Sign in to follow this  
canariesmr2

Preston Were A Discrace

Norwich didnt play well enough to get the win and didnt deserve to get a win either but the way Preston made this possible was a disgrace to football.

Constant time wasting, faking injuries and making them last as long as possible, winding our players up trying to get somebody sent off to name a few things from the game.

Playing the ball into the corner to t ime waste is one thiing but what they did was out of order and wasnt football. Or wasnt what football should be.

I''m glad they''re going down..... I''d be ashamed to watch & support (along with the 2 others) that shower....

As for "film maker" Chris Brown, he''ll find his rightful level playing lower league football

Chris Brown took his goal well, he had been getting a bit of stick when he was warming up, answered back in the best way!

What do we really expect from a team at the bottom of the league, if we had taken our chances then we wouldnt have had to worry about the ref or Preston`s antics.

sorry, but i can''t blame them. they are bottom of the league and were giong to get points off a game they probably thought they would lose against. we would''ve done the same in their position. ref was at fault

What really did underline the incompetence of the officials was when they gave 1 minute added time at the end of the first half...

Perhaps if we had played the game with the same spirit when we were bottom, we may have not got relegated.

We are fast becoming whingers when refs and teams don''t play the game how we want it done, perhaps if we started taking more chances and looked at our own performances we wouldn''t have to point the finger at others!!

Don''t blame Preston, they have their own agenda, nobody will turn up and roll over. Our in ability to beat the lower type teams suggests we need to look closer to home, as too many games this season we have out played opposition only not to win. That my friends has been far too common this season, lets look at what we can change closer to home!!

Never said we shouldn''t look to ourselves to improve, just glad we''ve never been setup to use the maximum gamesmanship possible, even when bottom.

Maybe if PNE played football rather than falling over & time wasting they''d have more points on the board. Glad they are going down.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

Perhaps if we had played the game with the same spirit when we were bottom, we may have not got relegated.

We are fast becoming whingers when refs and teams don''t play the game how we want it done, perhaps if we started taking more chances and looked at our own performances we wouldn''t have to point the finger at others!!

Don''t blame Preston, they have their own agenda, nobody will turn up and roll over. Our in ability to beat the lower type teams suggests we need to look closer to home, as too many games this season we have out played opposition only not to win. That my friends has been far too common this season, lets look at what we can change closer to home!!

[/quote]

Are you suggesting we should have resorted to cheating to stay up? I would rather be an honest team in league 1 thanks.

As I said in the OP we didnt play well enough to win so I am not pointing the finger on the matter of the points.

It was just so frustrating the level they brought the game down too.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

[/quote]

Difference was that when we were bottom we had Roeder''s rats wanting away from a sinking ship. Too many crap loan players who just wanted away, a few decent contract players who wanted away and the remainder were just poor quality and for the mainpart disinterested.

If we had scored that penalty they would have been looking for an equaliser rather than wasting time. We have only ourselves to blame.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Chris Brown took his goal well, he had been getting a bit of stick when he was warming up, answered back in the best way!

What do we really expect from a team at the bottom of the league, if we had taken our chances then we wouldnt have had to worry about the ref or Preston`s antics.[/quote]

Chris Brown or Wheelie ? Mmm.......

Well said Paul Moy, if we''d had done our own job we''d not be pointing fingers at every one else.

Its funny how people are saying PNE were cheating, but can''t see that others are starting to aim that back at us now for Holt who does go down too easy. 

[quote user="I.S."]What really did underline the incompetence of the officials was when they gave 1 minute added time at the end of the first half...
[/quote]

Exactly. There were two stoppages for injuries, both lasting 90 seconds. 1.5 + 1.5 = 1. We ask a lot of our referees but I would be quite content if they each had a reasonable pair of eyes, the ability to count and more than one brain cell. Saturday''s apology failed on all three counts.

Preston were not a disgrace! We knew full well they would scrap & battle for every point - yet we let them do it.

Had the penalty gone in and had Wilbraham slotted in from 6 yards none of us would have anything much to say.

Hopefully some of the other top Championship teams will also come unstuck in a similar way; Cardiff just lost to Ipswich and Scunny beat Swansea, so we can expect a few more surprises...

[quote user="paul moy"]If we had scored that penalty they would have been looking for an equaliser rather than wasting time. We have only ourselves to blame.[/quote]

It''s too simple and one dimensional to blame it all on Hoolahan. As a team generally, we simply don''t take our chances. That, coupled to the fact that Preston understandably set out their stall for a draw plus the predictable irony of Brown coming on and scoring from a free kick that was wrongly awarded to Preston.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]The fact that the referee allowed Preston to constantly waste time was even more of a disgrace! [:@][/quote]The Referee was a disgrace from start to finish, he had lost control when Wes had been crudely hacked off the ball twice in the opening minutes and decided to keep his cards in his pocket, IMO if he had pulled a yellow card out then he would have had more control of the game as the players would have known that he was not going to be messed with.

