Sign in to follow this  
Lewie - Holt Our Saviour

Lambert doesn't want promotion...

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Delfouneso gone to Burnley on loan... Why didn''t we blimmin get him![/quote]Considering what we''ve done over the last 18 months I''m not really going to question Lambert''s motivation to win, or policy on transfers.

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Delfouneso gone to Burnley on loan... Why didn''t we blimmin get him![/quote]

Why dont you go support Plymouth and wallow in self pity? Idiotic post

[quote user="WEEN NASTY"][quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]Delfouneso gone to Burnley on loan... Why didn''t we blimmin get him!
[/quote] Why dont you go support Plymouth and wallow in self pity? Idiotic post[/quote]

What he said ^^^^^^^^

Totally agreed with Lewie. How Nathan Delfouneso going on loan to Burnley means Lambert not wanting promotion is beyond me and I''d hope most reasonable people.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Totally agreed with Lewie. How Nathan Delfouneso going on loan to Burnley means Lambert not wanting promotion is beyond me and I''d hope most reasonable people.[/quote]

Fortunately I think the sensible are still in the majority, just a few who have problems with wood/tree vision.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Totally agreed with Lewie. How Nathan Delfouneso going on loan to Burnley means Lambert not wanting promotion is beyond me and I''d hope most reasonable people.[/quote]

Its always so refreshing to know that we have some fans that would do the manager''s job for him, I echo what has already been said Plymouth could do with a few extra fans,

Why do you think Lambert would want Delfouneso? Just because you think he''s good, and the burnley manager wants him. Doesn''t mean we should sign him. Get over your self, and SUPPORT THE TEAM, instead of moaning about needing a new striker.

IMO it''s an irrelevant question anyway as I believe that Lambert will be snapped up in the summer by a bigger club whether or not we get promotion. If we gain promotion then two consecutive promotions will thrust Lambert into the headlines and the offers will come flooding in from clubs far more attractive than Burnley ........... and if we don''t gain promotion Lambert will still be perceived as a young manager and one who will benefit from moving to a bigger club with genuine ambition and a credible transfer fund to fulfil it.

Sorry, omitted one important point :

IMO it''s an irrelevant question anyway as I believe that Lambert will be snapped up in the summer by a bigger club whether or not we get promotion. If we gain promotion then two consecutive promotions will thrust Lambert into the headlines and the offers will come flooding in from clubs far more attractive than Burnley ........... and if we don''t gain promotion Lambert will still be perceived as a young manager with great potential and one who will benefit from moving to a bigger club with genuine ambition and a credible transfer fund to fulfil it.

I agree that this is a moronic thread but just a question for Lewie.

How do you know Lambert didn''t try to sign him?  Just because he went somewhere else doesn''t mean we didn''t want him or try to sign him.

Have a go at ebay.  When you''ve been outbid a few times, you will understand.

Can''t believe some people, just because someone asks a question they get the finger pointed at them for not supporting the team.

Alot of people can see that our achilles at the moment is scoring, so to suggest we look at improving the situation doesn''t mean they suddenly have stopped following NCFC.

I''d love for us to bring someone else in as our striking department is struggling at the moment, we need someone who can score a few and take the pressure off Holt.

PL''s transfer dealings in the striking department hasn''t been great but does that mean I have stooped following/supporting the team.....No!!

OTBC

Firstly, what a ridiculous post......Strikers mentioned on here are hardly what we need IMHO. Phillips was a great player, i grew up watching him at Watford and he has performed everywhere, however he is now at a time of his career that he cant cope with a full 90mins three times a week. We need a player who can come in and play as much as possible.Delfuenso or however you spell his name was another name mentioned by many.....lets look at what we want: we want a player who knows where the net is...tell me how many goals he has scored (albeit in the Prem).  He very well may bang them in for fun in this league, but at the present time he just looks like a slightly better version of Daley (pace to burn and not much else).Its obvious we need a striker to come in and help.  what is not obvious is if we can afford to compete (despite all this talk of 2m). I for one would be looking out to Europe....a prem reserve is a gamble and so is a Scandinavian /eastern european who will cost less and bangs them in for his current side.  Im sure we can get a better quality of player from the E.U than from taking Prem outcasts.  Someone in the Bednar mould would really push us on. We have scouts (or at least i presume we do!) so lets get them out there doing their jobs!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I agree that this is a moronic thread but just a question for Lewie.

How do you know Lambert didn''t try to sign him?  Just because he went somewhere else doesn''t mean we didn''t want him or try to sign him.

Have a go at ebay.  When you''ve been outbid a few times, you will understand.

[/quote]

I would love the transfer market to be like ebay now you have said that!

