Sign in to follow this  
TheGoogler

McNamee, Super Chris and Jackson

Clearly three players playing without confidence. Such a shame as all three have the skills to pay the bills as they say, but it''s just not clicking for them.

McNamee needs to get that willingness back to take players on. For someone so quick and capable on the run, he barely breaks into a jog!

Martin needs to just score a goal! I think he has had a lot of pressure put on him by how he exploded into the team under Peter Grant and labels like "Best finisher". Everyone expects him to score whenever he gets the ball in the penalty box and I think that pressure weigh him down a bit. He''s only a young man.

As for Jackson; well, I just think we don''t play the sort of football that suits his game. He''s a player who needs very specific service. Balls over the drop or driven crosses that allow him to nip ahead of defenders. We don''t play that sort of football. Jackson is driven into channels as a result and ends up almost playing a wingers role. That''s not his game.

Anyone agree?

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Clearly three players playing without confidence. Such a shame as all three have the skills to pay the bills as they say, but it''s just not clicking for them.

McNamee needs to get that willingness back to take players on. For someone so quick and capable on the run, he barely breaks into a jog!

Martin needs to just score a goal! I think he has had a lot of pressure put on him by how he exploded into the team under Peter Grant and labels like "Best finisher". Everyone expects him to score whenever he gets the ball in the penalty box and I think that pressure weigh him down a bit. He''s only a young man.

As for Jackson; well, I just think we don''t play the sort of football that suits his game. He''s a player who needs very specific service. Balls over the drop or driven crosses that allow him to nip ahead of defenders. We don''t play that sort of football. Jackson is driven into channels as a result and ends up almost playing a wingers role. That''s not his game.

Anyone agree?[/quote]Yes, I agree with pretty much all of that. For me, Jackson is better to use away from home where the opposition will generally play a higher line and leave space to run in behind, or in the last half-hour when we''re winning, legs are tiring and the opposition are pushing forward. McNamee, however, seems equally ineffective in any match situation at the moment, I just can''t work out what''s gone wrong there. I''d imagine Lambert would''ve been looking to loan him out had he managed to sign Bennett.

Both quality strikers for me and when we have a midfield behind them which gives them the kind of service that they require, then I think that both Martin and Jackson will score plenty of goals at this level.  Not surprising that both are low on confidence at the moment, with the lack of time that they have spent on the pitch this season and some of the instant criticsim that they receive from our fanbase.Both of them will come good either for us or another team.  Both well capable of scoring lots of goals at this level.As for McNamee, he usually makes an impact when used as a sub and is probably viewed as an important member of the squad by Lambert.