Sign in to follow this  
tristan

Leicester pubs

Best bet near the ground is the Counting House. Its beside a big  Morrisons supermarket. Don''t confuse it with the Local Hero which is just across the car park and is a home pub. Local Hero does serve cheap anddecent grub but you will need to hide your colours.

Ask Gazza, the resident expert on Leicester here, or Smith Must Score, the resident expert on booze! [:D]

If there are any Leic canaries around could they tell me please if there is anywhere in walking distance of the ground to have a meal around 5.30pm before it gets busy ?

Also any suggestions for parking?

Thanks for any help [:)]

Well, depends what you are after meal wise, and whether you mean a cheap chippy or a nice meal somewhere. bare in mind i dont hang out in pubs etc [:)]

[quote user="jbghost"]Best bet near the ground is the Counting House. Its beside a big  Morrisons supermarket. Don''t confuse it with the Local Hero which is just across the car park and is a home pub. Local Hero does serve cheap anddecent grub but you will need to hide your colours.[/quote]Accents too probably...........unless you''re Smudger of course.Speaking of which he seems to be under the impression that our trip to Brisbane Road last season, when I was shockingly led astray by fellow supporters, somehow qualifies me as an alcohol availablity expert everywhere we play......Like many others I expect that on the night I''ll end up shoe-horned into '' The Counting House '' with all the hundreds of others. That said if there''s time and you don''t mind a bit of a walk to the ground there''s several Wetherspoons/ Lloyds bar type places in the centre of Leicester. There''s also a nice real ale pub '' The Hind '' right opposite the station. They didn''t seem to mind away supporters as there were plenty in there in there after one game we played ( but it wasn''t the 4-0 defeat when there was trouble in the city centre after the match so they might not be so keen now )Otherwise, Smudger, it''ll be a few cans of Special Brew in a brown paper bag from a dodgy-looking '' offy '' if all else fails.......

Last time at Leicester we went to the Swan & Rushes. Arrived at 11.45am and sampled all the ales in the bar. Some twice. It''s a good pub, and does good grub as well. Only 15 minutes or so from the ground.

[quote user="cityangel"]

If there are any Leic canaries around could they tell me please if there is anywhere in walking distance of the ground to have a meal around 5.30pm before it gets busy ?

[/quote]

Can i just let everybody know that Mr.Angel will be driving and footing the bill for the meal.[:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Can i just let everybody know that Mr.Angel will be driving and footing the bill for the meal.[:D]

[/quote]

Yes thats true so dont want a cheap Macdonalds or KFC [:)]

[quote user="Tim Allman"]Last time at Leicester we went to the Swan & Rushes. Arrived at 11.45am and sampled all the ales in the bar. Some twice. It''s a good pub, and does good grub as well. Only 15 minutes or so from the ground.[/quote]

I was in there too before our last game there. Excellent pub.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Tim Allman"]Last time at Leicester we went to the Swan & Rushes. Arrived at 11.45am and sampled all the ales in the bar. Some twice. It''s a good pub, and does good grub as well. Only 15 minutes or so from the ground.[/quote] I was in there too before our last game there. Excellent pub.[/quote]

I''ll try that one then [:)]

stay on the 47, go past the holiday inn and park up on a side street on hinckley road. best drinking area is braunstone gate a few minutes away then just follow the masses to the ground 

[quote user="lord montyjones"]stay on the 47, go past the holiday inn and park up on a side street on hinckley road. best drinking area is braunstone gate a few minutes away then just follow the masses to the ground [/quote]Resident Leicester expert Gazza has suggested that we park up the pussy wagon in Braunstone Gate, where there is a selection of Bars within 15 mins walk of the ground.  Bars include The O Bar, Mobius, The Looking Glass, Loaf and The Left Bank.  Not sure how open some of them might be to those wearing colours for a high profile game, but if you are fairly conservative with them then I am sure that you won''t run in to any trouble in this area of town and there is a good selection of places that should be enough to keep most people happy.If you want somewhere slightly quieter for a drink and something to eat, with street parking available and some nice food then we would suggest that you aim to visit this part of the City about 5pm time City Angel.Smith Must Score, love your post! [:D]  It''s not just your love of the ale and your ability to pick out a good boozer that we like, but we also wonder when you next might be able to give us the heads up on finding an establishment like The White Horse in Wycombe [;)]

[quote user="improper fraction"]Which one will be serving you birthday cake Smudger? [^][/quote]I have no idea yet. Is that an "Improper Offer???"I picked up my first cake yesterday and expect at least one more tomorrow!

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Smudger - it''s still morning. What you doing up? lol...and Smith Must Score is still continuing his long research into finding the best beer and pubs for footie. I''m not sure this research will ever be concluded....[/quote]Ahh I''m not out of bed just yet!As for Smithy, I bet he is wobbling around if we bump in to him tomorrow evening.  Especially if he has decided to travel by making the short train journey from Peterborough.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Smudger - is that a picture you really want to share with everyone on here? lol[/quote]Not at all, enough of my life has been shared on here already! [:P]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Smudger - is that a picture you really want to share with everyone on here? lol
[/quote]

Not at all, enough of my life has been shared on here already! [:P]
[/quote]

After what i witnessed with my own eyes on Saturday and what i have since heard i think you two need to get a home.[;)]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Thankyou for your thoughtful suggestion Tilly but we both already have homes [:)]
[/quote]

I did not think that was the case saturday evening WITS or were you telling porkies in order to gain favour with one of my fellow Fanny Magnets?[:P]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]I was temporarily in a predicament and I am very grateful for the friendship shown to me in my hour of need [:D]
[/quote]

What you mean is that you had been drinking when you were full up and not thirsty.As i say there is only one thing worse than a pi ssed woman and that is two of them so thank the Lord that Kathy had already left.[:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]I was temporarily in a predicament and I am very grateful for the friendship shown to me in my hour of need [:D][/quote]

What you mean is that you had been drinking when you were full up and not thirsty.As i say there is only one thing worse than a pi ssed woman and that is two of them so thank the Lord that Kathy had already left.[:D]

[/quote]Not at all. My predicament occured before the game and before I had consumed any alcohol. You are clutching at straws

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]I was temporarily in a predicament and I am very grateful for the friendship shown to me in my hour of need [:D][/quote]

[/quote]Me Gazza and my good friend Tristen (who took the vacant seat in the pussy wagon in our chiefs abscence) will have to put up with two pissed women tomorrow evening Tilly, when the lovely Kathy and Nessa to join us on our trip to Leicester tomorrow.I bet you are glad you had an good alibi to stay at home? [;)]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Not at all. My predicament occured before the game and before I had consumed any alcohol. You are clutching at straws [/quote]"So if you want my address, it''s number one at the end of the bar,Where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing our scars!" [8]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]I was temporarily in a predicament and I am very grateful for the friendship shown to me in my hour of need [:D]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Me Gazza and my good friend Tristen (who took the vacant seat in the pussy wagon in our chiefs abscence) will have to put up with two pissed women tomorrow evening Tilly, when the lovely Kathy and Nessa to join us on our trip to Leicester tomorrow.

I bet you are glad you had an good alibi to stay at home? [;)]
[/quote]

Maybe I wont bring the birthday cake after all.

Thought this was a thread re Leic pubs but its turned into a thread dating thread, question is W.I.T.S have you decided on Morty, Gazza or Smudger yet ?? [:D]