Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We will sign NO STRIKER on loan!

No mythical source, just a gut feelings after reading PL''s views on Wilby in todays EDP.

Personaly, if we can''t, or won''t, get anyone in, its a damn shame Cody Mac can''t be recalled sooner imho. 

My god you are an attention seeking old ****. Your gut feelings are about as worthwhile as a chocolate teapot as are your "opinions".

There is nothing in that interview that even remotely points to not getting anyone in!

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

My god you are an attention seeking old ***. Your gut feelings are about as worthwhile as a chocolate teapot as are your "opinions".

There is nothing in that interview that even remotely points to not getting anyone in!

[/quote]

[S][S]

Your obvious inability to read inbetween lines is, not my fault.[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

My god you are an attention seeking old ***. Your gut feelings are about as worthwhile as a chocolate teapot as are your "opinions".

[/quote]

[S][S]

[/quote]

Shall we go through your history of reading between the lines? I am not sure it puts you in any sort of position make assumptions!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

No mythical source, just a gut feelings after reading PL''s views on Wilby in todays EDP.

Personaly, if we can''t, or won''t, get anyone in, its a damn shame Cody Mac can''t be recalled sooner imho. 

[/quote]The old Wheelie- bin has been fully refurbished and MOT''d at Colney service station and may be trundling into goal action this afternoon.

Well i guess that''s another positive in his favour since he''s obviously old enough to be tax exempt.Still reckon he''d perform better with a go faster stripe though.......

They''re certainly worrying comments from Lambert, we''re havng a laugh if we think we can get promoted with a £100k striker from League One!!.

Wilbraham is increasingly looking like our ''Dean Coney'' singing of the modern era........we needed a proven striker for the final push and failed.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[/quote]

[S][S]

[/quote]

Shall we go through your history of reading between the lines? I am not sure it puts you in any sort of position make assumptions!

[/quote]

And you haven''t been here long enough to know my full history fella, even a lot of old posts have got lost during this website''s make over. 

We won''t finish in the top 6 without a new striker. Our inability to finish teams off will cost us vital points. That said What a great position to be in after the last 5 seasons, worrying about will we or will we not make the top 6.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]I think you might be right, barring an emergency loan to cover injuries.  But we are the 4th highest scorers in the league so perhaps the need isn''t as great as people think.

I pay more attention to actions rather than words. Whatever Lambert has said about his strike force in particular, his actions ("I am never off the phone talking to different managers all over the place trying to do it [bring in new players] but it’s difficult, really, really difficult to bring in ones that you think are going to benefit here because nobody wants to let their better ones out.") tell a different story.

I think that you are probably right, - we shall not sign another striker this season.

We could pay the earth for someone good, but how many chances would fall to him? He might score one per match, if lucky and he is not marked out. More likely he would score, say, six in our remaining matches. This would make a difference, but how much? How many games would he take to adapt to our style, or get up to fitness if he has not been playing regularly?

I think that there are three reasons why we shall not sign anyone:

a) (the main one) PL has admitted that he spends a lot of time on the phone, but it is difficult. I suspect the difficulty comes from two things - his unmwilllingness to waste money on second rate or inadequate and the reluctance of other managers to let anyone useful go. Older loan players tend to be less committed, while the younger ones tend to be enthusiastic but inexperienced.

b) our second highest scorer is Hooly, closely followed by Crooks and then Lansbury.The three midfielders together have scored more than Holt. We have potential scorers in Surman and Fox, and Martin R. has weighed in with four. I think that PL may figure that even if Martin C. doesn''t return soon, either Jackson or Wilbraham, or even Daley could pick up one or two.

There is a risk in leaning heavily on Holt, who regularly misses chances, but PL thinks, as do we all, that we are always good for at least one goal against any opposition.

c) We have two central defenders who are playing well, and a very good replacement in Edwards. We are still letting in the odd freakish goal, but with Ruddy in form as well, it is unlikely that we shall concede many in any game.

Of course, if Holt were injured or suspended (- how many yellow cards is he on?) it could be serious. But the loan striker could also be injured, especially if he tries too much too quickly.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

I pay more attention to actions rather than words. Whatever Lambert has said about his strike force in particular, his actions ("I am never off the phone talking to different managers all over the place trying to do it [bring in new players] but it’s difficult, really, really difficult to bring in ones that you think are going to benefit here because nobody wants to let their better ones out.") tell a different story.

[/quote]How dare you contradict Wiz''s pronouncements with relevant facts! How very dare you!

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

How dare you contradict Wiz''s pronouncements with relevant facts! How very dare you!

[/quote]

Ron, I''m a recidivist as far as that is concerned! But if anyone doubted that Lambert WANTS to get in another striker (whether he WILL is another matter) you only have to look at his latest ACTION. No matter what he SAID about Wilbraham, his ACTION has been to drop him. And to keep Jackson on the bench as well.

And in true Lambo style he drops Wilbraham from the starting line-up and up steps the mighty Mr Crofts to the mark......hahah....In PL We Trust!

Our best hope of seeing Cody in a City shirt this season will be in the play-offs, assuming that Gillingham do not finish either fourth, fifth, sixth or seventh League 2.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="alysha canary girl"]What day is it this week when any emergency loan player will be available for the play off final?[/quote]

Tomorrow!

[/quote]

Thanks

In Paul Lambert I trust, whatever he feels is right for the club and team is the right decision for me.

[quote user="cityangel"]Sounds like we''re trying to get one [:)][/quote]

I''m still right CA, rumours and Archant hype won''t rattle the old wiz gal.[;)]

[quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]god i hope not, he was brilliant a few years back but he''s 37 now, he''s past it now.[/quote]

Like Dion Dublin presumably