Sign in to follow this  
canariesmr2

Preston Were A Discrace

Quote "Unfortunately because the goals didn''t start flying in from the word "go" there was a large majority of fans who turned on him pretty quickly, totally ignoring that he generally worked hard and tried to play the right way and giving him very little time to settle in."

Oh the irony!

Wilbrahams IMO opinion is better than Chris Brown. He failed at Sunderland, he failed at City & he''s failed at Preston but because he scores an offside goal against us, he''s a better player!!

Oh well have to agree to disagree...

Brown played in a team low in confidence and not creating much where as Wilbraham is playing in a team that creates plenty but finishes very few chances.

I''d love to see how Wilbraham performed under the co of Roeder and Grant. PL has shown plenty of patience with him that under the same circumstances wasn''t afforded Brown.

I am more for Brown but when comparing both give a level playing field!!

[quote user="Mike "]

Quote "Unfortunately because the goals didn''t start flying in from the word "go" there was a large majority of fans who turned on him pretty quickly, totally ignoring that he generally worked hard and tried to play the right way and giving him very little time to settle in."

Oh the irony!

Wilbrahams IMO opinion is better than Chris Brown. He failed at Sunderland, he failed at City & he''s failed at Preston but because he scores an offside goal against us, he''s a better player!!

Oh well have to agree to disagree...

[/quote]

Yes, that''s clearly what I was saying - that because Brown scored a goal that may or may not have been offside he''s the better player. That alone is the basis for my entire opinion. Deary me.

I just think that when you look at it Brown has spent his career mainly at Championship level with us, Sunderland and PNE. Wilbraham, on the other hand, has spent the bulk of his career with Stockport and MK Dons.

And, as I said in my previous post, I''m pretty sure Brown will go on to play most of his career at this level.

Not saying that he''d be the answer but do I think he''s a better player than Wilbraham? Yes. I think it''s obvious that he is.

You think it''s obvious he is, I don''t. If you go to games like Millwall & Reading at home, you''ll have noticed the contribution that Wilbraham brings and indeed his first contribution on Saturday was to win a header, that put Holty through on goal. Wilbrahams holds the ball up better & brings in more people & when defences are tired, he makes more chances. He has scored 98 goals in his career.

I believe him to be of better value to the squad than a proven trouble maker & someone that has been shipped on by his managers.

I''ll continue to back Wilbrahams & Lamberts judgement, and give him the time (Iwan took a season to settle) to prove his worth.

[quote user="Mike "]

You think it''s obvious he is, I don''t. If you go to games like Millwall & Reading at home, you''ll have noticed the contribution that Wilbraham brings and indeed his first contribution on Saturday was to win a header, that put Holty through on goal. Wilbrahams holds the ball up better & brings in more people & when defences are tired, he makes more chances. He has scored 98 goals in his career.

I believe him to be of better value to the squad than a proven trouble maker & someone that has been shipped on by his managers.

I''ll continue to back Wilbrahams & Lamberts judgement, and give him the time (Iwan took a season to settle) to prove his worth.

[/quote]

I''m not criticising Wilbraham. Infact I''ve been positive about his contribution since he''s been here. I think he''s done alright for us. And I''ve always said I''ll support him.

I think you''re being very harsh on Chris Brown by branding him a "proven trouble maker", I think you''re saying that to suit your arguement. He made a couple of mistakes when he was younger that got in the press. Plenty of young players do that and we''ve got one our own in the squad at the moment.

I simply think Chris Brown is a better player in the same way that I think Cristiano Ronaldo is a better player than Grant Holt (although it''s a close thing!).

I understand that but I happened to disagree....... Holty is obviously better than Ronaldo!

Rough and dirty team who are certain to go down. Poor players who rely on fouling as apposed to proper football. Not surprised they are bottom.

Not sure who their number 24 was but he was the worst of the lot.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Not sure who their number 24 was but he was the worst of the lot.[/quote]

Think it was probably Ian Ashbee.

He''s never been a particularly stylish player but now his best years are behind him he really is only there to kick people. Pretty sure he did that when he came down here with Hull earlier in the season before he moved to PNE.

I hate these kind of tactics to, blame must fall at their managers feet, but in the end he got a valuable point when they were nailed on to lose, pressures of the game today i suppose.