Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Poll: Will Wheelie score this season?

NoAlthough I don''t rate him, the smattering of boos when his name was read out at the start (and again when he came on) was disgraceful.

Guarantee he''ll pop up with a priceless goal or two. Your right the boo''s were a joke, as were the ones at full time. Those guilty of it should hang their heads in shame.

He should score before the end of the season but his value is surely more in the hold up play and winning stuff in the air.

Holty is trying to do it all up front and coming too deep at times to get the ball - Wilbraham made a difference again when he came on today and we started to win the aerial battle.

Definately an acquired taste but not a prolific goalscorer. 

One is bound to go in off his ar$e if he hangs about in the penalty area long enough.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

He should score before the end of the season but his value is surely more in the hold up play and winning stuff in the air.

Holty is trying to do it all up front and coming too deep at times to get the ball - Wilbraham made a difference again when he came on today and we started to win the aerial battle.

[/quote]

Would you say that Aaron Wilbraham is making a greater contribution than Drazen Muzinic, fabled captain of Yugoslavia, did during his sojourn with us?

OTBC

No. Even Chris Brown will score more goals than him at Carrow Road this season which says it all.

It''s just not happening for him and he''s starting to snatch at things now.

No. I know it could be argued that his game isn''t about scoring, but rather about winning headers, holding the ball up and just being a general nuisance, but I think it''s a waste having a forward on the pitch who doesn''t even look like scoring. At least Mr Cureton got himself in to good positions... even if he didn''t always have his finishing boots on!

[quote user="ricardo"]One is bound to go in off his ar$e if he hangs about in the penalty area long enough.[/quote]Ah yes, the old Dean Coney approach to goal poaching! The similarities are increasing week by week...

He wins the ball, holds it up and whilst he wears a Norwich shirt he deserves our support.

Think about it, all this negative stuff is really a pop at Lambert as he signed him. No manager in history, in any league in the world will make perfect signing, its a gamble. Tell you what look who he has signed and what they have done for us!

I did see on the FLS that he headed the ball out of the keepers right hand, which is legal and then proceeded to get booked. That would have been a good way to win it.He was brought in for backup for Holt, he wears the clubs colours and I will always support him. He may not have a lot of attributes, but he does hold up well, but a lot of our players are not used to that style of play here.

AW should play on Tuesday, Wes too deep to assist Grant up top, only won anything in the air when he came on.  Was never going to be prolific our only option up front with Chris Martin injured.  Or would you prefer Simeon?  AW will score more than SJ in the run in or will certainly score as many. 

I have considerable doubts.

The longer it goes on, the more likely it is that he will snatch at the ball and miss.

Wilbraham was brought as a foil for Holt or a replacement when required. The problem now is we need a goal scorer not an extra, QPR bring on Miller who scores the winner and we have Wilbraham the wheeliebin.

Why are we trying to use a League 1 strike force to get to the Promised Land - Priceless

Unless Holt is injured or suspended i would not have Wilbraham anywhere near the pitch , Simeon Jackson at least has time and potential on his time and has been known to put a chance away , Wilbraham was a donkey in league 1 and using him as one of our main strikers is frankly laughable.

Don''t know why everyone hates him so much. He was decent at leeds, better than Holt in fact, set up the goal to beat Milwall, and won some good headers again yesterday, including the one that set Holt away, only to be denied by a good tackle. He''s not a goalscorer, but wasn''t brought in to score us goals to get us promoted. Booing him is pathetic, every match he''s given 100% it''s hardly his fault that lambert signed him.

He''s looked a bit better in recent appearances but is never going to be more than a '' stop gap '' at this level.He''s bound to get a lucky break/ deflection or whatever one day soon. If I could find anyone offering odds on him scoring at least one before the end of the season I would think it was easy money.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

[/quote] Would you say that Aaron Wilbraham is making a greater contribution than Drazen Muzinic, fabled captain of Yugoslavia, did during his sojourn with us? OTBC[/quote]

Absolutely not! I gave fans a rare glimpse of exotic panache and many more talking points than Wilbraham.

And I kept the bloke who printed the numbers on the match day shirts busy too.

Yes, I am sure he will. Also, are people forgetting how impotent the rest of our attack is (minus Holt of course).

Perhaps we should do a poll to ask if Tierney and Zak will score this season!?They''re the only ones of the regular 1st XI who haven''t yet.