Sign in to follow this  
Notts Canary

Championship bound!!!

Correct - not enough quality or experience - I am afraid its going to be a depressing 4 months - hope that with this experience and additional funds including parachute money we can re build and come up the next time a much stronger team - who have a realistic chance of staying in the Premier.  Good Night Vienna

I really do hope that we can build a decent team in the championship  but i am worried having seen how the relegated teams r doing this year, fingers crossed anyway! Lets just hope we dont embarrass ourselves in the last part of the seaosn because the effort has been 1st class.

Can''t disagree. Things went downhill from boxing day, and it''s got to the point now where if we only concede 2 it''s a good day. We''ll be lucky if we make 19th place at this rate. On current form, we''re by far the worst team in the premiership, and I don''t believe we''ll get another win before the season ends.

The only good thing about our team is the stikers; Worthy has been tactially terrible this season. When we go down, I''d like to see a new manager and some decent coaching staff for a start.

Wow! So you were all there experiencing this ''stupid attempt at survival'' were you - instead of posting on here??

Even if you can''t keep the faith, you could at least speak from first hand experience!

Support from the fans is as vital as last season and I won''t give up even ''IF AND WHEN'' it is impossible to stay up.

As the final 12 minutes of yesterdays game proved, ''IT''S NOT OVER TIL THE FAT LADY SINGS!!!!!''

Never write your team off until it''s mathmatically impossible to stay in this league you negative people.

I agree with everyone. Defensively we''re a disgrace. Worthingtons tactics are a disgrace. Worthy bought craply in the summer and if we had had Ashton since the summer who knows where we would be? This has been a feeble attempt at staying up.

Iain Dowie as the next manager!

[quote]I really do hope that we can build a decent team in the championship but i am worried having seen how the relegated teams r doing this year, fingers crossed anyway! Lets just hope we dont embarrass o...[/quote]

Noots County

we are much better than bingo leicester (old gits) money grabbing wolves (henri camara) and skint leeds (skint).We have ashton, hucks, francis, and mckenzie who are all top class players in the championship and i am sure jonson will succeed as well!!!

it is a shame everyone on here isn''t our manager, my god we would be winning the champions league every year, it is so easy to slag off worthy, i mean of course we could of kept hamilton, but then playing grimsby and crewe does get deppressing, just stop moaning all the time are you all 80 and over or something.

[quote]I agree with everyone. Defensively we''re a disgrace. Worthingtons tactics are a disgrace. Worthy bought craply in the summer and if we had had Ashton since the summer who knows where we would be? This...[/quote]

And you sir, are a clueless fool...

Stop all the hating. Generally league positions are decided by how you perform in relation to your nearest competitors. Failing to get a win for a certain number of games does not result in the fact that we are going down. If we can draw 4-4 with middlesborough even at the end of such a bad run, with the injuries we have as well, then when our team is fit again I''m certain we can start picking up wins against WBA, Palace, Southampton, and possibly even teams like fulham, portsmouth who are trying to pull away from us.

If we do that it will be enough. Remember that we aren''t looking to be mid-table - 17th position is a victory for us, and we are only a few points of the pace after suffereing a terrible run.

Keep the faith!

What a bunch of doom and gloom merchants you are . So you all thought when we won the 1st division title least season were were going to come up and win the premiership as well I don''t think so do you?

we have had a lot of injuries and a small squad what did you expect come on?

Lets get behind the team and stay till the end if we go back down we will come back up the next season i would sooner see Worthington build a decent squad over the next couple of seasons and there still be a club here to support than do a west brom 11million so far! and where are they or a Ipswich (sorry did''nt mean to swear)

there is 42 points to play for. its not where we are now its where we finish and i think we will finish above palace

That comeback yesterday will give the players a lot of confidence if you wanted an easy life as a supporter go and support chelsea manure or the arsenal if not get behind the boys in green and yellow wherever we end up

Rant over sorry if i have upset anyone

Tadley Yellow

I think that as long as we play 4-4-2 with Leon alongside ashton we''ll be fine.

