thought, hope he''s not poorly and unable to work [:(]

I too have had the pleasure of both knowing and doing business with Kevan for over 25 years.

The LAST of the genuine yellow and green servants of the club.

As Tilly says if you asked anyone at the club now to write a history of NCFC they would have to use a reference book!

Good luck and our best wishes go with you.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Thats exactly what I was thinking when I read that very short statement, we''ve lost the highly thought of Andrew Cullen and now the popular Kevan Platt, there won''t be anyone left soon with any years under their belts.

[/quote]

Don''t forget the lovely Betty the tea lady and the crotchety Jack the Junior Groundsman.

[quote user="cityangel"]As an after thought, hope he''s not poorly and unable to work [:(][/quote]

Let''s hope not CA, but i suspect the club would have given him more of a send off whilst not divulging too much information if that was the case. I do find the blunt statement extremely odd to be honest, strangely minimalist. Anyway, I wish you the very best of luck Kevan in your future endeavours, and thankyou for a loyalty that is almost unheard of in football, cheers - OTBC

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

[/quote]The guy probably wanted to go with minimal fuss, so as not as affect the clubs promotion aims.  You''re making wild assumptions.On the note of having people who have a ''vast knowledge of all things Norwich City'', so what?  We have to see the club as a business, not some old boys club, the more streamlined and the more business like we are, the more successful we''ll be.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]Gross misconduct with the offer of resignation perhaps?

[/quote][IMG]http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae55/Nuff_Said/carefulnow-2.png[/IMG]

[quote user="The Butler"]

I too have had the pleasure of both knowing and doing business with Kevan for over 25 years.

The LAST of the genuine yellow and green servants of the club.

As Tilly says if you asked anyone at the club now to write a history of NCFC they would have to use a reference book!

Good luck and our best wishes go with you.

[/quote] apart from Micky Foulger, lifelong fan and shareholder (albeit a minor one before the mid nineties) for 20 years or so I think

The thing which strikes me as odd is that this is with "immediate effect". Andy Cullen worked a quite lengthy notice period and I would have expected someone in Kevan Platt''s position to work three or even six months. Still we can speculate all we want, I don''t suppose we will know the true reasons and neither should we.

As for the club''s statement, not sure what more we could have or should have expected. A top ten agenda''s prepared by Kevan? The statement is rather brusque but that''s business.

I also don''t quite get why we would be sorry, on a non personal level, that there is no-one at the club who has worked there since the 1970''s. I work for a company who has many employees who were working there in the 70''s and 80''s and are still hanging on - whereas to be frank they should have got out years ago. And if the club wanted to write a history - well doesn''t Mike Damage, sorry Davage, do that sort of thing anyway and he''s not an employee plus Joe Ferrari has been in and around the club in one capacity for a good while now, plus the boring chap who does the programme used to work in the club shop years back didn''t he?

Anyway - I echo the sentiments of wishing Kevan all the best, but it''s time to move on now!

Has the faint whiff of a falling out here given the immediacy of the resignation. If i was a betting man I would say this is the last bastion of "nice, little old Norwich" walking out the door. A shame as i''ve not met anyone who has a bad word to say about Kevan Platt but perhaps he just didn''t fit in or feel comfortable with the new tougher way of doing things at Carrow Road. Who knows though, it may be for health or family reasons or they may have let him go immediately as he has another job he wants to take up and they didn''t want to hold him back. All speculation.

I''m struggling to work out what part of the football secretary''s job would be affected by working for nice liitle ol'' Norwich or nasty big ol'' Norwich. If both these clubs are members of the FA and Football League they would have to abide by the same rules.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m struggling to work out what part of the football secretary''s job would be affected by working for nice liitle ol'' Norwich or nasty big ol'' Norwich. If both these clubs are members of the FA and Football League they would have to abide by the same rules.

[/quote]

I would think the main impact would be the people you were working alongside not what you actually had to do day to day.

I dare say we''ll find out what happened if we are meant to. Otherwise personal reasons will remain personal reasons.

We''ve been nice little ol'' Norwich for as long as I can remember. If we we''re nasty ol'' Norwich now then I''m not sure it''s a good thing. We certainly aren''t any bigger!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I dare say we''ll find out what happened if we are meant to. Otherwise personal reasons will remain personal reasons.

We''ve been nice little ol'' Norwich for as long as I can remember. If we we''re nasty ol'' Norwich now then I''m not sure it''s a good thing. We certainly aren''t any bigger!

[/quote]

Riddle me this, riddle me that.

Nice or nasty - or which point along the spectrum between those poles?

We''ll definitely find out if promotion - by whatever route - eludes us this year, one suspects. 

But isms and schisms we can do without!

One love is the answer. Tough love.

[;)]

OTBC

Robert Chase''s nice little ol'' Norwich in one season stayed at the top of the first division longer than any other club. Rarely does a club as small as Norwich hold the top spot for so long. I can''t see that being repeated.

Can you?