Sign in to follow this  
Downloads

Need a loan striker... so...

How about Benni McCarthy?

Not in the West Ham squad, has a good goals to game ratio pretty much wherever he''s been (except West Ham), they obviously don''t want him there at all.

I''m not saying he''s a long term prospect for our team, but I think he''s better than Martin, Wilbraham and Jackson and we need someone in for a final push?

Got to be someone we can get in to help us out!  They did say the money is available to Lambert for loans didn''t they?

We have to get someone in. With a more clinical striker we would and should have won that yesterday. I honestly think we are one player away from a realistic top 2 finish, We dominated that 2nd half yesterday. Lets get someone in and give it our best shot.

McCarthy has just been fined for not getting his fitness up.Do we really need someone that can''t be arsed doing a basic thing for a footballer?

Yeah, he could be a big handful for defenders in this league, I guess my only concern is lack of proven goalscoring ability... But he would definitely be one to look to keep rather than a short term one off loan.

im intrigued by this Delfounseo (if indeed thats his name?!) link....What has he actually done in the Premier league?! He plays for a side with barely any strikers and still gets just about as much cameo time as "super" Mac at Carrow Road....What we need is someone who knows how to score......McCarthy would be a great shout but im not sure hed be arsed.Even a one month loan to inject some life into our current strike force would be fine.....One thing i would say however is the service is lacking. Holty is a legend but look at a lot of the goals he scores....he makes them himself by constant hassling of defenders....Jackson and Martin are not in the same mould....if a decent ball is put in to the right areas then id expect those two to score more regularly than Holty, but for some reason both of them are taking on our midfield anchor in the scoring charts.

No thats fair enough, wasn''t really aware of the attitude issues - Just trying to think of someone who can do a job for us, who''s proven.

[quote user="Downloads"]No thats fair enough, wasn''t really aware of the attitude issues - Just trying to think of someone who can do a job for us, who''s proven.[/quote]

No worries,it''s a good question[Y]Just have to scan various leagues to see who is around.I wonder if Lambert has any contacts in the Bundesliga?

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]No we don''t.

We need patience and realism.
[/quote]

There''s no such things in football[;)]

How about Jason Roberts? he isnt getting a game at Blackburn and is an experienced player at championship level and i seem to remember him going up with Wigan a few years back

[/quote]

Whats unreal about signing a striker on loan?

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Whats unreal about signing a striker on loan?

[/quote]

Is not unreal but is unreal to be espectations we to find for loan at this part really striker who constantly score goals.

If we look at champ&league 1 level there is not much players like this.Premiere Lig level will not come here.SImply players that score goals is not so much +is very expensive and overprice(example Bent etc,,,)

I watch it 2 times Yesterday game and can say after 40 min we totally dominate the game until 1-1 come and until WIlbraham come as 3rd sub.

Was must close the game at times and agree for 1 pt at tough and historicly bad places like Turf Mour but seems PL think other and try to win evry game.

Was very imp to not loose and to make psicholigcal with very big number lig games without loose.

Bad is that so many teems from top 10 is in form and win his games week in week out but mates we all must be glad to see Norwich playing good football and 1 deffeat after so long time is not reason we to complain about anything.

Espectations is so big but we must dont forget aty what position we was only 16 months ago!''

C''mon Yellows!!!

[/quote]

Good shout Cluck. [Y]

(used to be called ambition with prudence)

[:S][:S][:S]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]No we don''t.We need patience and realism.[/quote]

Eh? We have een too patient with Martin and Jackson. They are not doing the job, and without a decent striker coming in on loan, i can see us now starting to slip down the League. If we don''t go up this year, it could be a VERY long wait until we are pushing at the top again. What''s so unreal about getting a Premier League striker in on loan who isn''t in a teams 25 man squad, or a championship striker currently out of favour, but who can do it at this level?

I get the coding too Ryan mate.

I don''t think another striker would hurt, but WHO is the problem.

Jackson gets himself into good positions, but that''s about it.

Chris Martin will hustle and bustle but has missed some sitters as of late.

Oli Johnson has scored for Yeovil, but when he returns he''s hardly had any game time in the Championship.

Wilbraham''s a squad player..

