Sign in to follow this  
super dave

new striker

I heard tonight from a contact in the club that Pacheco from Liverpool will be arriving in the next couple of days. Expect his signing to be announced at the Friday press conference

IF true he would be a great addition. Seen him a few times, defintely one for the future and has a good finish on him.

This would be an outstanding signing, although forgive me if I take any rumours with a pinch of salt. Surely anyone party to that information a couple of days in advance would be senior enough in the club to know better than to go blabbing it to fans? Seriously hope you''re right, though!

WE ARE IN DIRE NEED OF A STRIKER, WE CANT ALWAYS RELY ON HOLT, AND FOR ONE HORRIBLE MOMENT IN THE FIRST HALF I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO LOSE HIM.I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I TYPED THIS WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON?

Not believing this until he is spotted at every supermarket or garage forecourt within a 5 mile radius of Carra or somebody claims to''ve seen number plate something like P4ch3d4 in the club car park.

It''ll be definate then.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]WE ARE IN DIRE NEED OF A STRIKER, WE CANT ALWAYS RELY ON HOLT, AND FOR ONE HORRIBLE MOMENT IN THE FIRST HALF I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO LOSE HIM.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I TYPED THIS WITH THE CAPS LOCK ON?
[/quote]

He was limping really badly and i think we all had a quick prayer,we are so desperate for another on form forward,i think we missed our chance though,the January window was perfect for a move for a good finisher,not sure there are any good forwards about who are available for loan,maybe PL will get us another gem from Arsenal.

I must be the only person who wouldn''t be that happy if it was him we signed. We don''t need players for the future, or players who have shown a lot of promise in Liverpool reserves, we need a striker who will score. This kid has played 5 times in his career, and never scored. I''d much rather Lambert try to bring in an experienced striker who can help fire us to promotion, signing somebody because he''s decent for his clubs reserves/Spain u''19''s when we need instant goals, isn''t the answer. I remember getting a player from Portsmouth reserves who was good in the reserve league, but was hopeless when put in our first team, Omar Koroma. Yes you can sign unproven gems i.e. Ched when we got him, but there is a high risk

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]So who realistically can we get Ryan?[/quote]Nathan Delfouneso. Quick, direct, powerful, and behind Heskey, Carew, Bent and Agbonlahor in the pecking order... just a thought.

I dont know, thats not my job. All im saying is why just sign somebody for the sake of it? we have £3 million available, so can spend a bit on wages. We signed Wilbraham, who cant score, and now we are apparantly looking at somebody else who has never scored. There are proven goalscorers around available, They just need finding. I love what PL has done here, but his striker purchases hardly breeds confidence (Jackson, Johnson, Wilbraham, Elliot)

[quote user="ryan1992"]I must be the only person who wouldn''t be that happy if it was him we signed. We don''t need players for the future, or players who have shown a lot of promise in Liverpool reserves, we need a striker who will score. This kid has played 5 times in his career, and never scored. I''d much rather Lambert try to bring in an experienced striker who can help fire us to promotion, signing somebody because he''s decent for his clubs reserves/Spain u''19''s when we need instant goals, isn''t the answer. I remember getting a player from Portsmouth reserves who was good in the reserve league, but was hopeless when put in our first team, Omar Koroma. Yes you can sign unproven gems i.e. Ched when we got him, but there is a high risk[/quote]I trust Lambert to spot potential. Lansbury was playing well for Arsenal reserves, but now he''s creating and scoring goals for us from midfield. A striker of that ability, no matter how young or unproven, could really make an impact at this level. Totally different scenario from Roeder''s assortment of misfits.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]So who realistically can we get Ryan?[/quote]
Nathan Delfouneso. Quick, direct, powerful, and behind Heskey, Carew, Bent and Agbonlahor in the pecking order... just a thought.
[/quote]

Not a very good thought, considering Carews at Stoke.

Id have Kevin Phillips, scores for fun in this division

Or if I was taking a gamble, Guedetti from City, did quite well at Burnley.

[quote user="ryan1992"]I dont know, thats not my job. All im saying is why just sign somebody for the sake of it? we have £3 million available, so can spend a bit on wages. We signed Wilbraham, who cant score, and now we are apparantly looking at somebody else who has never scored. There are proven goalscorers around available, They just need finding. I love what PL has done here, but his striker purchases hardly breeds confidence (Jackson, Johnson, Wilbraham, Elliot)[/quote]

Very true, it''s not your job. However, it is very easy to put other peoples suggestions down and not putting forwards your own. For me, there aren''t ''proven goalscorers around available'' so I''d look at promising youth such as Borini, or give Jackson a proper run of games where he isn''t taken off after 60 minutes.

On a side note, I felt Elliot did exactly what we needed last season. And I thought it was £2mil?

I would say Ivan Klasnic, as he''s behind Davies, Elmander and Sturridge at Bolton, but i guess his wages would be big. What about Simon Cox at WBA? Aren''t Delia and Hodgson friends?

