Sign in to follow this  
super dave

new striker

From these suggestions:

Phillips - Could prove to be a diamond signing for 3 months, has a proven track record and even though he is getting on, he knows where the goal is at this level. Would bring experience for a promotion push.

Klasnic - No chance.

McCarthy - I would rather sign the man from the Go Compare adverts.

Cox - Could be a shrewd signing, has scored goals last season at this level when given the chance and seems way down pecking order at WBA. Don''t think he would score for fun, but would have an impact.

Guidetti - Never seen him play, but have heard good things about him. Worth a punt.

Pacheco - Liverpool fans seem to rave about him, but when I have seen him in Europa Lge has had very little impact. Could get shrugged off the ball easily at this level, and is more of an attacking midfielder.

Delfouneso - This would be the best signing in my opinion. Has played in fits and starts for Villa, and has always seemed to have an impact. Touted as an England player of the future and would be keen to do well to prove to Houllier that he ''fits in'' with Bent, Agbonlahor etc at the club. Not sure if Villa would let him go though as they are still in FA Cup and sort of in a relegation battle.

Dani Pacheco had the potential to be amazing imo he needs a break and potentially a move to fulfil it.

Unfortunately, he decided to leave Barcelona to join Liverpool under Rafa.

Unfortunately, he''ll be more suited to Barcelona than Rafa''s Liverpool, considering they mainly played 451 with Rafa and then Hodgson.

He naturally comes with high work rate which gets inbred into most of the barce players these days and a run of games, certainly think he''ll be worth it.

Our options our very limited there''s lots of teams looking for that goalscorer to keep them up, or push for promotion. Proven one''s are already (usually) at the teams fighting for honours.

Delfouso would certainly be an option still bit of a gamble, but probably would have happened if O''Neill was still in charge of Villa.

Pacheco at the Euro U19''s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nE14YqFwvY&feature=related

Thanks for the youtube link. Very interesting. Looks like a 2-footed Wes.None too sure about the committment of the opposition though. I rather think he''d get flattened in short order by one of the league''s more, err, resolute defenders.

I think Delfouneso , Phillips and Klasnic are entirely unrealistic ... their Premiership clubs use them as key squad members and automatic replacements for injuries or suspensions.

McCarthy hasn''t played for yonks is as mobile as John Hartson and less committed than a Gunn loanee.

Pacheo would be nothing more than a blind gamble.

What about Leigh Griffiths?

We were linked to him recently and he scored in almost every other game in the SPL.

Wolves bought him in January but he hasn''t made an appearance for them yet ... is Mick McCarthy likely to give this 20 year old a run out in a Premier League relegation fight when he also has Doyle, Fletcher, Ebanks-Blake and a host of experienced offensive midfielders at his disposal?

This is a tricky one, because any loan player would come with an expectation of playing regularly, thus making it difficult for Chris Martin when he''s fit again or Jackson (who must already be well frustrated). There isn''t time for a new player to settle in or develop, so the impact has to be immediate. I wonder also if Lambert is waiting until next Monday so any signing could be eligible for the play-off final, if necessary.

I wonder if Pacheco would cope with the physical demands of the Championship. Delfouneso or Cox would be better bets in this regard, but even then there would be an element of risk about either fitting the bill.

Lets face it, who ever PL has his eyes on, it will not be one that anyone''s said.You all know PL does things that''s against the norm, someone not on the radar.Me, i`m just going to wait and see just who PL is going to bring in to see us promoted.

good point bloodwagon, but since half the premiership reserve teams and anyone outside of the top10 (championship) have been seemingly named by people. He''ll be going some to get "off the radar".

I wouldn''t like to be Lambert trying to find a striker at the minute.

a) Lower player = gamble.

b) Premiership player (obviously be reserve or youth) = gamble regardless who it is. Even look at Bellamy hasn''t scored alot and everyone was saying he''ll definately score 20+ even from right mid.

c) Championship players (vast majority of sides aren''t safe or have outside hopes of playoffs and fans wont be happy at loaning players out).

I just hope that scout from Rangers we hired, has a full note book on players. That been said most people thought Holt would struggle and Martin would outscore him.

Whoever it is, needs a good or luck start to get the confidence up and the fans/players behind him.

Does anyone know how much money the playoffs are worth? I think someone said losing finalist get about £3m in total (if teams agree that loser gets winners share).

To be honest, I''d take pretty much anyone at the moment. Whether it is from lower leagues, or up above in the Prem, I do not really care. Surely it is not that hard to find someone, who is better than Jacko and big Willy? Stephen Elliot last season was turd, maybe we could improve on that signing. I am sure there is plenty of talented finishers out there, just need to find it.

I still think McNamee playing off Holt could be an option,against Doncaster if we would have had a speedy forward we would have got behind them so much more,i don''t think PL is that bothered about bringing in a loan forward,unless i''ve missed him saying it,you never now Jackson might just spring to life and become the player we all thought he was!

