Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Nice late trip back from Swansea

Pete, do you know if the Ipswich game at Easter is going to be shown live on either bbc or sky? I imagine it would be, but at the moment I dont think it is as cant see it listed anywhere..

[quote user="rondy"]Pete, do you know if the Ipswich game at Easter is going to be shown live on either bbc or sky? I imagine it would be, but at the moment I dont think it is as cant see it listed anywhere..
[/quote]

just what I was thinking, there must be a space for it on sky on a Thursday evening?

[quote user="canary_girl"]

[quote user="rondy"]Pete, do you know if the Ipswich game at Easter is going to be shown live on either bbc or sky? I imagine it would be, but at the moment I dont think it is as cant see it listed anywhere..
[/quote]

just what I was thinking, there must be a space for it on sky on a Thursday evening?

[/quote]

--

There is an England v Scotland game scheduled on Sky for that night. That would presumably preclude anybody showing another game at the same time.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]It''s only an England U18 match, so can''t see that being an issue.
[/quote]

===

Matt, you''re right, although it doesn''t say that on the Sky schedule! I don''t have Sky, but presumably they don''t show matches in opposition to one another, so it would be the BBC or nothing.

My hopes are on BBC too, would be a great excuse not to go to Portman Road!  They''ve screened both of the South Wales derbies this season, so fingers crossed.  I''m sure we''ll find out soon.

Great!  One of our crucial matches is now to be shown on Sky!  That can only mean one thing...

[quote user="Matt Juler"]My hopes are on BBC too, would be a great excuse not to go to Portman Road!  They''ve screened both of the South Wales derbies this season, so fingers crossed.  I''m sure we''ll find out soon.
[/quote]

I''m hoping it will be on the BBC too, never known them to show a mid-week evening championship game though

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Money.[/quote]

but if we were to play at the same time as everyone else instead of a silly time it would benefit the players, and more chance of a win, so more points, and get more money from going up than a game on sky?!!?!?

How does playing 3 hours 20 mins earlier in the day benefit the players? They are professional footballers. The time of kick-off shouldn''t effect them (as long as its not silly, like 2 in the morning)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]How does playing 3 hours 20 mins earlier in the day benefit the players? They are professional footballers. The time of kick-off shouldn''t effect them (as long as its not silly, like 2 in the morning)[/quote]or even 2 hours 20 mins!!!

[quote user="Canary Man of Kent"]I''m sure Ipswich was moved from Friday to Thursday night for TV coverage - BBC I would imagine, they seem to show all local derbies.[/quote]It was moved due to "concerns playing the match on a bank holiday" I believe, nothing public about being on TV at least.As for those who say "stuff Sky", it''s all part of the TV contract, if Sky say jump, we''re forced into saying how high up until 14 days prior to the original date of the fixture.