Legend Iwan, Can''t you see that we are in desperate need of a striker who can finish off any half chances created? We don''t have the time to get in a youngster who has hardly ever played a game, get them used to Championship football, and prey they can do it at Championship level, like they can at reserve level. We needed a goalscorer and signed Wilbraham, after Lamberts previously signed striker, Jackson, has struggled to make any impact at all in the games he has appeared in. Somebody said about him spotting Lansbury''s potential, I would think the Watford and Scunthorpe management would have something to say about that. I''d much rather a Kevin Phillips style signing, but IF we sign Pacheco, and he proves me wrong, I''d be very glad to hold my hands up and say I was wrong!

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="ryan1992"]I dont know, thats not my job. All im saying is why just sign somebody for the sake of it? we have £3 million available, so can spend a bit on wages. We signed Wilbraham, who cant score, and now we are apparantly looking at somebody else who has never scored. There are proven goalscorers around available, They just need finding. I love what PL has done here, but his striker purchases hardly breeds confidence (Jackson, Johnson, Wilbraham, Elliot)[/quote]

Very true, it''s not your job. However, it is very easy to put other peoples suggestions down and not putting forwards your own. For me, there aren''t ''proven goalscorers around available'' so I''d look at promising youth such as Borini, or give Jackson a proper run of games where he isn''t taken off after 60 minutes.

On a side note, I felt Elliot did exactly what we needed last season. And I thought it was £2mil?

[/quote]

I''d be up for giving youth a chance if we had more time, but with just 15 games remaining, we dont have the time, we need them to make an instant impact

[quote user="ryan1992"]Legend Iwan, Can''t you see that we are in desperate need of a striker who can finish off any half chances created? ![/quote] Well that''s news to me [:O]

But if there isn''t these players you speak of available - which I believe there isn''t, even Simon Cox doesn''t fill your requirements and al the people saying Kevin Phillips need to realise he is still a part of Birmingham''s plans -  then we need to look elsewhere, one player if we wanted to go long-term would be Templeton from Scotland for instance.

And how do you know there isn''t any available? Do you keep in touch with all managers, and so find out who can be loaned out or not? Lets see who Lambert gets, as I think he will know of a lot more players available that I and even you will know of.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]So who realistically can we get Ryan?[/quote]Nathan Delfouneso. Quick, direct, powerful, and behind Heskey, Carew, Bent and Agbonlahor in the pecking order... just a thought.[/quote]

Not a very good thought, considering Carews at Stoke.

Id have Kevin Phillips, scores for fun in this division

Or if I was taking a gamble, Guedetti from City, did quite well at Burnley.

[/quote]This is what happens when you think off the top of your head... forgot Carew went to Stoke! I''m sure he''ll fit in nicely there. If Delfouneso became available, though, I still think he''d be exactly the kind of player we need.Guidetti is a decent shout.

[quote user="ryan1992"]And how do you know there isn''t any available? Do you keep in touch with all managers, and so find out who can be loaned out or not? Lets see who Lambert gets, as I think he will know of a lot more players available that I and even you will know of.[/quote]

And how do you know there is? I have at least shown why the idea of Kevin Phillips is almost impossible, yet you simply criticise.

[quote user="ryan1992"]And how do you know there isn''t any available? Do you keep in touch with all managers, and so find out who can be loaned out or not? Lets see who Lambert gets, as I think he will know of a lot more players available that I and even you will know of.[/quote]

And how do you know there is? I have at least shown why the idea of Kevin Phillips is almost impossible, yet you simply criticise.

[/quote]

Garbage

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6667880,00.html

Phillips is behind Zigic, Martins, Jerome, McFadden and Derbyshire

[/quote]

I''m not ''simply criticising''. All Im saying is Lambert knows more than you and I do. Did you know Crouch was available when we signed him? Yakubu went to Leicester, did you know of his availability? How about lupoli, did you know we were able to get him? No, because you are not dealing with managers day in, day out like Lambert is. Why should we sign the first player that has been mentioned? We don''t want a repeat of the Roeder days where we keep signing loan players because the previous loans have been failures. We have £2/3million available, so should be able to afford more than a 20 year old who has only ever played 5 games in his whole career. If he was that great, why has no other sides ever taken him on loan before? To really start your career at 20 is quite late, and there must be reasons why he hasn''t ever had the chance anywhere yet

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

Garbage

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6667880,00.html

Phillips is behind Zigic, Martins, Jerome, McFadden and Derbyshire

[/quote]]Oh dear!

That story is from the 17th of January since then Birmingham have played seven matches. Phillips has started 1, used sub in 3 matches including Man City and unused sub in 3. Hardly a player who isn''t being used.

Started 1 game? Wow, obviously a new lease of life.

Phillips obviously wants some football before his career ends, he doesnt want to be a Birmingham.

We all know footballers ''usually'' get their own way!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Started 1 game? Wow, obviously a new lease of life.

Phillips obviously wants some football before his career ends, he doesnt want to be a Birmingham.

We all know footballers ''usually'' get their own way!

[/quote]

Most of the time, however, Phillips had chances to leave over January and decided to stay. In my opinion he won''t be coming here. Obviously wait and see.

1. How do you know he had a chance to leave in January?

2. Thats unfair, it was a suggestion by myself, im not in anyway suggesting NCFC have had contact with Birmingham City.

I suggested a player, you knocked it, I showed you evidence that he wants to leave!

Its not my opinion that Kevin Phillips will play for NCFC, but he is a player I would like to see here!