Sign in to follow this  
birminghamcanary

Norwich Union sponsors!

Have norwich union ever sponsered norwich! just thinking they sponsor almost everything sport related world wide but not aware of them helping us in anyway!! maybe they could sponsor the new stand for a million or 2 or maybe 8!!!!

NU actually sponsor Ipswich Towns accademy set up so I believe.On the day they announced that they had ties with Ipswich, I moved my car,contents and buildings insurance out of NU as I understand many others did too..Strange that Norwich is their head office and yet they support them down the road with cash.Apparently NU staff had a presentatation and it came up there and NCFC fans were not too amused!

They''re too big a brand for a div 1 club. Wouldn''t make much difference to them us havin their names on our shirts/on the stand when they''ve already got their name everywhere at European and International games. Same goes for if we we''re in the prem i would have thought.

We should stick with Proton - the benefits for both of us could be absolutely huge if we are promoted. They get kudos and coverage locally and in the rest of Asia that they could only dream of by having their badge beamed back at them from the holy grail of football leagues!!
And for us, we get their money (they''re loaded) and exposure in the far east where people are beginning to tire of Beckham-less ManUre and are looking for other teams to support. What better than to be able to support a team in the mighty English Premiership that has their very own national car maker on their shirts!!! So long as we don''t get battered every week of course!! That could actually make them a bit of a laughing stock so maybe they''ll have to stump up some cash for squad strengthening!

way, way, back in time.(I remember it, so I must be old!) anyway- - -
our first promotion to the top flight, 1972. The day after 1-1 draw at Watford when we clinched the title. Norwich Union had a full page spread in most national newspapers which had a picture of Dave Stringer celebrating his goal and the caption "THE NORWICH WAY"
I don''t know if the club received any money for it in those days.

yeah, then they could move the club to India or somewhere, like their call centre, because it would be cheaper to run...shirts, pies, local players eh?
Malaysia possibly? ooer
stick us all on a couple of Easyjets from the airport, probably cheaper and quicker than going to Sunderland...

As the snow comes down outside, thoughts turn to the 2004 cricket season (?!) Just seven weeks to the first friendly, believe it or not.
What has this got to do with Norwich Union, or the great Aviva as they are now called, I hear you cry? Well, they apparently couldn''t even stump up the cash to pay for a few bags of top dressing for their own cricket team who play at Pinebanks. They told the club rep. that he would have to find the funds out of the club''s own budget, something they have never had to do before. Best perhaps that we forget harbouring any thoughts of them having any input into City''s coffers, unless they find a few bags of unused grass seed left over from the bowl''s club''s allocation for 2003!!!

Insurance Companies just do not sponsor football teams NU or Aviva, Legal & General, Prudential or any of them, they just do not have the money to fritter away with such frivolous activities, they are happy wasting their customers money on operational activities.

I am in the know here believe me.

Wait till Vodafone come calling or perhaps Orange. meanwhile stick with Proton a higher profile than most of our recent sponsors (Fosters apart).

Just to let you know guys that Norwich Union are match sponsors for the home game against Stoke City, have an advertising board at the ground and are sponsors for the NCFC community scheme ''Canaries for the Community''. That is they pay for the laptops taken to the N&N and James Paget so that NCFC fans in hospital can see the highlights of the latest City game plus all costs of the two summer projects. Last summer volunteer Norwich fans repainted the enclosure at Diss Town FC and also made a garden and seating area for a special school in Norwich. This summer there will be another two projects, one again helping a non league club and the other a local community need. Their sponsorship means that, with all the work done by volunteer fans, this scheme does not cost the club anything to run.