Sign in to follow this  
vkp-otbc

Hotels in Norwich

Travelodge in a couple of places. One by the bus station, one on a road that i don''t know what its called, but its off prince of wales road (near Train station)...

Not sure how much the Premiere Inn/Nelson charge. But that seems like a popular place for people meeting before/after the game as well.

And if you wanted to be really close to the ground, there is always Holiday Inn :P

Not paticularly cheap £60 or £70 per night for Nelson.  Try the Landsdown Thorpe Rd £45 I think and its comfortable enough.  Couple of cheap hotels on Riverside Central maybe but always full when I have checked £25 per night.  You might like to try B&B on internet but again always seem full.  Give Lansdown a try just 200 metres from Station car parking available.

Not the cheapest but excellent room and breakfast and the staff are 1st class...The Stracey Hotel, 5 minutes walk from the ground. Would 100% stay there again no probs [Y]

[quote user="pete"]Not paticularly cheap £60 or £70 per night for Nelson.  Try the Landsdown Thorpe Rd £45 I think and its comfortable enough.  Couple of cheap hotels on Riverside Central maybe but always full when I have checked £25 per night.  You might like to try B&B on internet but again always seem full.  Give Lansdown a try just 200 metres from Station car parking available.[/quote]

Don''t.It is cheap and near to the ground but that was it''s only plus points.Probably the worst ever breakfast i have had as well.Apologies to staff as they were sound,just the hotel needs a big kick up the behind.

Never had breakfast at The Lansdowne so always used to stay there on room only basis - cheaper. Clean and quiet enough. Beck''s £2 a pint when I stayed there last June.The Marlborough is one a lot of people I know stay at but not all rooms are en suite.Don''t know about now but in the 90''s the Central Hotel was really creepy. Only stayed there once - a Friday night game - and rammed a chair up against the door at night... Dashed out next morning without breakfast. Didn''t dare stay in there any longer. Never again did I travel to Norwich without having pre-booked a room.Aspland Road has an ok B&B.

I stood in the bar of the Holiday inn and almost fell over when I saw the price they were charging, did I see right £140 to £200 a night ?How can anyone justify that amount for a bed for the night.  

[quote user="pete_norw"]I stood in the bar of the Holiday inn and almost fell over when I saw the price they were charging, did I see right £140 to £200 a night ?How can anyone justify that amount for a bed for the night.  [/quote]Certainly not for a bog standard chain like Holiday Inn at any rate - pardon the pun.

"There''s a super Travel Tavern on the A11....I''d highly recommend it, watch out for the Geordie porter though......

I have my own plate for breakfast.....it''s bigger than the Travel Tavern''s..."

[quote user="Lord Horn"]WITS seems to be our resident adviser on hotel rooms...........maybe we should rename her Belle...lol  [:D]
[/quote]

It certainly sounds like she''s been around. [;)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="Lord Horn"]WITS seems to be our resident adviser on hotel rooms...........maybe we should rename her Belle...lol  [:D]
[/quote]

It certainly sounds like she''s been around. [;)]

[/quote]

Regularly seen at the Travel Tavern on the A11 as spotted by the same people who keep seeing Lionel Messi in Budgens at Acle!!