Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

black mark against Lambert today??

Hey! Don''t panic folks.

I assume those moaning went today and if they did they are being harsh on City.

There''s no doubt we didn''t play that well in the first half but actually the defence did.Their goal came directly from a foul on Jackson that was not given.

Second half we were superb and created many chances and the vast majority were good efforts. By the time Burnley got their second we could have been out of sight.

For those who didn''t go I can assure you the bubble hasn''t burst, we are still up for it and there''s a long way to go yet.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Hey! Don''t panic folks.

There''s no doubt we didn''t play that well in the first half but actually the defence did.Their goal came directly from a foul on Jackson that was not given.

Second half we were superb and created many chances and the vast majority were good efforts. By the time Burnley got their second we could have been out of sight.

For those who didn''t go I can assure you the bubble hasn''t burst, we are still up for it and there''s a long way to go yet.[/quote]Some of us haven''t inflated this delusional ''bubble'' in the first place.First loss in 2011?  Some of you really do have very short memories and very small minds to store it in.Dear oh bloody dear.

Wow, i''d completely forgotten about cluck. No surprise really that we don''t hear sight nor sound of him while we''re on a great run and the second we lose up he pops! It can''t just be a coincidence i''m afraid!

[quote user="Kent Canary"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Kent Canary"]
Lambo has done a fantastic job, he has done it with little money, he will continue to do it and all we can do is moan....I wouldn''t blame him he fucked off to somewhere he might be appreciated.
[/quote]
So we are not allowed to mention that it was a bad decision? Yes he has done extremly well but that doesnt mean he is above some reasonable criticism.
[/quote]

Is is reasonable though? He set out to address a problem most people think we have, a lack of width, it didn''t work but is addressing a weakness a black mark? If he stayed with the same system all of the time would you be happy or when people figure out how we play would you like him to try things?

Do you accept that when trying something new it will not always work, that isn''t a black mark it demonstrates that he has recognised a weakness and is trying to address that, I think it shows he is brave enough to try something new,  but hey if the glass is half full then so be it.
[/quote]

Thing is Kent, Is it really a problem? The diamond has got us from a 7-1 defeat in league one to second in the Championship. I think Lambert is a bit too worried that we play the same way week in week out. However I think that with the results we have seen, the team are confident in this formation. It''s only when we try and tinker that it all goes wrong. Stick with it and let it be the other teams problem because noone has really been able to do anything about it so far.

Funny that Cluck, every now and then I''ve had sympathy with your point of views, now I realise your a sad bloke with an overinflated ego.

Get a life or at least get something.

Paul Lambert played a formation in the first half which he believed would be best suited against a Burnley side.  I am sure the Norwich scouts have been watching Burnley recently and feeding their reports back to Lambert. The well struck Marney goal would have probably gone in whatever formation we played. 

In the second half we were the better team by a mile and with a little bit of luck, especially for Chris Martin, we would have won the game.  Every team makes mistakes at the back and you usually get punished for those mistakes by the better sides. That is only our third defeat away all season.

Lambert will remind the players that they totally dominated the second half against a side that were playing in the Premiership last season.  I am sure we will see a good win against Reading to consolidate our position in the top six.

Whilst people are talking about Forest, Leicester Swansea, and Leeds doing well, we still have to play all those teams. If you need a reminder of how well we do against the top teams, remember we have taken 4 points against QPR!!

[quote user="a1canary"]Wow, i''d completely forgotten about cluck. No surprise really that we don''t hear sight nor sound of him while we''re on a great run and the second we lose up he pops! It can''t just be a coincidence i''m afraid![/quote]What a silly little fellow you are to be sure....Shows that a single defeat is a serious issue for you in your tiny little world.... whereas a grown up will look at the bigger picture.Run along and pull your pants up FFS.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Funny that Cluck, every now and then I''ve had sympathy with your point of views, now I realise your a sad bloke with an overinflated ego.

