Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Norwich vs Burnley live match chat thread!!

I would be highly delighted to see Willers score a few and for Jackson to come good but I think we have to be realistic here.Willers will have an impact coming on when we need to go long so is probably worth the £80k but I''m afraid Jackson looks like being unable to justify his fee. 600k for a 3rd tier striker is a bargain when they show they can make the step up but I''ve yet to seeJackson show that he can.Its a shame because he has a bit of skill and speed but the better class of defenders in this league have shown up his limitations. I think we have seen enough now to say that he won''t be the player we all hoped he''d be.

[quote user="ricardo"]I would be highly delighted to see Willers score a few and for Jackson to come good but I think we have to be realistic here.Willers will have an impact coming on when we need to go long so is probably worth the £80k but I''m afraid Jackson looks like being unable to justify his fee. 600k for a 3rd tier striker is a bargain when they show they can make the step up but I''ve yet to seeJackson show that he can.Its a shame because he has a bit of skill and speed but the better class of defenders in this league have shown up his limitations. I think we have seen enough now to say that he won''t be the player we all hoped he''d be.[/quote]I''d hate to take up any more of your time in this particular debate Ricardo, for i see no finish line on the horizon. The matter is based on subjectivity, and i''d suggest we stand at polar opposites on this one.If you''re willing, i suspect this may have to down as another one of ''those'' encounters where we''d do better to agree to differ on perhaps?

OT - But Jesus, as some of the more prolific contributing posters on this forum, it comes as a surprise to see neither i or Ricardo are ''ranked'' anymore.The likes of Banana, and the rest of the main distributors of waste, have really gone to town on this forum.

[quote user="John"][quote user="ricardo"]I would be highly delighted to see Willers score a few and for Jackson to come good but I think we have to be realistic here.Willers will have an impact coming on when we need to go long so is probably worth the £80k but I''m afraid Jackson looks like being unable to justify his fee. 600k for a 3rd tier striker is a bargain when they show they can make the step up but I''ve yet to seeJackson show that he can.Its a shame because he has a bit of skill and speed but the better class of defenders in this league have shown up his limitations. I think we have seen enough now to say that he won''t be the player we all hoped he''d be.[/quote]I''d hate to take up any more of your time in this particular debate Ricardo, for i see no finish line on the horizon. The matter is based on subjectivity, and i''d suggest we stand at polar opposites on this one.If you''re willing, i suspect this may have to down as another one of ''those'' encounters where we''d do better to agree to differ on perhaps?[/quote]The proof of the pudding will be in the eating John.If Willers turns out to a hero or we sell on Jackson for £1 million plus, then you will be right and I will be wrong.