What on earth were people expecting? It takes so much money to be competitive in the Premiership, we are a small club with huge debts who have managed to bring in a mixture of internationally experienced players (Helveg / Jonsson / Safri etc) with young talent (Bentley / Ashton etc). We don''t have the quality to compete on the same level as established Premiership teams and are struggling as expected.

If we get relegated, we will keep the vast majority of the team together for a new promotion push. I only see Green as a definate to go, Francis has to be on the likely list but apart from them, who will leave? The new signings are prepared to face the Championship if necessary (or else why sign for us?). Our current team is much stronger than last seasons, why don''t people believe we can return quickly? This will be the mark of how good Worthy is as a manager.

Of course it is tough to see us struggle each week, but knowing that the club is moving in the right direction is the main thing. We might not be the best team in the Premiership, but we sure as hell are one of the best clubs. I believe this passionately.

I don''t believe how any real Norwich City fan can see us as a disgrace right now. We are on a long term plan, and I believe within  2 or 3 seasons we will be properly competing in this league. Premiership survival this season is NOT paramount; long term survival, financial health and team improvement is.

Lets enjoy our time in the Premiership, trust the board and the manager, support the team like mad and see what happens...

[quote]And you sir, are a clueless fool...[/quote]

This is the same guy on another thread who is defending his decision to leave early! Funny but a lot of people who I saw leave at 80 minutes were the people who seemed to be moaning all game... Interesting little pattern emerging here isn''t there!

Yes sack Worthy and get Ian Dowie in! Brilliant, wish i''d thought of that one! *Shakes head in disbelief!

[quote]And you sir, are a clueless fool...[/quote]

I am a clueless fool am i , atchoo! sorry about that i am allergic to bulls**t.

any way i must go i have some more clueless things to do.

tit

Hmmm! The line "Ian Dowie for our next manager" just sums up what utter nonsense some people spout. Either a) he will take Palace down. By that reckoning, how is he better than Worhty? or b) he will keep them up. In which case, why would he leave to come to Norwich? Durrr.

Please explain who you''d have for next manager and why, i.e. why they are better than Worhty, why they would want to come here, and who you think they''d buy that Worthy won''t, in order to make us a mid-table Prem team. Please, go on....

FWIW, I would like to see Worthy stay 10 years, a la Curbishley. That way we have a chance of building and going from strength to strength. Remember, after Cardiff we finished 8th, and some people wanted shot. Look what he went on to achieve....

Midland canary,

I agree I think our club is in a much better position than those three but if u look around the league its full of teams that have come down from the top flight and are now struggling. As we know from our experience of last time it can be a slow process but hopefully if the worst does happen we can show great bouncebackability.

Would like to say great comeback yesterday but its still not enough and i stand by what i said at the start of the post - we r going down. Although that does not mean i will stop supporting the team because they do need r support - come on lads prove me wrong!!

For those who slate exiled fans for not being at games and not living in the area - there is life outside norfolk and believe it or not its not too bad!!! Really think norfolk has a Island complex!!! With said i will be returning after uni so i guess then i will be seen as a proper fan - open your minds peps!!!

[quote]Wow! So you were all there experiencing this ''stupid attempt at survival'' were you - instead of posting on here?? Even if you can''t keep the faith, you could at least speak from first hand experience...[/quote]

where did i say "i have no faith in NCFC"? i will support them til i die, i have an opinion though.

I was at villa til the end when we were down 3 goals. i cannot go to carrow road every week but if i could i would watch every minute of every match

[quote]I am a clueless fool am i , atchoo! sorry about that i am allergic to bulls**t. any way i must go i have some more clueless things to do. tit[/quote]

I think he was talking to Damo for England dude, not you

to say we were a disgrace i think is harsh if we were that much of a disgrace we should have gone off the pitch at 4-1 but as usual we gave them one hell of a shock in the last ten minutes,now call me what you like but that team performance at the end shows what the players thought the fans deserved and the people that have posted that we were a disgrace should hold their heads and look at what that comeback will give the team in the way of confidence.NOT CHAMPIONSHIP YET YOU MIGHT JUST GET A SURPRISE then we might see you eating your words.keep the faith its what we deserve faith and belief after all we are supposed to be a tight family club.i am not saying we do not need more new faces but i still believe we have a chance

I appreciate your comments ''Notts''. I happen to be the proverbial optimist and think that with one or two loan signings we can stay up.

