Sign in to follow this  
natncfc

leeds signing

Leeds just signed barry bannan from villa for season long loan. Villa do have a recall option though.

I fear this could push them on nicely.

[quote user="natncfc"]Leeds just signed barry bannan from villa for season long loan. Villa do have a recall option though. I fear this could push them on nicely.[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not - never heard of him myself - some loans can do the business for a club but others can as equally fail miserably - time will tell but as yet it is still in our hands to do our stuff despite the hard run in

Yeh i agree, just got the hump tbh. Just wish we had someone to come in and give us a push, personally i think we need pace to get in behind defenses at home. To me that = Jackson, he has been on the naughty step long enough for me, you dont turn into a bad finisher overnight.

Just a bit frustrated bomber!!

BTW i dont want just any old player to rock up and just collect his cash so understand patience is a virtue!

Looked bang average from what i saw of him earlier in the season and we don''t need any more central midfielders so not that bothered about this.

He''s a very neat and skillful player - but he is quite lightweight.

I believe MON didn''t really want to know him at Villa because he is short and slightly built but when Houllier came in he was pretty impressed by his ability with the ball and has kept him around the first team squad.

Should be a good signing for Leeds and help them try to cement their place in the play-offs but I''d expect them to be there anyway.

[quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]Lambert must be noticing the other promotion contenders improving he must be feeling more urgency to build on the squad before we fall away.[/quote]

Its the ''emergency'' loan window.

We are 3/4 into the season.

Even with are crap players we are still 4th.

Do you not think he has already got it right?

This obsession with needing more players is really annoying now. Do you not think if the right player was out their, he would be here already? There are a many big factors that go into every move. And to get a good enough player on loan, for not too much money isn''t easy Who on earth is the player Leeds have signed? I don''t see how he''s going to improve them by much, and if he does, then how have Leeds been managing all season?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]BTW. nana is short for Banana.

[/quote]Thanks. What''s Tangible Fixed Assets anyone? short for? [:^)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Preston North End. [:D]

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Crofts Number 1 Fan"]Lambert must be noticing the other promotion contenders improving he must be feeling more urgency to build on the squad before we fall away.[/quote]

Its the ''emergency'' loan window.

We are 3/4 into the season.

Even with are crap players we are still 4th.

Do you not think he has already got it right?

This obsession with needing more players is really annoying now. Do you not think if the right player was out their, he would be here already? There are a many big factors that go into every move. And to get a good enough player on loan, for not too much money isn''t easy Who on earth is the player Leeds have signed? I don''t see how he''s going to improve them by much, and if he does, then how have Leeds been managing all season?[/quote]spot on GP. I have been saying we need a striker in, and in all honesty it would be nice, but the squad we have is more than capable of finsihing in the top 6 this season. They have proved that already, it''s stupidly harsh all these threads about us missing out on loan players. The other effect of a loan player at this time of the season could be negative, he may effect the team moral, players may be pissed he is walking straight into the team (which is quite likely with the money forked out on ''emergency loans'') and may take a while to adjust to how the teams play. There is no point bringing in a player like this where we really don''t need. I know i vented the idea of bringing Brown in on loan (from pompey), but that was because i think his experience and aggresive tackling could maybe add something in the last part of the season. I am confident however that this team, if it stays fit, will have a very good chance of automatic promotion

BB wouldn''t add anything to our squad.  Hes a bit of a gamble in that hes only played a handful of games and its different step down to championship level at this stage of the season.  Cant see as hes any better than Howson, Kilkenny, Gradel or Snodders, but i dunno how much depth there is to Leeds to midfield, so more just a squad player i think.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Preston North End. [:D]

[/quote][IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/megalol.jpg[/IMG]