I don''t think we''ll pull a miracle off, i think we''ll go with what we''ve got.

Remember, with our over performing team anywhere in the top 10 is a bonus!

We''ve set the bench mark so high we''re all expecting miracles.

[quote user="ryan1992"]Why do I get all that coding rubbish when i try and quote?[/quote]Probably because like the rest of us, your computer can''t understand what the feck you''re on about.

Best is about as realistic as George Best, considering he is scoring for the Geordies and they have about 3 strikers on their book.

[quote user="COYY"]

I think a more realistic target would be someone like Leon Best

[/quote]

If you''re going to come up with ridiculous targets at least make it plausible that they can move. I''d say someone like Fabio Borini fits into that category, coming back from shoulder injury, pretty much left out of the Chelsea squad this year, they have loads of strikers and his contract is up in the summer so perfect opportunity to put himself in the shop window.

[quote user="Bebop and Rocksteady"]Best is about as realistic as George Best, considering he is scoring for the Geordies and they have about 3 strikers on their book.[/quote]

Funny and true!

Ideas for potential attacking loans from the Premier League:Nathan Delfouneso (Aston Villa)Fabio Borini (Chelsea)Nile Ranger (Newcastle)Nikola Sarić (Liverpool)Daniel Pacheco (Liverpool)Alex Nimely  (Manchester City)Joshua King (Manchester United)Jose Baxter (Everton)James McFadden (Birmingham)Kevin Phillips (Birmingham)Mamady Sidibe (Stoke)Lauri Dalla Valle (Fulham)Tom Eaves (Bolton)Freddie Sears (West Ham)Zavon Hines (West Ham)Simon Cox (West Brom)Here''s a list of potential candidates, delivered by yours truly.It may be too early (in fact, it''s probably far too early), but i would like to see Werndley, a prolific striker from our academy, competing for a place on the bench at some point.

[quote user="6088m canary"] im intrigued by this Delfounseo (if indeed thats his name?!) link....
What has he actually done in the Premier league?! He plays for a side with barely any strikers and still gets just about as much cameo time as "super" Mac at Carrow Road....
What we need is someone who knows how to score......
[/quote]

To be fair he''s tall, quick and looks like he can finish too. Definitely a good prospect for the future at Premier League level. 

[quote user="John"]Ideas for potential attacking loans from the Premier League:Nathan Delfouneso (Aston Villa)Fabio Borini (Chelsea)Nile Ranger (Newcastle)Nikola Sarić (Liverpool)Daniel Pacheco (Liverpool)Alex Nimely  (Manchester City)Joshua King (Manchester United)Jose Baxter (Everton)James McFadden (Birmingham)Kevin Phillips (Birmingham)Mamady Sidibe (Stoke)Lauri Dalla Valle (Fulham)Tom Eaves (Bolton)Freddie Sears (West Ham)Zavon Hines (West Ham)Simon Cox (West Brom)Here''s a list of potential candidates, delivered by yours truly.It may be too early (in fact, it''s probably far too early), but i would like to see Werndley, a prolific striker from our academy, competing for a place on the bench at some point.[/quote]OMFG.The XBOX generation strikes gain. 

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="John"]Ideas for potential attacking loans from the Premier League:Nathan Delfouneso (Aston Villa)Fabio Borini (Chelsea)Nile Ranger (Newcastle)Nikola Sarić (Liverpool)Daniel Pacheco (Liverpool)Alex Nimely  (Manchester City)Joshua King (Manchester United)Jose Baxter (Everton)James McFadden (Birmingham)Kevin Phillips (Birmingham)Mamady Sidibe (Stoke)Lauri Dalla Valle (Fulham)Tom Eaves (Bolton)Freddie Sears (West Ham)Zavon Hines (West Ham)Simon Cox (West Brom)Here''s a list of potential candidates, delivered by yours truly.It may be too early (in fact, it''s probably far too early), but i would like to see Werndley, a prolific striker from our academy, competing for a place on the bench at some point.[/quote]OMFG.The XBOX generation strikes gain.  [/quote]OMFG.The Pink ''Uns most pungent, irritating, presumptuous, ignoramus, antique strikes again.