You could have a buy him no price or just let it go to auction

[quote user="Al Catraz"]IMO it''s an irrelevant question anyway as I believe that Lambert will be snapped up in the summer by a bigger club whether or not we get promotion. If we gain promotion then two consecutive promotions will thrust Lambert into the headlines and the offers will come flooding in from clubs far more attractive than Burnley ........... and if we don''t gain promotion Lambert will still be perceived as a young manager and one who will benefit from moving to a bigger club with genuine ambition and a credible transfer fund to fulfil it.[/quote]

I think we''ll only lose him if we don''t go up this year - Get promoted and he''ll be where he wants to be. But he''s stressed he''s happy here, and i think we''ve got far more chance of losing him if the idiots keep slagging him off over this and that, and ultimately make him think ''Why am i bothering here?''. Too many bloody armchair managers on here that know better, with the exception of Smudger they appear to be about 14 years old.

Some great posts on here today which is refreshing. I''m not disappointed Lamberts not gone in for/missed out on Delfounso or whatever he''s called, i saw the Man City V Aston Villa match and i couldn''t understand what the fuss was about, didn''t look that amazing to me. And to the OP who came out with ''Lambert doesn''t want promotion'' - What a load of cr@p! I sometimes wonder what planet some of you folks are living on!

OTBC

Not signing a raw, unproven, young striker on loan means Lambert doesnt want promotion. Really? This isnt quite the Huckerby moment back in 2003/4 where signing him was likely to clinch promotion. As others have said I think we''re having a bit of trouble seeing the wood from the trees today.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Can''t believe some people, just because someone asks a question they get the finger pointed at them for not supporting the team.[/quote]So you think that "Lambert doesn''t want promotion" is a reasonable statement and not one uttered by somebody who plainly isn''t the sharpest knife in the drawer, judging by previous posts?

[quote user="canaryfan68"]

Can''t believe some people, just because someone asks a question they get the finger pointed at them for not supporting the team.

Alot of people can see that our achilles at the moment is scoring, so to suggest we look at improving the situation doesn''t mean they suddenly have stopped following NCFC.

I''d love for us to bring someone else in as our striking department is struggling at the moment, we need someone who can score a few and take the pressure off Holt.

PL''s transfer dealings in the striking department hasn''t been great but does that mean I have stooped following/supporting the team.....No!!

OTBC

[/quote]

He also made a statement that Lambert doesn''t want promotion.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="canaryfan68"]Can''t believe some people, just because someone asks a question they get the finger pointed at them for not supporting the team.[/quote]So you think that "Lambert doesn''t want promotion" is a reasonable statement and not one uttered by somebody who plainly isn''t the sharpest knife in the drawer, judging by previous posts?[/quote]Yes I agree not great title but lets be honest Lambert soon plugged the gap when we got an injury at the back with Barnett but now C Martin is out nothing happening and as previous posts have noted our competitors for play offs etc Forest Burnley Leeds seem to be strengthening for run in even IpSh*t get Bullard who cant be cheap!

Lambert Out!!! Lets get that lovely Glen Roeder chap back, now there was a man who knew how to sort out a loan deal. I think some of our supporters actually think that real life management is the same as football manager!

Don''t assume that PL didn''t try to get Delfouneso.

Just because we have £2M to spend doesn''t mean that we automatically trump everyone else. Perhaps Delfouneso didn''t want to move too far, perhaps Burnley offered more money (parachute assisted) or perhaps PL has his eyes on someone else?

We can''t cry into our beer every time another team brings in a new player!

We''ve brought in a good few of our own in recent seasons!!!

on what basis?Can anyone tell me what Delfuenso has actually ever done?!Maybe the obsession with "pace" or the Premiership is blinding people''s opinions?!Think back to the mid nineties....... would anyone then have been happy picking up a player on loan who has barely scored and looks ordinary when he comes on?Think the major problem here is the hoarding of all the actual talent by the rich clubs.Im sure there are a few decent players out there but playing in the youth sides of the big 4 is not enough proof to sign them up......

All those clubs using the loan system this are just storing up trouble.  When the crap starts being dished out on the pitch let''s see if they return it with favour or not.  Don''t think so, it''s not what loanees do.  Team spirit over overpaid fly by nights any day. 

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Who is this bigger club then?[/quote]

Sorry, not sure what you mean.

Ched Evans hadnt done anything when he joined on loan but he scored plenty for us , we have been banging a drum that we are looking for a striker for weeks now, but are we ? at the moment just about anybody would do a better job than Wilbraham and Jackson . Last time a Norwich striker apart from Holt scored November 2010 , pathetic for a team hoping to finish top 2 .

I just do not understand the negativity of some people, we have come so far since Lambert took over why are people getting so upset about our rivals signing an unproven striker?Until he does something to convince me otherwise I trust Paul Lambert 100% stop getting upset at every little thing and support your team