Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

4 big, big away games!

We have 16 games left and in those 16 games we have 8 at home and 8 away.  Within those 8 away games we have got to play Leeds, Swansea, Watford and Leicster who are all currently in the top 9 and Watford also have two games in hand.

I think if we get a reasonable amount of points from these games then play offs are pretty much guarrented.  If we can take 7 points away from these teams who all are challenging to be in the top 6 come the end then I think that will be enough to keep us in there and the chasing pack away.  As well as these we also have Hull away who have started to play a lot better and might even make a charge and we also have the small matter of going to Portman Road.  Whilst these games are the ones that are likely to make or break our season it is still absolutely adamant that we don''t drop silly points against teams like Doncaster, Preston, Scunthorpe and Bristol City at home.

What do we all think?

Every game is a big game......

But yet, if we beat those 4 teams mentioned, that will probably be (along with hopefully at least 7 unbeaten at home) enough to get the play-offs.

A big part of what happens will fall on what Forrest and Cardiff do with their games in hand.

We are equall with Cardiff and one point behind Forrest. Should the worse happen and they both win the games in hand we will be 3points off Cardiff and 7 off Forrest.

At this stage in the season and with both teams having strikers in a ritch vein of form - I think a lot of it comes down to how many they loose rather than how many we win.

We just have to keep getting results and hope for the best. Every game is important now - in all likliness we have to go pretty much unbeaten for the remainder of the season if we are to stand a chance of automatic promotion.

I wasn''t speaking about automatics, I''m more concerened on making sure we stay in the play offs.  Every year there is a team who make the charge and we need to make sure that we are not the team to drop out as they come in.

[quote user="Boyo"]

We have 16 games left and in those 16 games we have 8 at home and 8 away.[/quote]

Of the 8 home games only 4 are played on a Saturday.

Reading Sat 12 FebPreston Sat 5 MarScunthorpe Sat 2 AprilForest Sat 16 April    

I don''t think it matters who we play; we''ve just lost to Burnley away - we''ve lost to Watford, Hull, Palace & Portsmouth at home - there''s no pattern to any of it! We are perfectly capable of beating any team and ''taking each game as it comes'' has never been more appropriate...