Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Poll: Will Wheelie score this season?

I love the sound of some of the earlier members of this thread and many of the other ones on the same subject currently scraping the eggs off their faces and eating their humble pie.

I had no doubts he would score and have been impressed with his forward play especially at Leeds away.

Well done Aaron, hopefully you will get many more.

But he wont get many more will he ? and thats why most people still realise the need for a better striker to be brought in .

A first goal has to be a confidence boost, we may see a different player now he''s got over that hurdle. Seems like his team-mates were pleased for him too. I think I would rather have Wilbraham than an on-loan striker - Wilbraham wants to be a success at Norwich, not somewhere else. I like the way he speaks about the team, he seems to have a positive attitude. Good luck to the guy, I hope he gets more starts.

Precisely Canario - he''s a typical Lambert signing attitude wise. Wants to do well at Norwich, not wants to do well at another club by hitching a ride on us. Which is exactly what the ''Yak'' is doing over in Leicester. We can not underestimate the role of only bringing in players with the right attitude in creating our TEAM and hence our performance levels.  

Still waiting for his first goal in my opinion.

Anybody who was there last night would tell you that he has been lucky to get away with claiming this one if they are honest about it.

Has to go down as an OG for me.  A weak shot which was never going to go in without the massive deflection which put it on target and totally wrong footed Ricardo in goal.

Even Coney''s goal with his arse was better!

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]I love the sound of some of the earlier members of this thread and many of the other ones on the same subject currently scraping the eggs off their faces and eating their humble pie.

I had no doubts he would score and have been impressed with his forward play especially at Leeds away.

Well done Aaron, hopefully you will get many more.[/quote]No mate, I''ve seen enough of him to confirm my initial feelings when he was signed that he would not be the one to fire us to promotion with a hatfull of goals. Congratulations to him on last nights scuffed deflection it was just reward for a wholehearted performance but he is still nothing more than a poor mans Iwan Roberts (a very very poor mans). Some of the "Legend" stuff on this and other threads is simply laughable.No doubt he will do his share of the physical and be a useful asset in his hold up play. The guy will always give 100% but expecting a league one trundler to burst into a world beater at this stage of his career is taking wishful thinking to extremes.Good luck to him I say, I will cheer every goal but he will always be Wheeliebin to me.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Anybody who was there last night would tell you that he has been lucky to get away with claiming this one if they are honest about it.

Has to go down as an OG for me.  A weak shot which was never going to go in without the massive deflection which put it on target and totally wrong footed Ricardo in goal.

[/quote]

This sounds like sour grapes from a Leicester fan born and bred if you ask me [;)]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

This sounds like sour grapes from a Leicester fan born and bred if you ask me [;)]

[/quote]Hehe! [:D]

Delighted that he scored. Saw it earlier on SSN, and it was quite a neat turn and finish. Happy to eat my words when I said he''d never score with us. Though, he really does need to score more than 1 in 13 or whatever it is now. Hope for many more though!

Bet that shut quite a few up yesterday then. Wait for all the people all of a sudden backing him saying how good he is at hold-up play and an aerial threat when he has been doing that all along, it''s just people choose to ignore this for his lack of goals.

BTW before anyone thinks they are being clever, I have always backed Wilbraham and, other than a few choice words after the Preston game, I have never had a bad thing to say about him.

I''ve just put my wheelie bin out for the morning collection. Oddly enough, as I headed for the gate I realised I was steering the wrong side of a post but ended up alright due to a deflection off a path edging, phew!

We all know that there is a section of Norwich supporters who just have to have a scapegoat. Life really wouldn''t be worth living without one. 

Do I think he is the answer? In all honesty no. But with our options limited as they were at the time, he does bring to the table a decent all round game and he is  a popular team man. He has also just contributed massively to potentially knocking a team everyone was terrified of not long ago in Leicester out of the playoff race. Lambert himself has said he has done everything asked of him since he arrived. So that will do for me and he deserves our full support.

Give the bloke his due, He converted a  half chance , turned his man  from a difficult bouncing ball and scored.How many ghouls do you see scored where the last defender can only help the ball into the net? That ghoul took more skill than Dirk Kuyts tap in against Manure at the weekend.If someone like Bergkamp scored that nobody would be talking about a lucky deflection. 100 per cent of people on this board would be claiming  if they scored  a similar   one  for their local pub team .

"How many ghouls do you see scored where the last defender can only help the ball into the net?"

Martin Peters used to do that loads, ghosting past people.

Maybe it''s all down to the current "team spirit".

Fair play to him, although it has taken him about 3 months to do so.

I think 99.99% of us will support anyone wearing the yellow shirt and want them to do a job but poor old Wheelie has just looked a little out of his depth.

Lets hope he gets a couple more.....

Fantastic to see the whole team congratulate him though. THIS is what no amount of money can buy you and pretty much sums up how Lambert''s done such a wonderful job.