Chris Brown or Wheelie?

Get behind a player when he''s doing what the manager bought him to do or boo him at the most important part of the season when he actually needs support? Mmm....

Also, loving the fact that anyone moaning about PNE are seemingly not looking at NCFC''s own performance. I think most people realise that we could have done more and that it was not PNE''s fault we did not win BUT that doesn''t stop people having an opinion & mine is they time wasted & dived to break up play, slow it down & frustrate. The ref let them do it and also gave a bizzare decision to allow a free kick against Ward when it was plain to see HE was fouled & then let the creep Chris Brown score from an offside position! All facts...

Thought we played ok though to be honest & were unlucky. Meanwhile we''ve still scored more than Swansea & Forest whilst only being a couple behind Cardiff despite their millions spent...... still all Lambert has to do is get a 25 goal a season man in from some premier club (I mean why would they want him :o) and it''ll be ticky boo.....

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Woman in the Stands"]The fact that the referee allowed Preston to constantly waste time was even more of a disgrace! [:@]
[/quote]

The Referee was a disgrace from start to finish, he had lost control when Wes had been crudely hacked off the ball twice in the opening minutes and decided to keep his cards in his pocket, IMO if he had pulled a yellow card out then he would have had more control of the game as the players would have known that he was not going to be messed with.
[/quote]

Yup, you could tell within the first 5mins that the ref was going to be weak.

And then he just looked increasingly out of his depth as he missed so much of what was happening around the pitch as well as getting decisions wrong.

Shouldn''t be involved at this level of football.

[quote user="Mike "]

Chris Brown or Wheelie?

[/quote]

Well I''d rather have Chris Brown at Norwich than Wilbraham. He''s a better player.

But I will continue to support Wilbraham while he''s here, there''d be no benefit in chastising him.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Mike "]

Chris Brown or Wheelie?

[/quote]

Well I''d rather have Chris Brown at Norwich than Wilbraham. He''s a better player.

But I will continue to support Wilbraham while he''s here, there''d be no benefit in chastising him.

[/quote]

Eh? Do you not remember Mr Browns stint at Carrow Rd? He was a complete and utter failure!!!!

He''s not a better Player imo

Don''t really understand why they were time wasting, with how far adrift they are, a point isn''t really going to help their cause at all. They deserve to go down!

Can''t see how everyone has failed to mention their blatant hacking of Wes at least twice in the first 2 minutes as well!

Try looking at my post earlier in this thread Wooftie.  [IMG]http://forums.spybot.info/images/smilies/smack.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="Mike "][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Mike "]

Chris Brown or Wheelie?

[/quote]

[/quote] Eh? Do you not remember Mr Browns stint at Carrow Rd? He was a complete and utter failure!!!! He''s not a better Player imo[/quote]

I do remember his stint at Carrow Road.

He didn''t score but that''s not to say he didn''t play some decent stuff. Unfortunately because the goals didn''t start flying in from the word "go" there was a large majority of fans who turned on him pretty quickly, totally ignoring that he generally worked hard and tried to play the right way and giving him very little time to settle in. He was only 22 when he joined us (the same age Chris Martin is now) he came in when the club wasn''t in the best shape and he was sometimes played out of position. I can''t help but think he never got a very fair go at Carrow Road.

Ten years from now we''ll be able to look back at who cut out a better career in football (in terms of the level they played at) and I''m pretty sure you''ll find that Chris Brown will have played the majority of his career at Championship level and Wilbraham will not have done - which will tell you something.

Finally, took his goal well at the weekend, didn''t he? Could you have seen Wilbraham doing the same in that position?

Thought not.

[quote user="canariesmr2"]I too hope they go down. Cheating scum IMO[/quote]How is time wasting cheating? It''s a poor tactic employed by a poor team who are desperate for points.I''m sure that if we make it to the Prem, then we''ll be wasting a few minutes here and there.But what does bother me is the poor officiating. I''m not complaining about NCFC games, I''m complaining about the standard of officiating in general. It''s flat out POOR. These people are trained and get paid for what they do and are able to hide behind, ''we''re only human'', time and time again.  I understand that the game is fast paced and things happen in a split second, but this is their profession; this is what they''re trained for. Try screwing up in your day job that many times at key moments and see how long that excuse carries you!

I agree, they must have thought it was Christmas when the ref allowed them to do it. In the second half, when they''d used all their subs the decision to let them treat their injured player on the pitch for several minutes was unbelievable.