[quote user="Baracouda"]good point bloodwagon, but since half the premiership reserve teams and anyone outside of the top10 (championship) have been seemingly named by people. He''ll be going some to get "off the radar". I wouldn''t like to be Lambert trying to find a striker at the minute. a) Lower player = gamble. b) Premiership player (obviously be reserve or youth) = gamble regardless who it is. Even look at Bellamy hasn''t scored alot and everyone was saying he''ll definately score 20+ even from right mid. c) Championship players (vast majority of sides aren''t safe or have outside hopes of playoffs and fans wont be happy at loaning players out). I just hope that scout from Rangers we hired, has a full note book on players. That been said most people thought Holt would struggle and Martin would outscore him. Whoever it is, needs a good or luck start to get the confidence up and the fans/players behind him. Does anyone know how much money the playoffs are worth? I think someone said losing finalist get about £3m in total (if teams agree that loser gets winners share).[/quote]

This is an opportunity for Lambert to demonstrate his astuteness as a maturing manager by bringing in a striker who can score goals regularly and make up for the errors of judgment displayed by the signings of the lean-to and Jackson. I think this experience shows how astute Gunn was in committing so much of his transfer budget at the time on Gary Holt. Fair play to him for that although I still shake my head in wonder when I recall his signing of Kalamitous.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]So who realistically can we get Ryan?[/quote]
Nathan Delfouneso. Quick, direct, powerful, and behind Heskey, Carew, Bent and Agbonlahor in the pecking order... just a thought.
[/quote]

Villa have already said Delfouneso wont be going anywhere on loan.

Its a bit of a poser this but I too think PL has got the playoffs in mind, yes we could get someone in and make auto promotion, but if we didn''t we would be saying goodby to the player who would have  been an asset I v''e been saying this for a while now and perhaps we won''t hear of anyone till next tue or wed  at the earliest. 

[quote user="pete_norw"]Its a bit of a poser this but I too think PL has got the playoffs in mind, yes we could get someone in and make auto promotion, but if we didn''t we would be saying goodby to the player who would have  been an asset I v''e been saying this for a while now and perhaps we won''t hear of anyone till next tue or wed  at the earliest. [/quote]

It does make perfect sense. Wouldn''t expect anyone in before then... But... Do we know for sure that PL wants to bring another striker in? And do we have any sort of update on Chrissy, i''d of thought we''d have been told by now how severe his hamstring injury is and how many weeks we can expect him to be out for roughly.

[quote user="bloodwagon"]Lets face it, who ever PL has his eyes on, it will not be one that anyone''s said.
You all know PL does things that''s against the norm, someone not on the radar.

Me, i`m just going to wait and see just who PL is going to bring in to see us promoted.
[/quote]

<cough> Edwards <cough>

[quote user="Alex"]

[quote user="pete_norw"]Its a bit of a poser this but I too think PL has got the playoffs in mind, yes we could get someone in and make auto promotion, but if we didn''t we would be saying goodby to the player who would have  been an asset I v''e been saying this for a while now and perhaps we won''t hear of anyone till next tue or wed  at the earliest. [/quote]

It does make perfect sense. Wouldn''t expect anyone in before then... But... Do we know for sure that PL wants to bring another striker in? And do we have any sort of update on Chrissy, i''d of thought we''d have been told by now how severe his hamstring injury is and how many weeks we can expect him to be out for roughly.

[/quote]

I am not at all confident of making the play-offs, the way we are performing at the moment allied to the upward mobility of teams around us. I do agree with the worry expressed that perhaps Lambert isn''t even considering the need for another "striker".

lambert said he was doing what he can to bring in another striker...chill out people we will reach the play-offs and might even win it(i think leeds will slip out)

What makes you think only one team will slip out ? i give Leicester ,Hull and Burnley very good chances of making the top 6 , those three sides are playing as well as anybody right now.

Throwing 2 points away against Doncaster was nothing short of criminal .

Craig Mackail-Smith Peterborough 17 5 22

Will Hoskins Bristol Rovers 15 3 18

Bradley Wright-Phillips Charlton 17 0 17

Charlie Austin Swindon Town 12 5 17

Glenn Murray Brighton 16 0 16

Jordan Rhodes Huddersfield 10 6 16

Gary Madine Sheffield Wed 11 5 16

Johnnie Jackson Charlton 13 2 15

Gary Jones Rochdale 13 2 15

Ryan Harley Exeter City 9 5 14

Alex Revell Leyton Orient 11 3 14

Aaron Mclean Peterborough 10 4 14

Neil Mellor Sheffield Wed 7 7 14

Richard Lambert Southampton 14 0 14

Anthony Pilkington Huddersfield 9 4 13

Marc Pugh Bournemouth 11 1 12

Josh McQuoid Bournemouth 9 3 12

Ashley Barnes Brighton 10 2 12

David Mooney Colchester 7 5 12

Jamie Cureton Exeter City 9 3 12

Would Southampton loan him out ? probably not and going into league 1 would be a gamble , Jackson was one of the very best at that level and Martin bagged plenty last season .

So has anybody heard anymore about this Pacheco mentioned in the opening post , or is that just more made up nonsense.