Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Have you all missed the point ??

I dont often post but was at the game yesterday and amongst all these threads i dont think ive seen this mentioned once ( forgive me if im wrong ) i didnt post any earlier as because of being sat at the back of that dreadful stand i thought maybe i was wrong but no.

Simeon Jackson flattened near the edge of the box a definite foul but play continues and Marney scores, and on goal number two Holt goes shoulder to shoulder and out muscles their player fairly, free kick given and yes Wilbraham needs a boot up the arse, but if the ref had got it right in the first place that would not be the issue.

And thats what has really bugged me, im a zillion miles away from play and spotted both of these yet the idiots in black standing yards away see nothing, grrrrrrrrrrr.

And can i just say what a miserable depressing place Burnley is, rain, rain and more rain, i wouldnt live there if you give me a house there.

And yes i think thats rant over :)

lol

I think most people are with you mate.

I guess my only view is that this crap happens in matches and we need to be better than it. With confident strikers we would have won that match 3-2 yesterday, even with a useless ref.

Tim, Wouldn''t argue on the Jackson incident but we still should of defended better and "played to the whistle" the Holt one will be given more times than not as he put his arm across the Burnley player.

From all accounts a good performance so it''s just a case now of starting the next 14match unbeaten run/

Sorry to disagree on the Holt one, but they were shoulder to shoulder, as for the strikers its a fair point, chances taken and it could have been over by the Rodriguez goal and yes the defending was abysmal, and again playing to the whistle is a must.

But the way we tore into them for the first half n hr of the 2nd half was a joy to watch, had we got Bennett and a goalscorer i think we would win this division, as it is play offs at best, but lets be honest we would have taken that in August :)

Tim I''m with you on everything but the Holt incident. I lived 4 miles away from Burnley for 18 years or so and it''s grim! And always rains. But Holt had his arm across the body of Mears and held him back with it as he went shoulder to shoulder. It''s ALWAYS a foul and very rarely not given. If his arm was by his side it''s a shoulder to shoulder situation and no foul. Look at it again mate.

Second game in a row that the previous game was reversed in the same way it finished.Millwall score late equaliser originally; so we pip them with a late equaliser.Norwich score late equaliser originally; so Burnely finish in the last ten minutes to win the reverse.Happily, next week is Reading. Let''s hope Karma fecks them over too.

Tim, not sure what you were looking at re the Holt foul but Holt had his arm across his mans chest holding him back so it was a def foul

I thought Holt''s was a foul, but the type where they don''t always get given, but I thought the foul on Jackson could not be interpreted as anything but a foul

Ah, so we lost because of the ref!

Jesus give it a rest, apart from the spell from half time to scoring, we were crap

Nice to see you are as consistent as ever Mullins. Reading your posts fills me with joy.

Do you go to many games mate? I seem to recall you live fair way away from Norfolk.

Where ever you live really glad I don''t. Positive you aint!!

The funny thing with this season is that we have sort of reached a point like we did last season where we knew at some point our strikers would hit the target more often than not and hand out a good tonking to someone.

I know we beat Colchester by a nice margin but I think Exeter was just as important. After that we seemed to be re-ignighted. Maybe, just maybe we can absolutely steam roller someone soon, as we have been threatening to do on a number of occaisions, and get back some momentum.

Surman should be back next game I reckon.

Good old cd mullins with his muppet comments.

Both teams were dire 1st half, we ran the show 2nd half, and if Burnley were so good Mullins, explain why Ruddy never had a shot i can recall to deal with, no chance with either goal.

Yes hopefully Reading will get their just desserts with a Holt winner, dont be suprised if Lambert has used the transfer window by next sat either, re-watched the Holt foul and yes he does put his arm across but seen worse by far not given to us yesterday

Where have I said Burley played well? Burnley arnt my concern!

So am I wrong, did we play well in the first half?? No course we didnt! Did we play well after we equalised? No course we didnt!

Why cant you just be real and admit, were just not quite good enough?

Your right Bury Yellow, I live in Leeds, So not been to a home game, this season ive been Scunny, Forest, Sheff U, Derby, Donny, Preston. I guess youve been to more that me, so that must mean you know more about football than me, right?

You really shouldnt believe that myth you know!

Holt gets many of those fouls that go for him, we would have been livid if it wasn''t given to us. Foul for me.

Jackson was a foul too, but we defended poorly.