Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We will sign NO STRIKER on loan!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Sounds like we''re trying to get one [:)][/quote]

I''m still right CA, rumours and Archant hype won''t rattle the old wiz gal.[;)]

[/quote]

Rumours? You seem to confuse rumours for fact quite frequently;

"I didn''t want him going out on loan," Coyle told the Bolton News. "I made him aware that numerous clubs had asked about him and the biggest one was Norwich."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11672_6787140,00.html

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="First Wizard"]

I''m still right CA, rumours and Archant hype won''t rattle the old wiz gal.[;)]

[/quote]

"I didn''t want him going out on loan," Coyle told the Bolton News. "I made him aware that numerous clubs had asked about him and the biggest one was Norwich."

[/quote]

And you confuse the fact that I actually care what you think, you''re a non entity, be gone.

Wiz, you remind me of the Iraqi spokesman who stood on top of the building in Iraq during the invasion and told the TV cameras that no Allied tanks were in the city and would never breach the city.....just as Allied tanks rolled up and down the neighbouring streets. The press pointed to the tanks and he pretended they weren''t there and repeated that there would never be any inside the Baghdad city walls. They nicknamed him Comical Ali - remember?

You are him in NCFC terms. You have made a sweeping statement from nothing but gut instinct. I applaud that on a forum. That level of controversy promotes debate. You are then proven incorrect with cold hard fact and.....you choose to ignore that fact and insult the person who has given you the evidence. Genius.

[quote user="Muddy funster"]Wiz, you remind me of the Iraqi spokesman who stood on top of the building in Iraq during the invasion and told the TV cameras that no Allied tanks were in the city and would never breach the city.....just as Allied tanks rolled up and down the neighbouring streets. The press pointed to the tanks and he pretended they weren''t there and repeated that there would never be any inside the Baghdad city walls. They nicknamed him Comical Ali - remember? You are him in NCFC terms. You have made a sweeping statement from nothing but gut instinct. I applaud that on a forum. That level of controversy promotes debate. You are then proven incorrect with cold hard fact and.....you choose to ignore that fact and insult the person who has given you the evidence. Genius.[/quote]

I try Muddy, I try.[;)]

Technically, as of this moment, wiz''s prediction stands as correct.

We have not signed a striker on loan, nit picking maybe, but until we do sign a striker wiz has at last scored a hit

Perhaps with such ruthless accuracy he could play up front for us

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And you confuse the fact that I actually care what you think, you''re a non entity, be gone.

[/quote]

May your colostomy bag burst and rust your wheels.

We don''t need another striker

that formation against barnsley is probably the best we''ve got.

we have defenders scoring (r martin), midfielders scoring (Crofts, Hoolahan) and if holt scores in almost every game from now which he always looks like scoring a goal every game. So with that we''ve got 59 points sitting pretty in the league with what we''ve had from day one.

Look at all the strike force cardiff have got and only 2 points behind them, when possibly we should be ahead of them?

so I ask you why do we need striker? one to wreck the formation we''ve got. no thanks

who would we get anyway for twelve games left? he''d only probably score 2 or 3 anyway not enough

Ok then Alertz, if we don''t need a striker, then what will happen if Holt get an injury/suspension? Wilbraham can''t score, Martin can''t score and injured, Jackson can''t score and that''s all we have. Holt is great, but going for promotion to the Premiership with Jackson, Wilbraham or Martin to partner Holt is quite frankly laughable!

[quote user="City1st"]Technically, as of this moment, wiz''s prediction stands as correct. We have not signed a striker on loan, nit picking maybe, but until we do sign a striker wiz has at last scored a hit Perhaps with such ruthless accuracy he could play up front for us[/quote]

Haha! Very good City1st

It seems pretty obvious now what Wiz''s strategy has been for many years on this forum - he makes some outrageously negative statement that if proven right gets him some sort of forum brownie points and if proved wrong, nobody cares because everybody is happy and Wiz is happy to be proved wrong. Its a win win for him. Still daft though - a bit like betting on Norwich''s opponents to win each week.

[quote user="ryan1992"]Ok then Alertz, if we don''t need a striker, then what will happen if Holt get an injury/suspension? Wilbraham can''t score, Martin can''t score and injured, Jackson can''t score and that''s all we have. Holt is great, but going for promotion to the Premiership with Jackson, Wilbraham or Martin to partner Holt is quite frankly laughable![/quote]

We have been doing it all season with them

Wilbraham will score eventually don''t know when but he will.

As for grant holt getting injured this season, I don''t even want to think about it. If he does its pretty much over.

Who would you get in to replace him then?

