Sign in to follow this  
Brum Uni Canary

To all who left before the end...

You absolute idiots! Call yourselves supporters? You missed the comeback of the season in the whole league! Ok..so I was just writing us off on another post, but this is exactly what we need to give the players a lift. I just cannot believe people would be walking off the terrace with more than 10 minutes left.

All I can say is that those people should consider their support, becuase a match is for 90 minutes and a true fan would follow for every single one of those minutes...

true fan....TRUE FAN???? you were writing us off 30 minutes ago, whats the difference.  Slightly hypocrtitical i think

A True Fan Supports their team through thick and thin.  relegation doesn''t occur until the final whistle on the final day.  Even if we had lost we would have only been 5 points from safety.  This season is FAR from over

[quote]true fan....TRUE FAN???? you were writing us off 30 minutes ago, whats the difference. Slightly hypocrtitical i think A True Fan Supports their team through thick and thin. relegation doesn''t oc...[/quote]

I think if you look at my posts that I didn''t specifically give negative comments about todays match, but more a general view on defending and the rest of the season and I believe that we will end up in a very close race for 18th but likely to go down.

5 points from safety is still quite a lot, especially when you look at the run-in fixtures for all struggling teams!

I couldn''t believe the amount of people leaving the stadium.  When the fourth goal went in it was like a kick in the teeth, but its not over until the final whistle, as those remaining fans found out today !!

Now lets just say we all had the same attitude as those who left the ground, it would been empty with no atmoshere the players heads would dropped and there would have been no comeback end of story thank god for us loyal and never say die fans who stick it to the end its our just rewards for our total dedication to the boys in yellow and green.

Sorry I left the ground early,like all of you loyal supporters I am not in a position to watch the last 5 min''s. You see as I have to catch a train back to Sheffield. Travelling this far at weekends and missing the end of the match is a shame as it doesn''t make me a loyal fan.

those who left after four-one are a disgrace and should be ashamed of themselves. I hate it when people leave early and it''s not the first time this season that there has been an exodus before the final whistle. I have never left a game early and never will. Simple as. I must say, I think the majority of our supporters have been awful this season, and the crowd rarely support the players at home. Away the crowd is fantastic, but carrow road sound awfully quiet at times. What do you people expect? For about five minutes against Liverpool I could hear every word Steven Gerrard said, which is annoying enough in itself. I respect everyone, who stayed, but we do have some miserable gits at carrow road. I have heard murmours of "we need a manager with more experience, maybe it''s time to let Worthy go" this season. I''m sorry everyones eltitled to their opinion but that is just ridiculous.

Anyway I think justice was done today, and I will hapilly laugh in the face of anyone who left early.

Let''s all get behind our team. We should be extatic at 1-0 up against boro not anxious.

I can,t believe the attitude of some so called "season ticket supporters". Don''t you know how lucky you are being able to ge to every game. Compare that to the many "true supporters", like me, who for logistical reasons are unable to get to Carrow Road. I sit alone in my home office listening on the net with only Waller''s commentary, Adam''s summaries and the crowd noise as a guide to what''s going on and how the game is going. I don''t have the benefit of seeing anything as I stare at a computer screen, I''m not able to exchange thoughts with anyone else, I''m not able to celebrate or commiserate with fellow supporters.

But do I ever "switch off" ? Do I hell as like

If you are a real supporter you stick with it no matter what. It''s not a matter of choice, it''s a matter of duty 

Anyway, what was more important than continuing to support the team ?

Oh yes, I know. You thought you,d save a few minutes sitting in the car. You wanted to nip into to Tesco to buy a bag of sprouts. You thought you''d get home early and take the dog for a walk. You could have your tea 10 minutes early. There was something better you could be watching on the the telly instead.

Obviously you people have too much money - part of the prawn sandwich brigade. Happy to be associated with the club when they are doing well & it''s fashionable to be a Norwich supporter but quick to lose interest when the difficult times come.

Please do us all a favour and go back to what you were doing on a Saturday afternoon before you became a supporter. Give your season tickets away or if you can''t stand the thought of not getting your money back, put them on Ebay so that more deserving supporters can get a look in.