Get a life or at least get something.[/quote]

Missed the target by miles Suffolk boy.Must try harder.Fail.

Oi Country Boy! I was born in Norfolk and proud of it.

I am not so proud of being intimidated by ignorant keyboard warriors.

Go get your partner to wash your hair

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Oi Country Boy! I was born in Norfolk and proud of it.

I am not so proud of being intimidated by ignorant keyboard warriors.

Go get your partner to wash your hair[/quote]So getting back to adulthood here.... do you not understand the point I was initially making?Any ''bubble'' is the product of a certain section of the club''s support. In the end all bubbles burst and it is intelligent thinking to avoid such ridiculous expectation. The side is over performing and only a fool would think such a thing would go on with check.Feet on the ground.... then look back over the recent years of failure and be content that PL is giving Norfolk it''s pride back. Pride isn''t just about winning every game.... it''s about how you go about it.Only a delusional does ''bubbles''.

The thread is sensibly titled " black mark against Lambert" - not "Lambert out " or anything stupid like that. Lambert is a fantastic manager, and we fully appreciate the job he has done, especially with limited funds. But he is human, there''s nothing wrong with constructive criticism, and this forum is where we can express our views. So:

- didn''t he start with three centre backs against Sheffield United, and abandon the formation after about 25 minutes because it wasn''t working ? Why did he try that again against Burnley - and abandon it at half time when it wasn''t working ?

- we seem to keep conceding first, and then playing much better after the half-time team talk; isn''t it time for Lambert to administer the hair-dryer treatment before the start of the game ?!

- most worrying was his post-match comment that the players were "brilliant". You get promotion by winning games, not by playing pretty football, or having lots of posession. It immediately reminded me of Worthington: as we lost game after game, and slipped tamely out of the top division, he kept saying he took "plosses" ( = plusses, or positives ) out of each game - when what we needed were points !

I much prefer those games when we are maybe out-played, but win, to a game where we play "brilliantly" and lose !

Come on Lambert - you''re a diamond - please stick to your formation !

Well Cluck as you come to all your conclusions based on the bits and pieces the media throw at you I suppose I should bow to your great knowledge.

I, of course, will not and you would not expect me to, because you know you are talking bollix and you enjoy it.

In conclusion I would say that when your posts are childish it is very satisfying to retort in the same chummy manner.

Mind how you go as Richard Littlejohn, our saviour, might say

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]Hey! Don''t panic folks.

For those who didn''t go I can assure you the bubble hasn''t burst, we are still up for it and there''s a long way to go yet.[/quote]Some of us haven''t inflated this delusional ''bubble'' in the first place.First loss in 2011?  Some of you really do have very short memories and very small minds to store it in.Dear oh bloody dear.[/quote]It was the first loss in the League in 2011 and only the 3rd away loss in the League all season.[IMG]http://www.bondybondy.com/images/bubble-boy.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Well Cluck as you come to all your conclusions based on the bits and pieces the media throw at you I suppose I should bow to your great knowledge.

I, of course, will not and you would not expect me to, because you know you are talking bollix and you enjoy it.

In conclusion I would say that when your posts are childish it is very satisfying to retort in the same chummy manner.

Mind how you go as Richard Littlejohn, our saviour, might say[/quote]That hole you''re digging just keeps getting deeper and deeper. Hopefully your little chum a1 cocknary will come along soon and Bury you in it. Lightweight.

Sorry Cluck, my pants are up now and i''ve donned a nice belt to keep them there. I have mummy to thank for that.

Now, you''re going to have to enlighten me as to how you determine that "a single defeat is a serious issue" in my tiny little world.

Once i understand your thought process, it might help me to inch closer to the wonderful wide world of Cluck.

Oh joy, i can''t wait, he is so masterful and so knowledgeable. In time, i can learn from the great one and maybe, one day, enter into his big world/nursing home.

