Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Get in TWO more strikers on loan, now. We need a push

Yeah JE, maybe the circumstances are a little different. I''d like to think, that if we wanted to, we could prise a player from Peterborough. A lot comes down to player power theses days, I''m sure Mackail-Smith would like to be battling for Prem promotion!

Why do people say dont panic its just a one off ? it isnt its virtually every home game we are coming unstuck . I read somewhere thats the 5th home match running its been 1-1 at 90 minutes , our away form is promotion form , our home form is nowhere near good enough.

Again yellow 1, I couldn''t agree more. Leeds score 5 past Doncaster and we manage 1, our goal difference will be the worst in the play off places.

Against Doncaster, we only showed any urgency once they had equalised instead of seeing the game out and relaxing. If people are happy with draws against lower opposition lets not even talk about the play offs and getting a loan striker in.

I was surprised we never made any effort-seemingly-to sign Kevin Cooper permanently, he looked very good during his loan spell.

Getting one striker in is going to be difficult, two nigh on impossible-but I do agree with the sentiments, yes-we do have goals in us, but you can never have too many options and one would certainly be to have someone on the bench who would worry an opposition defence, and, at best, worry Holty-so that even he knows hsi starting place isn''t set in stone.

There are strikers about and available for the right money, but they don''t necc fit in with what Lambert is looking for.

Kuffour at Bristol Rovers has always looked decent to me-quick, strong, good finisher. But he''s a leaqgue below us, it might be another Jackson situation. Similarly with players like La Fondre. PL clearly wants someone who can hit the ground running and do a job straight away, hence the interest in Blake. Ditto Elliott last season when he came on loan, he''d been there, done it, worn the T-Shirt.

Ebanks-Blake would have been my call but he''s out of reach. I really don''t know who is available and who, crucially, might want to come here...

The biggest problem is that cotton wool cumfort zone in the premier league, they would rather train and sit on the bench instead of having to earn thier money with us, we have heared that mentioned from a couple of players, they want to stay and try to get in to the team, but the truth is they ar''nt bothered they get a pay packet  no matter what, I think we are going to find it hard to find anyone before Chris Martin and Simon Lappin are back

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]I had thought that BowkettMcNallyLambert understood the need for a push. Was I wrong to have faith?

With CMartin out we need 2 strikers in on loan following the Steve Bruce philosophy for promotion from this league that ''you can''t have too many strikers''.

Play 1/2 to start with and have 3 on the bench to chop and change as circumstances dictate.- and pray that 1 of the 4 finds some form to help out Holt. Strikers thrive on confidence and competition

As Brutus said to Cassius in Shakespeare''s ''Julius Caesar'' on the final phase of the civil war in which they were engaged:

There is a tide in the affairs of men.

Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;

Omitted, all the voyage of their life

Is bound in shallows and in miseries.

On such a full sea are we now afloat,

And we must take the current when it serves,

Or lose our ventures.

NOW IS THE TIME FOR THAT PUSH!

That''s my view.

What say you?

OTBC[/quote]On this post?As Macbeth said to himself:"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury

Signifying nothing."

I think this thread illustrates just how difficult it is. I think pretty much everyone agrees that we need another striker, but no one can think of one who is affordable, available and reliable.

We know Lambert wants one, or we wouldn''t have bid for Blake.

We''ll just have to hope, I suppose.

Um, our GD is better than Leeds....but apart from that, a good point. Fact is we should have buried both Doncaster and Preston because they were both rubbish sides. I have seldom seen worse keepers at this level than either Sullivan or Turner and we didn''t test either of them.

Yesterdays game against Preston, highlighted so much how we need at least one striker to play with Holty, come PL and the Norwich board find someone before its too late.

Phillips is getting games at Birmingham. So i think that ones out the question.

I suppose you can always invent some excuse for finding a passage to quote in return.

I''ll pass though.

You can take a spin around that circle, look up Shakespeare quotes on Wikipedia like your leader and come again if you wish.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]I suppose you can always invent some excuse for finding a passage to quote in return.

I''ll pass though.

You can take a spin around that circle, look up Shakespeare quotes on Wikipedia like your leader and come again if you wish.

OTBC[/quote]

*Chops not Broadstairs.

OTBC

Well,well,well i never knew Mister C was a member of the Inner Circle.Did you let him in "stalker"?

People suggesting Heskey need a serious reality check...There does seem to be a lack of available strikers at the moment. We can only really look to the prem as obviously nobody in the championship will lend us anyone. Maybe we will need to raid the youth teams of the big clubs- like when we dug Ched Evans out of nowhere. They might not be a big name player but if our scouts are doing their job and Lambert can exploit some connections then we may find the right player.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Well,well,well i never knew Mister C was a member of the Inner Circle.Did you let him in "stalker"?[/quote]

Who said anything about inner circle.

Get yer specs out!

OTBC

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Well,well,well i never knew Mister C was a member of the Inner Circle.Did you let him in "stalker"?

[/quote]In Bly''s mind, everybody is a member including the world and his wife. Ganja induced paranioa is to blame. I''m afraid the damage is done, there is no cure. Poor Bly.

[IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/ganja_roz-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/lappinitup/sobbing.jpg[/IMG]

Apart from the Reading game have we actually created enough chances to say we really need another striker?  Look at yesterday, we had long spells of possesion in which we were in their half but how many clear cut chances did we actually have?  Apart from the goal I can think of two which both fell to Holt in the second half.  One of them the defender made an excellent tackle and the other he decided to do the worst dive in history.  If Holt had scored more of his clear cut chances we wouldn''t be having this debate.  I don''t really know what we need but I''m not 100% certain it''s a striker.

Part of the problem of locating a couple of useful strikers is that 7 substitutes are now on the bench rather than 5.

Chances are that at least 1 of the additional 2 is a striker, and maybe both.

So more players are feeling closer to getting a run out than before - and less likely to favour a loan move.

OTBC

Holts not good enough to bury every chance he gets , take Barnsley he had 3 great chances and missed them all , thats why we do need somebody else up front who when a chance comes along they can put it away .

[quote user="Ncfc"]Holts not good enough to bury every chance he gets , take Barnsley he had 3 great chances and missed them all , thats why we do need somebody else up front who when a chance comes along they can put it away .
[/quote]

Thats a bit harsh on Holt. Its Wilbraham''s job up front to miss all the chances......

No striker in the history of football has scored from every chance they''ve had!

Holts done his job this season with 16 goals!

Its just that we need someone else up front with his consistancy and end product levels!

Ron Saunders would have sorted this out weeks ago.  And had them running up Mousehold to boot.

Let''s hope Bowkett and McNally have it in them to find us a livewire to complete the job.

Be good to each other.

q[quote user="CDMullins"]Craig Mackail Smith...

Similar deal they did with Boyd to Forest this time last year![/quote]

Im happy! Get in!