Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

west brom sack manager

Yes, this is the sort of club that I could see Lambert leaving for.  Relatively cash rich, ambitious, not afraid to spend, keen to stay in the Premier League.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Yes, this is the sort of club that I could see Lambert leaving for.  Relatively cash rich, ambitious, not afraid to spend, keen to stay in the Premier League.

[/quote]

took the words out of my mouth, Hope we are both wronge 

Good! The smug barsteward deserved it. I want to slap his baldy, smug, catterpillar eyebrowed, smarmy face everytime I see it on the TV!

Yeah but in an incredibly precarious position.

I would fancy Blackpool, Everton and Villa to stay up over them and I fancy West Ham to pick themselves out of the bottom 3 too.

Saying that, I really like Odemwingie and his goalscoring could get them out of trouble.

Big Sam Allardyce will get the job. Dudley born and bred and played for Albion for a short time. Plus he has a history of rescuing clubs on the brink of relegation.

[quote user="CantonsHero"]Another promoted team forgetting that very fact. It''s very disappointing.
[/quote]

Yeah it is disgusting, going up and then getting the sack after half a season.

OOOH ERRRR! The Midlands is closer to Scotland....That could work in the Baggies favour! BOING BOING!

What are we gonna do if they make an approach for Lambo? Shall we all hold our breath and SKWEAM an'' SKWEAM till we are sick?

I wouldn''t be at all surprised if West Brom show an interest in Lambert.....But there are other ''currently unemployed'' managers that would also fit their requirements.....and they wouldn''t have to pay compo for the privilege of their services....

It''s gonna get much worse regarding the ''Managerial Merry Go Round''  between now and May.....Let''s just see what unfolds and hope that we remain focussed on maintaining our ''push''.....and our manager remains at the helm.

Let''s face it.....there''s a possibility or chance that Lambert will depart for pastures new at the end of this season anyway....Enjoy it while we can.

As a Norwich fan who works at a school called SANDWELL ACADEMY, which is directly across the road from the Hawthorns and with every student that I teach knowing that I support Norwich City, if Lambert were to move, my life would become hell.However, I''d be close enough to go over the road and slap him.

Its a bit of a harsh sacking tbh. This is probably the best position they have ever been in the premier league and every team goes through a slump. Wierd how 2 of the 3 managers who have managed to pick up wins at the emirates this season (the other being Chris Hughton) are now out of a job

Silly move by the board. decent manager and if you are going to get rid why wait until after the transfer window has closed. Chris Houghton would be an ideal choice for them

[quote user="CantonsHero"]At present Lambert is joint 8th choice:

Derek McInnes is firm favourite with Hughton, O''Driscoll and Appleton behind.

[/quote]

Havnt your learnt that means absolutley nothing yet?

Well as has been stated Lambert must be in the list , given his track record with turning our last season around and what he has done this season with very limited resources here.West Brom would consider it peanuts if they had to compensate us for taking Lambert if it meant they survived in Premier League.There is a reason why the other managers are unemployed!If I were West Brom Chairman I would offer big bucks to tempt Lambert away and I am sure our cash strapped Board will take the money

West Brom would happily spend £5 million pounds on a player if they thought he would be the difference between survival and relegation. Why not a lambert?I think that if they came in today our board would say yes, knowing that compensation would be a fair bit, and that we''re a decent prospect for a good manager.

If we don''t reach the prem this season, I think it is very likely Lambert will be going elsewhere, but I can''t see him leaving us at the moment with a chance of back to back promotions for a team who could very easily get relegated within a few months of him being there, then he would be back in the Championship with a relagation on his CV as opposed to possibly reaching the play offs with newly promoted Norwich

[quote user="canary_girl"]If we don''t reach the prem this season, I think it is very likely Lambert will be going elsewhere, but I can''t see him leaving us at the moment with a chance of back to back promotions for a team who could very easily get relegated within a few months of him being there, then he would be back in the Championship with a relagation on his CV as opposed to possibly reaching the play offs with newly promoted Norwich[/quote]

I think that is whats on the mind of all of us  

If PL was to look at the West Brom cycle, he''d see they always seem to rush into sacking their manager once they have got them into the Premier League and start to struggle.

At best Lambert would go down with the Baggies, get them promoted and then the usual sacking would come into play.

Its about time their club backed their managers with some serious money.

I believe Hughton would be a better choice.

ok just seen West Brom have stupidly sacked thier manager, getting ridiculus this year. Anyway my point is i am quite sure there is no need for anyone to get paronoid about him leaving, like the burnley situation. This is because i doubt a club in West Broms position would want him. He is inexperienced at manging championship football, let alone premiership. I doubt any club in the prem who are trying to avoid relegation would want him. We have seen by the sackings already that they have been done to bring in a manger with experience of premiership management, Lambo has not been there, no club would take a gamble on him at this stage of the season.I am quite sure Lambert will stay even if we dont get promoted this season, for the fact above and because he has surpassed expectations this season and i am sure he will be quietly confident we could make a very decent push for promotion again next season.

As I posted on the other thread...If we don''t reach the prem this season, I think it is very likely Lambert will be going elsewhere, but I can''t see him leaving us at the moment with a chance of back to back promotions for a team who could very easily get relegated within a few months of him being there, then he would be back in the Championship with a relagation on his CV as opposed to possibly reaching the play offs with newly promoted Norwich

Can''t see why WBA would take a gamble on a manager with no previous experience of managing in the Prem, they took a gamble on one and it didn''t work so I think they''ll go for experience this time. Not a cat in hells chance of it happening imo, Lambert still has much to learn before he can be considered as good enough for the prem.

It could also be possible that Lambert may want to see the job through here and won''t be going anywhere in the summer, I just wish we could find a wealthy new owner to give him the funds to complete the job. We will always be at risk of losing any good manager or good players we have while we''re so low on funds.

Bottom Line:

Lambert is under contract by us and in order for him to leave, a club first has to approach us and we then have to accept the approach and allow Lambert to discuss terms.

Now I can''t see McNally accepting any approach for lambert, can you?

[quote user="canary_girl"]If we don''t reach the prem this season, I think it is very likely Lambert will be going elsewhere, but I can''t see him leaving us at the moment with a chance of back to back promotions for a team who could very easily get relegated within a few months of him being there, then he would be back in the Championship with a relagation on his CV as opposed to possibly reaching the play offs with newly promoted Norwich[/quote]Alternatively, a chance to build the squad he wants with the parachute payments and to come straight back up with "his" team, as opposed to scratching around at a club who can''t afford to compete for the top players.

Looking at the long list of previous West Brom managers, suggests that they tend to appoint ambitious up and coming managers rather than Managers with a long proven track-record. Obviously this would describe Paul Lambert, but as he has spoken only recently of how he is happy here and David McNally has already rebuffed one approach, I would think that we are safe for now. Maybe a better choice would be Billy Davies from Nottingham Forest, who is reportedly not happy in his job due to lack of support from the Board, he is Midlands based and best of all, it might upset the Forest bandwagon that is rapidly moving towards the prem. Anyway, I''ve never forgiven West Brom for taking Archie Macauley from us and that was before I was born..

I think if WBA come calling PL might be tempted. After all, I''m still a bit mystified about what really went on in that Burnley saga. I still wonder whether he was interested in their advances.

If West Brom were in the same league as us, be that Premier or Championship, i suspect most would consider us to be a bigger club than them now. The chairman there is notoriously tight with his money.