Sign in to follow this  
newcastle uni canary

if games ended after 80 mins

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Have you just taken off the points we''ve gained through goals in the last 10mins?

If so, I take it you''ve done exactly the same for the other 23 sides otherwise the original statement is false.[/quote]yeah doh. so infact my statement should be if our games ended after 80 mins but everyone else played for the full 90. [:P]

I am not saying Newcastle Canary does but its interesting that many outsiders believe it is lucky that we get these late goals. It clearly isnt. We have done it with such regularity under Lambert and we definitely are a second half team. I dont know whether its superior fitness or our mentality where we never settle for a point but all credit to the team.

Didn''t mean to offend you as you make a very good point.

Last season we kept winning games late on and coming back in games after conceding but its just carried on this season at a higher level.

Credit not only goes to Lambert but the attitude and fitness of players, 2 years ago we''d fold but now the players just battle on with tenacity but also great skill.

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"]we would be 16th in the league. [/quote]Nice to see that our education system is producing such logical thinking.Thank goodness the fees are going up to prevent such naturally gifted dustmen wasting our tax money.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="newcastle uni canary"]we would be 16th in the league. [/quote]Nice to see that our education system is producing such logical thinking.Thank goodness the fees are going up to prevent such naturally gifted dustmen wasting our tax money.[/quote]yeah because this country doesn''t need surveyors does it. what a waste. oh by the way i''m averaging a first before you question my intelligence again.

[quote user="CT"]Stop your fecking moaning for Huck sake![/quote]

Yes, Huck played for our sins, don''t speak foul of his name you whingers!

Calculated for top 8 only, effect of 80+ minute goals:QPR: +5NOR: +13 SWA: +3FOR: +7CAR: +4LEE: +5WAT: -1 (2 wins thrown away)REA: +10That''s why you play every minute of the 90.

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="newcastle uni canary"]we would be 16th in the league. [/quote]Nice to see that our education system is producing such logical thinking.Thank goodness the fees are going up to prevent such naturally gifted dustmen wasting our tax money.[/quote]yeah because this country doesn''t need surveyors does it. what a waste. oh by the way i''m averaging a first before you question my intelligence again.

[/quote]Ahhh.... that''s what they''re calling McDonalds staff these days then?Good luck with it.  [;)]

[quote user="barclayendstand"]If games lasted 100 minutes would we be top?

Also if games lasted 80 minutes would people start leaving after 70?[/quote]

When we scored our winning goal last night I was very tempted to shout down the gangway stairs."sorry you can''t come back up to watch the celebrations" or similarI nearly did

I bet if you looked at the "last 10 minutes" statistics for two seasons ago, when we were on the way to relegation, they would show a net loss of points.It shows the difference that PL has made, and this ability to grab unlikely points at the last moment is one of the hallmarks of a great team - just look at Man Utd''s record of last-minute winners and equalisers.

You''d think the penny would drop with some fans 7 90th minute goals this season and several last season yet they still leave. I bet there are some people who''ve missed several late wins because of this attitude. Still I suppose they pay to go in so its up to them.

Its rather like reading a book and putting it on shelf instead of reading last chapter.

[quote user="barclayendstand"]If games lasted 100 minutes would we be top? Also if games lasted 80 minutes would people start leaving after 70?[/quote]

Not if you believe them. They reckon they are leaving early to get to work on time so if the games finsih 10 minutes earlier there is no need to !

[quote user="The Walking Man "]What is intersting is that we score 26% of our goals from the 80th minute onwards and the average time of our first goal is nearly at the 50 minute mark.[/quote]

It drives me mad the way we never ''hit the ground running'' When will we start scoring more often in the first 10 minutes ?

[quote user="swindoncanary"]

[quote user="The Walking Man "]What is intersting is that we score 26% of our goals from the 80th minute onwards and the average time of our first goal is nearly at the 50 minute mark.[/quote]

It drives me mad the way we never ''hit the ground running'' When will we start scoring more often in the first 10 minutes ?

[/quote]

And as if to prove your point, just 2.17% of our goals (1) have been scored in the first 10 minutes. Staggeringly, almost two thirds of our goals scored this season have come in the final third of matches.

And if Newcastle uni canary didn''t include all results from all his modules he''d only be averaging a 2:2

''I''m averaging a first and therefore intelligent'' is a stupid thing to say, I have a degree and am thick as two short planks!

Games don''t last 80 minutes, they last 90 minutes plus any injury time, so it doesn''t matter if you score in the first, 50th or 93rd, they all count if the game hasn''t ended!

[quote user="newcastle uni canary"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="newcastle uni canary"]we would be 16th in the league.
[/quote]

Nice to see that our education system is producing such logical thinking.

Thank goodness the fees are going up to prevent such naturally gifted dustmen wasting our tax money.
[/quote]

yeah because this country doesn''t need surveyors does it. what a waste. oh by the way i''m averaging a first before you question my intelligence again.

[/quote]

Ha ha for goodness sake Newcastle Uni you have a bit to learn if you are going to the take the bait so easily. Last time I was chatting to Cluck he had personally experienced the Irish Potato Famine. Stick with your studies my friend and don''t take issue with the Clinically harmless.  

Did you know that drunken drivers cause nearly 30% of serious car crashes ?

If we only allowed drunks to drive we could cut serious accidents by 70%

[quote user="Planet X"][quote user="barclayendstand"]If games lasted 100 minutes would we be top? Also if games lasted 80 minutes would people start leaving after 70?[/quote]

When we scored our winning goal last night I was very tempted to shout down the gangway stairs.

"sorry you can''t come back up to watch the celebrations" or similar

I nearly did
[/quote]

Hey I''m definately in the " I pay the money so I can leave when I want" camp and have in the past left early. But as you say anyone leaving early at the moment must be nuts. I was in the corporate area last night and the place was emptying when we scored the winner. Bonkers

Thank for your support GPB.Clearly you have learned well from your master..

Irrelevant stat cause when the last time that English football League 2nd tier games not played over 90 minutes?

Games are played for 90 minutes!

Its like saying if I won a million quid I''d be rich!!

Lambert would make his subs 10 mins earlier and we''d score around the 80th minute, so we''d be in the same position. [:D]