Sign in to follow this  
Carl Cort

whos worthy going to buy now?

apparently worthys about to get another player in loan. says so on the main pinkun website!
who do you reckon he should get?
i was thinking maybe of a central defender as cover.
possibly ridgewell at villa
or rowett at charlton
or luzhny at wolves
or mabizela at spurs
or elliott at leicester
is winston bogarde still biding his time at chelsea?

I''ve said it before and i''ll say it again - KEVIN HARPER!! (or do we have to buy him now that we''ve already had him on loan?)
Alternatively, a right sided Jim Brennan clone!

it wont be harper,portsmouth have 14 players out through injury and he played against liverpool at the weekend

I also would love to see Kevin Harper back here as he would solve our right side of midfield problem but the answer to your question A1Canary is yes we would have to buy him, and seeing as though Worthy as ruled out a permanent signing unfortunately we wont be seeing him back here this season. I doubt it will be a centre half, we''ve got cover there in Shackell and Drury or Holt at a push, i believe it will be an attacking right sided midfielder in the Kevin Harper mould, god knows who though. I think we''re just gonna to have to wait and see on this one.

Far fetched and everything i know... but i really want Reid and Dawson to come to norwich IF we go up!
Now... Granville? What happened to him?
i honestly dont know who else, but am sure worthy knows wot he is doing!!!

I see little point in signing a central defender as cover. Malky - not my fave player by any means - and Flem have been superb over the last few weeks and we have all seen how good Shackell can be as cover. With Drury and possibly Holt also able to cover I dont think we need more for the next three months. If and when we get promoted is the time to strengthen the central defence as the flem/mackay partnership will not be good enough there. Dawson is over-rated and Shackell is better IMHO so why go for him? (Anyway Hux has been our best defensive signing in years - makes the opponents mark our players rather than attacking our defence as aggressively as they did without him...)

The right side of midfield is our weak spot as pointed out by the other posters - a right winger who will willingly defend and support the attack with pace and accuracy are quite rare. Harper remains a fave because he opened our eyes to what a right winger could do - Rivers still didnt take note! - but Portsmouth injuries means he has been starting recently and we have had him for three months so we would have to buy him. As NW is looking for a loan player that rules Harps out. Reid is an interesting option as he did look good down here - but is he a right sided player or a cental midfielder?

If we are looking at a loan player we should really be picking from the premiership but a quick review of the player squads does not revel any obvious targets. Any ideas beyond Harps?

OTBC

Worthy should have a look at the talent that''s waiting to burst through at highbury. Cesc, David Bently or Philipe Senderos. Surely it''s in both clubs interests (being champions of their respective leagues and all) to give the players more experience. I''ve seen Cesc and Senderos play, and they''re both (to quote john barnes newcastle UEFA game match commentary), bobby dazzlers. Bently''s quite handing at lobbing keepers so i hear.

Well I have heard that Nick Barmby is possibly working his way to Forrest! Maybe we are in for his services too as a right winger? Thats defenitely the area we are looking at I feel. Other than that a defender.

Thing is if we get a right winger in what do we do with McVeigh? Could we be looking at a Huckerby McVeigh strike-force with Paul playing the deeper role and supporting the destruction that Hux causes?

If we do buy a right sided midfielder I would return McVeigh to the left wing and drop Dot Brennan. Its not that Dot has done anything wrong. he has performed better than Hederson or Rivers on the right, it is just that McVeigh attacking link play with Drury and Hux work so much better. This would be harsh on Brennan but would ultimately be best for the team.

Hux and McVeigh as a strike force is too light weight and does not suit our style of play that requires a target man - and our first choice central defenders/midfielders do not possess the passing game that a Hux/McVeigh partnership would require.

I too thought Barmby would have been worth a punt at this level but it looks like we have been beaten to the punch by Forest. Bentley looks good but isnt he a striker?

OTBC

Think he might be. Would be nice to have him up front with huckerby though. Are loan signings available from any overseas leagues? would be nice to bring in a midfielder or centre back with a bit of creativity and flair, just to give the team extra options. It worries me that we''re putting a lot of pressure on huckerby, as the majority of moves ends up at his feet.

I think DH is thriving on that pressure. In the West Ham game there were countless opportunities for him to pass the ball, but he chose to try and take on the entire West Ham team and more often than not, got past them. He wants to be the cornerstone of our attacking play, and I''m more than happy to let him get on with it!

Svensson and Hucks - it''s the way forward. Incedently, we ARE going to have to give DH a rest every so often to keep him fully recharged and hungry. I''d like to see Leon play a bigger substitutes role in the next couple of games, 20/30 mins.

I''d like to see NW play hucks & svensson tomorrow. Mckenzie should indeed get more action, maybe come on for the second half if svensson or roberts isn''t looking to sharp. the problem is that huckerby works well with a big target man, so who do you take off for mckenzie? mcveigh? put mckenzie in the hole behind the front 2, and see how it works out. we''d certainly have the firepower and pace to break through any defence in the league.