Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Play off places

Yet again our team have given everything unfortunately on this occasion it proved to be not quite enough, We have been spoilt this season with several fantastic games (scum, leeds, burnley home, qpr & cardiff) in which the spirit of the team has just about been enough to grind out positive results, this brings me to the point of this post, several sides around us seem to have a little more quality & in the final run-in this may prove the difference between a play-off place & maybe just missing out, I think that after several more twists & turns we are going to come up a little bit short, my prediction is qpr & forest, with cardiff, swansea, leicester & leeds in play off with ourselves watford & reading going close :-(  

I hope im wrong & of cause this could all change if we pick up a little bit more quality in the form of a good loanee. This not designed to be a negitive post, we should be proud of our achivements, unfortunately we maybe victims of our own remarkable achivements over the past 18 months which have encouraged us to believe we are destine for automatic promotion.

Please feel free to hammer me in about 4 months time, I be very happy to take it,

Proud to be a yella 

Your''e talking like its the end of the season, there is 15 games to play yet, 45 points up for grabs!!!

You didn''t read the OP very well, Im fully aware how many games we have to play, around the SAME amount as all the clubs around us & i will be at most of them hoping we can hang on to our lofty status, the point i made was that in these remaining fixtures we need to improve the form shown in our previous few games where points have been gained through a never say die attitude rather than pure quality. I accept that in many of these games we have dominated for periods, i just feel we need to improve the quality in the squad, Wilbraham will not do this, Lansbury maybe an exciting prospect, very good for short periods but is not the finished article & to expect him to carry the weight of our expectation is unfair.

Following the boards brave rallying call during the transfer window i think we must gamble maybe 500k each (200k loan fee & 20k per game) on a couple of quality loanees. We may regret it if not because this our BIG oppitunity, next season could be totally different, injurys, transfers, & momentum could all have a negitive factor, surely it would be better to regret having a go, than sitting here in May wondering WHAT IF      

Sadly, I think you may be right.

Yesterday the formation didn''t work, although it may have been imaginative - wing backs to get forward to provide crosses as we lack effectrive wingers. We seemed to have played better in the second half. Generally since Christmas we have not been at our best, although we achieved some very good results.

The problem as I see it is that we have too few outstanding players, and too many "lightweight" players. We lack real quality in several positions. (Given time I believe that PL will unearth some outstanding talent but at costs within our budget.)

Consequently we have to play out of our skins to achieve what other teams achieve almost without breaking sweat. At this time of the season, with heavy pitches, our players must find it exhausting.

We are ahead of the seven year plan, and I think that with further signings in the summer we shall become a more potent force.

So there is nothing wrong with hopes, and it would be great if we achieved consecutive promotions, but there must be a dose of realism as well . Our project has time to run yet, and our squad is not fully assembled.