What you must appreciate, however, that living in the area, it is much more difficult just to walk out of Carrow Road and think ''never mind- what a great finish''

For people such as the Bury gang it can be a complete nightmare. We have to look forward to Monday morning and an office full of Binners. These of course are the worst type ie the ones who rarely attend Portaloo and think Ip---- have loads of money and that Sheepshag--- is an accute financial wizard.

Mrs Bury Yellow, please pass me the whiskey bottle!!

This thread sums up every annoying about some Norwich fans - journeymen. Face it, all of us said at the start of the season didn''t have much chance, but now we''re actually facing that prospect you''re all moaning how Worthy didn''t make great signings (what, you expected Nistelrooy and Henry?!) and how his tactics have been rubbish (tell me, how have his tactics differed from all the other Premiership teams? He''s either played 4-4-2, or 4-5-1 and all Premiership teams have played either of these formations).

Let''s be honest, we''re not out of this yet. It''s so easy to criticise and all of you prove that fantastically. Support, don''t criticise!

It''s Worthy''s fault that 5 of our undisputed First Eleven (that''s NEARLY HALF for those posters who want Worthy replaced by Dowie, because they''re obviously not very bright) are injured?

And he''s to blame for bringing in total no-class clunkers like Charlton, Safri, Helveg, Bentley, Ashton, working to a very tight budget?

If those who think like that stayed right to the end of Saturday''s game, it was obviously only so that they could get the full 90 minutes of moaning in (plus injury time). They must have been gutted when Drury''s header went in. They should all have booed the manager after the game, so we could have seen how many think like that. Stand up and be counted guys - probably on the fingers of one hand.

LOYAL SUPPORTERS

We may well be championship bound, but if we are then we are. We all knew it was going to be tough, we''ve made some signings who should have been (and could still be) top notch on paper, its our first season back, the other two promoted clubs are struggling too, we know we can compete with the majority of the divison if we rule out stupid basic errors, we can''t expect to go straight in and stay comfortably up- the division and the game has moved on since ''95.

I''m still loving this season, I''ve been waiting too damn long not to. Yes I would be disappointed if we go down but I do believe that we are on a long term improvement path and we will be well prepared for next year. We have no right to stay up, and we may well still do so once Ashton clicks and injuries improve. But if we don''t, we''re not like Wolves fans- we will still stick by our team, our manager and our club and go in our hordes next year wherever that may be.

I agree (again) with you Tumbleweed.

Worthy does have his limitations but we knew that at the start. We knew he did not have the budget but actually the signings are better than those that have left the club and we are a much stronger team than last year. Worthys biggest weaknesses are that he favours certain players when better options exist, has an apparent blind spot to the defence and could be tactically stronger - but again that was known at the start of the year and he will learn from his errors as he has done before.

We do have significant gaps in the team, central midfield and the defence needing a leader being the key ones - but it is better than last year - we are just playing far superior teams who take chances that last year never materialised or were missed. However any realistic assessment showed that before the season started.

As expected we are sitting where we thought we would having moved the club forward since 12 months ago. Of course we would like to be winning but we aint and I for one am enjoying watching the class forward play by the likes of Downing and Hasselbaink.

I expected (and still do) to get relegated but will continue to give unreserved support on match days (first 10 mins, I was chanting, with the rest of you, ''Eddy Eddy'' as he raced head down after a lost cause ball only to find himself 70 yds out of position!) but will share my frustrations at the lack of ability and application (To be fair I have consistently said Flem & Eddy have played to their ability, its just not enough) during the weak as well as my own (to many of you) bizarre suggestions on how I think we can win the next game.

I am loving it and dont want it to stop even though it probably will pretty soon.

OTBC