[quote user="a1canary"]Sorry Cluck, my pants are up now and i''ve donned a nice belt to keep them there. I have mummy to thank for that.

Now, you''re going to have to enlighten me as to how you determine that "a single defeat is a serious issue" in my tiny little world.

Once i understand your thought process, it might help me to inch closer to the wonderful wide world of Cluck.

Oh joy, i can''t wait, he is so masterful and so knowledgeable. In time, i can learn from the great one and maybe, one day, enter into his big world/nursing home.[/quote]Try this....Thread title... ''Black mark against Lambert today?''  A mindless comment which you were showing some sympathy towards.Now take my comment in full ..... "a single defeat is a serious issue FOR YOU" and you will see that far from being ''negative'' it was actually in defence of Paul Lambert.If that doesn''t sink finally in I''ll have to charge a fee from now on as it then comes under the mental health act as nursing care.

[quote user="silver fox"]

Paul Lambert played a formation in the first half which he believed would be best suited against a Burnley side.  I am sure the Norwich scouts have been watching Burnley recently and feeding their reports back to Lambert. The well struck Marney goal would have probably gone in whatever formation we played. 

In the second half we were the better team by a mile and with a little bit of luck, especially for Chris Martin, we would have won the game.  Every team makes mistakes at the back and you usually get punished for those mistakes by the better sides. That is only our third defeat away all season.

Lambert will remind the players that they totally dominated the second half against a side that were playing in the Premiership last season.  I am sure we will see a good win against Reading to consolidate our position in the top six.

Whilst people are talking about Forest, Leicester Swansea, and Leeds doing well, we still have to play all those teams. If you need a reminder of how well we do against the top teams, remember we have taken 4 points against QPR!!

[/quote]

Whilst I would like to believe this to be true ,I fear that the real reason behind this change in formation was through wanting to keep all three defenders happy?. As has previously been said ,we were 2nd , for a reason.....let them worry about us.

"''Black mark against Lambert today'' A mindless comment which you were showing some sympathy towards."

Extraordinary. I didn''t even answer the thread other than to welcome you back from your burrow and you''re telling me what i think of the post title. Have you learnt to read minds through the internet while you''ve been hiding? Only you''re not very good at it since your attempt here couldn''t be more wrong.

[quote user="a1canary"]"''Black mark against Lambert today'' A mindless comment which you were showing some sympathy towards."

Extraordinary. I didn''t even answer the thread other than to welcome you back from your burrow and you''re telling me what i think of the post title. Have you learnt to read minds through the internet while you''ve been hiding? Only you''re not very good at it since your attempt here couldn''t be more wrong.[/quote]Send this bloke a mail..... mrthicky@shoveitupyouranus.com.He might just be able to help you.  [:^)]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]What larks eh Cluckness?

Come on, give us a kiss, you know you want to.[/quote]Such an act could thus be described as ''rimming'' Bury.I have my limits.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Brilliant mate[/quote]Now I feel dirty.....[;)]

bollix. playing three at the back didn''t work for us vs burnley, and we looked far better back with the diamond but thats not to say we should never try alternatives, even if it takes a few games to settle. Lambert played 4-42 when he first took over, holt and cureton up front and thats evolved to the diamond. Liverpool made Chelsea look average yesterday with a back 3, 2 wingbacks, four in centre mid (2 with license to attack/roam) and just a target man to hold it up front and it worked like a dream. If anything, our squad is far better suited to this kind of formation than 4-4-2 wingers as we have 3 good centrebacks, fullbacks whol like to get forward, fox and crofts who are well suited to winning the ball and keeping the tempo up, then throw in lansbury, Chris Martin, surman, hoolahan who are all good technically, confident roaming, able to cut in, cross, hit through balls and whatnot, they could play well behind Holt pushing the opponents backline, holding it up, causing problems with his runs against fullbacks. We cannot rely on the diamond formation forever as it has massive weaknesses itself and we just don''t look convincing 4-4-2