Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Barry fry - late kick off

Whilst they were showing the Peterborough goals Barry fry said they had a £2m bid during January for chris Boyd, he didnt say which team(s) or give any details apart from the price.

Could this have been us? I believe that the £2m was given to lambert before it was made public by MF! Boyd knows where the goal is and does seem like he would have met our needs...?

P.s. I''m sure it was Boyd that Barry fry said and no mackail smith!

1) Foulger put 2m into the player budget - which covers fee and wages so we probably have less than 2m to spend2) Some of that 2m was probably spent on securing Lansbury for the rest of the season, and potentially on bringing Barnett in.3) Barry Fry talks a lot of rubbish, don''t believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

If Barry Fry had been bid £2M for Boyd he would have bitten the persons hand off - he is not worth a third of that. As previous poster said the man is a publicity mad loon and you cannot take more than 10% of what he says seriously.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

If Barry Fry had been bid £2M for Boyd he would have bitten the persons hand off - he is not worth a third of that. As previous poster said the man is a publicity mad loon and you cannot take more than 10% of what he says seriously.

[/quote]

I agree Boyd is definitely worth far less than the £2 million Fry was banging on about yesterday. But I seem to remember Ian Holloway saying he enquired about Boyd (in case Charlie Adam left I guess) in January and he was absolutely staggered by what Peterborough were holding out for. So maybe there is something in it.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Whilst they were showing the Peterborough goals Barry fry said they had a £2m bid during January for chris Boyd, he didnt say which team(s) or give any details apart from the price.

Could this have been us? I believe that the £2m was given to lambert before it was made public by MF! Boyd knows where the goal is and does seem like he would have met our needs...?

P.s. I''m sure it was Boyd that Barry fry said and no mackail smith![/quote]

Wasn''t it George Boyd he was talking about?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Whilst they were showing the Peterborough goals Barry fry said they had a £2m bid during January for chris Boyd, he didnt say which team(s) or give any details apart from the price. Could this have been us? I believe that the £2m was given to lambert before it was made public by MF! Boyd knows where the goal is and does seem like he would have met our needs...? P.s. I''m sure it was Boyd that Barry fry said and no mackail smith![/quote]

If you''re going to continue to put rubbish on here, at least make an attempt at getting the names right

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]1) Foulger put 2m into the player budget - which covers fee and wages so we probably have less than 2m to spend
2) Some of that 2m was probably spent on securing Lansbury for the rest of the season, and potentially on bringing Barnett in.
3) Barry Fry talks a lot of rubbish, don''t believe a word that comes out of his mouth.
[/quote]

1 out of 3 is not bad (point 3 is indisputable).

Blackpool had a bid rejected for Boyd in January. They also wanted Craig Mackal-Smith (or however you spell his name), and were quoted £4m for them both.

Blackpool refused to take them up on this offer.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Whilst they were showing the Peterborough goals Barry fry said they had a £2m bid during January for chris Boyd, he didnt say which team(s) or give any details apart from the price. Could this have been us? I believe that the £2m was given to lambert before it was made public  by MF! Boyd knows where the goal is and does seem like he would have met our needs...? P.s. I''m sure it was Boyd that Barry fry said and no mackail smith![/quote]

If you''re going to continue to put rubbish on here, at least make an attempt at getting the names right

[/quote]He might be an undercover reporter for The Sun or CEEFAX. We know how good their accuracy is for names of our players [:P]

I''m pretty sure he said his Chairman

(Darragh MacAnthony) turned down £2m for George Boyd but he himself would have sold him.

He also mentioned about turning down a club wanting Joe Lewis despite them offering a £500,000 loan fee which I found interesting.. damn you Roeder!