Pathetic

MP4N - I think you are spot on about exiled supporters there...I don''t get up from my chair until halfway through Canary Call, but I do have MSN to talk to others in the same position. Students especially don''t have the money to travel back to every game (I think it would be the best part of a grand for me for a whole season), and many people simply do not have the time to travel long distances. I commend those who are willing to sit in the car for X number of hours travelling to and fro'', but even those guys should stay to the end...5 minutes will not make much difference in the overall time of a journey!

I do get the feeling that a number of season ticket holders are of the prawn sandwich variety, which may be why the crowd go quiet for long periods of the game. It will be interesting to see next season how many people decide to renew their season ticket even if we are in the Championship.
As for me, I''ll just have to stick to the TPS scheme, loaned season tickets and the odd away game for my fix of live Norwich football... 

(P.S. I don''t think suggesting selling season tickets on eBay is a good idea!!)

This is an absolute joke. They are our season tickets and we payed for them so we can leave when we want to without being crucified by people who cant admit we are not good enough for this league and always try to ''KEEP THE FAITH''. For starters that line is an absolute joke. Who is going to ''KEEP THE FAITH'' when we are relegated with a few games to go. No-one. So be quiet all you people out there who are having a go at us season ticket holders that left early. When Norwich were defending like they were they didnt deserve anyone to be watching them playing.

If we had lost against Boro no-one would be having a go at people who left early its just that we came back to get a draw that people are having a go.

So be quiet!

I can see both points, but I was amazed at the amount of people who did leave when the 4th goal went in.  I stayed to support the team which is what I thought we were all there for.  No-one says its all going to be good for any Club, but the team do need our support.  It has been worse this season than I thought it would be but I won''t give up on them, ever. 

I just hope yesterday''s come back will give the team the confidence they have lacked all season and hopefully see a few more wins

Come on you Yellows

The EDP is looking for your help.

Were you one of the unlucky ones who decided to leave Carrow Road early on Saturday and missed the thrilling climax to what turned out to be one of the games of the season?

Or did you stay until the fantastic end and are still celebrating now? We are writing a story for Monday''s EDP and would love to hear your side of the story.

Email: edpnewsdesk@archant.co.uk or call 01603 772446.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing , I have a 400 mile round trip for all home games and get to a few away as well. The point is that it does not lessen our faith in the cause or my belief in our ability to win a mini league. However the amount of humble pie is to much to stomach , yes I left with 5 to go and spent the last 5 in the tunnel soaking up the atmosphere with the may others who did the same. I feel we have a right to be critical during a game , whatever the end outcome. Conceeding four goals at home does stir the emotion , I for one cannot remain passive with that kind of defence going on !!!!!!! 

Sorry guys i left early i stayed until the 87 min but the missus needed to use the toilet i am still kicking her this morning? i to have a 380 mile round trip every other weekend been doing it for the last 9 years

as i said in another post lets all get behind the team wherever we end up?

I find it strange that the people who actually did not go to the game are having a go at the people who left early.  I stayed till the end but i was close to leaving early.  If i left early would that make me unloyal??  No way. im fed up with people trying to be ''the best norwich supporter there is'' and trying to be the most loyal supporter.  Thats pathetic! who really cares???   

If people want to leave let them.  They paid their money and made the effort to go to the game so surely they can go whenever they want.  I have left early at games b4 and i imagine i will do again some time in the future.  But i will still going to the games wk in wk out at great financial cost.  I must b a bit mad spending all that money as i am apparently a ''unloyal supporter''.

I think the criticism has come about because so many people got up, at the same time, when the 4th goal went in.  Fans left all around the ground and it was so clear to see.  I felt for the players and Nigel Worthington when the fans went in their droves.  It was good though that those who were left got behind the team and lifted their spirits enough to score another 3 goals.

Come on you Yellows

I have only ever left a game early once - 20+ years ago when we lost 6-0 at Man City in the FA Cup after John Bond had just joined them as manager.

I have drummed it into my son that whatever happens you stay to the bitter end.

Saturday proved that point to him in spades - even if the lack of people in the row in front of me meant that my usually blocked celebrations weren''t and I fell forward 2 rows!!

BUT....

Fot the Baggie''s game I have no choice. I HAVE to be back in Shropshire for an 8.00 appointment: it''s work, I''m a freelance and it''s an important job. I can only achieve this if we are in our car (up near Sainsbury''s) and on the move at 5.00 sharp.

As I''m no Olympic uphill runner what do I do? It''s worrying me already!!