Sign in to follow this  
Tim Allman

The Sun Offer on Barnsley tickets

The Sun Offer –

You might have seen the post few days ago about the cheap tickets available via the Sun for the Barnsley vs NCFC game, the “deal” was a pair for £19.50.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/competitions/promotions/article2825850.ece

My dear old departed Dad (the man who ensured I was City supporter) used to tell me if an offer is too good to be true, then it normally is.

If you didn’t already know, there were 20 tickets available (10 pairs) for this great offer. As today was the first day you could have collected four Sun vouchers (Sat/Mon/Tues/Weds) it is more than probably that these tickets will have already gone.

It is highly likely that the only way you could have benefitted from this deal was to be at Carrow Road this morning in person with vouchers. Don’t wait or post your application as it will be too late.

So my advice is save you pennies and don’t buy the Sun.

Cheers

Tim

Sound advice Tim!  I was in the box office when they did the same for QPR.  Someone in front was moaning as they had collected the vouchers only to be told that there were only very few available to City fans.  Prob about the numbers you are quoting!

Hello Barclayendstand - It would be interesting to know how you got your tickets yesterday (Tuesday 1st Feb) as the offer specifically said that you needed four different days vouchers from the Sun and voucher no 4 was in today''s (Weds 2nd Feb) paper, as far as I know.

Care to tell us all?

As it''s connected to the Sun it''s a bit rich to expect a bit of accuracy.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Hello Barclayendstand - It would be interesting to know how you got your tickets yesterday (Tuesday 1st Feb) as the offer specifically said that you needed four different days vouchers from the Sun and voucher no 4 was in today''s (Weds 2nd Feb) paper, as far as I know.

Care to tell us all?

[/quote]You only need three tokens if you apply for tickets by printing out the online booking form. See here http://www.sunfootball.co.uk/

At the ticket office, there was confirmation from the ticket office staff this morning that some of these offer tickets went yesterday. She could not clarify how that had happened.The guy behind me was not at all pleased as it apparently stated in the advert that they were not available until 9am today.

I''ve said in this thread and the other one on the same subject that I got tickets yesterday and how to do it with three tokens.Now it''s been "confirmed". Did that mean you thought I was making it up?

No I didn''t dispute you barclayendstand. Was just stating what was said at the ticket office this morning.The people behind me were really not happy that they had read the small print which apparently stated the tickets were NOT available to be collected until 9am THIS morning.

Thanks Barclayendstand - I must have read the newspaper bit and missed the small print. Well done for getting some tickets.