I''d like to see someone like shane long from reading

proper striker who would score goals straightaway

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]It seems pretty obvious now what Wiz''s strategy has been for many years on this forum - he makes some outrageously negative statement that if proven right gets him some sort of forum brownie points and if proved wrong, nobody cares because everybody is happy and Wiz is happy to be proved wrong. Its a win win for him. Still daft though - a bit like betting on Norwich''s opponents to win each week.[/quote]

You show promise young Padawan.[Y]

[quote user="City1st"]Technically, as of this moment, wiz''s prediction stands as correct. We have not signed a striker on loan, nit picking maybe, but until we do sign a striker wiz has at last scored a hit Perhaps with such ruthless accuracy he could play up front for us[/quote]

Hmm? not sure how to take that City1st.

Yes, I''d be wheeli good up front, we all know that, but I expected bigger insults from you, odd.

I have no doubts about wiz''s abilities to find the back of the net ....

,,,,,,,, it''s just Carrow Road he might need directions for !

Having had a look at some of the preimership squads, i just couldnt see that many strikers who i thought would improve our side and actually come here. teams like sunderland only have three strikers themselves. I guess thats why we had to look at the likes of Blake, i was actually surprised by the amount of sides who didnt seem to have good players out of favour in reserve, i guess maybe the financial side is hitting clubs too and they arnt holding as big squads as they did when we signed Hucks and Crouch.

Maybe Lambert will pull a rabbit out of the hat, but the odds must be stacked against him, going with what we''ve got is''nt a disaster imo. I really cant see anyone in our division loaning us a decent striker either, unless they are in big money trouble.

[quote user="City1st"]I have no doubts about wiz''s abilities to find the back of the net .... ,,,,,,,, it''s just Carrow Road he might need directions for ![/quote]

Yep, own goals a specialty![;)]

Better insult C1st.[Y]

"I''m still right CA, rumours and Archant hype won''t rattle the old wiz gal"

Was there ever such a time when no comment is needed

Some people seem more pleased that Wiz was wrong than that we''ve signed two potentially promising players when most of us thought one would be a stretch. [:|]

[quote user="City1st"]"Was there ever such a time when no comment is needed[/quote]

You couldn''t wait to find this thread could you , waste of time though as Wizard like many others doesnt post on here anymore.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="City1st"]"Was there ever such a time when no comment is needed[/quote]

You couldn''t wait to find this thread could you , waste of time though as Wizard like many others doesnt post on here anymore.

[/quote]Coming from the self appointed forum police, I find that a little ironic.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Traffic and users both up, by a lot. That is all.

CA- Good it means we don''t get awful attention seeking threads such as this one! If you don''t like the fact others don''t post here anymore, i;m sure you know where the close button is

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Traffic and users both up, by a lot. That is all.
[/quote]

Team doing well = more people interested = more users and traffic

... I don''t think it is really anything to do with wizard and others posting or not.

"You couldn''t wait to find this thread could you "

err yes, it was quite a while after the announcement

However perhaps you could remind us all who put up the claim about NO STRIKER on loan ? Or tell us why certain posters should be immune from response. There was nothing nasty or malicious in my reply, in fact I''m sure almost everyone else took it in the light hearted fashion it was intended.

wiz sets him self up for a fall and I''m sure much of this is all part of his ''forum personna'' . Perhaps your getting upset on his behalf is part of yours, who knows.

What I do know is that we look to have signed two forwards with Premier Laegue experience which is great news for us and two fingers up to those who (in their personna I suppose) have been cluttering up this forum with their dire warnings and snide comments about the club and those that run it.

ps I also know that part of wiz''s behaviour is that he regularly goes off in some self justified, self imposed exile and will return when he has got bored with playing elsewhere

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

No mythical source, just a gut feelings after reading PL''s views on Wilby in todays EDP.

Personaly, if we can''t, or won''t, get anyone in, its a damn shame Cody Mac can''t be recalled sooner imho. 

[/quote]I think you might be right, barring an emergency loan to cover injuries.  But we are the 4th highest scorers in the league so perhaps the need isn''t as great as people think.[/quote][y]

[quote user="Big Slob"]CA- Good it means we don''t get awful attention seeking threads such as this one! If you don''t like the fact others don''t post here anymore, i;m sure you know where the close button is[/quote]Never a post more true. Well said slob. [y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

No mythical source, just a gut feelings after reading PL''s views on Wilby in todays EDP.

Personaly, if we can''t, or won''t, get anyone in, its a damn shame Cody Mac can''t be recalled sooner imho. 

[/quote]Oh ye of little faith..... we will sign no striker on loan????   and PL signs 2.   I had to laugh.  A Lot.....