Sign in to follow this  
Muffles

Derby days......

Watching the Rangers v Celtic match today and seeing that he draw meant a 7th derby match for the two this season, I was wondering how we''d all feel about playing them lot down the road up to 7 or 8 times in a season?

Good? Bad? Repetitive?

Your comments please........

It must take a bit away from the game, if your playing them at least 4 times a season, and when you get extra cup games, its getting as much as 7/8 times in one season its just a bit silly.

An extra cup game here or there against your rivals is nice, but seriously 7 games? Too much

I''d argue its slighhtly different though up in Scotland, because the old Firm is more than just a derby match, they are matches to decide where the silverware is going that year, plus all of the politcal history that goest with it etc. Besides it was one helluva match! Fraser Forster was a touch unlucky in my opinion.

depending what league you are in you could quite feasibly play a team 10 times in a season.for example if you were in league 1 or 2.twice in the leaguetwice in the FA cupTwice in the johnstones PaintTwice in the league cup (should you reach the semis)Twice in the playoffshow horrible would that be?!