Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

Loans in the window

Does anyone know whether we are able to loan players until the end of the season when the loan window reopens? Or is it just the 28 day emergency loans we can do?

The reason I ask is I''m wondering whether we have a deal almost done for someone to come in with a view to signing at the end of the season. A decent striker maybe?

I find it unusual that the board have made public the money we have available for transfers with the window not yet open. Aren''t we encouraging other teams to put their prices up?

If my calculations are correct we have the seven figure sum Mcnally confirmed we bid for Bennett plus the £2M from Foulger that goes into the playing budget giving at least £3M to be spent in the loan window/summer.

My preference would be to buy 1 or 2 decent strikers for the final push.

On some reports it says the money all goes to Lamberts player fund to be used either in January , when the loan window re-opens or in the summer.That suggests Lambert had the money to spend in January and chose not to ,so people expecting a big signing or two may be in for a let down .

Oh right, I thought it was on top of what we had spent/bid in January.Hadn''t really considered that we may have already had this money in the January budget. Makes sense with our bid for Bennett I suppose.

I''m confused, loads of people said the window opened again yesterday yet in that article it says ''When the loan window re-opens next week''. Can anyone clarify it for me please?

[quote user="Excited Canary"]I''m confused, loads of people said the window opened again yesterday yet in that article it says ''When the loan window re-opens next week''. Can anyone clarify it for me please?
[/quote]

exactly what I was thinking [:S]

[quote user="Excited Canary"]I''m confused, loads of people said the window opened again yesterday yet in that article it says ''When the loan window re-opens next week''. Can anyone clarify it for me please?
[/quote]

exactly what I was thinking [:S]

There was a thread not so long ago about getting Michael Brown in. I have thought long and hard and think he is now worth a punt. Some one we can bring on towards the end and shore up the defence.

I know it''s off topic, but thought I would add it.

I thought the loan window opens up 7 days after the transfer window.

Still need this elusive quick winger and a striker. Gawd knows where from and who.

[/quote]

It opened on Monday, those reports were made last week

I think that the donor said that his £2 million purchase was done in early January, so it may be that was behind our bid for Bennett and there is no more or little more.

[quote user="Canary Ascent"]Does anyone know whether we are able to loan players until the end of the season when the loan window reopens? Or is it just the 28 day emergency loans we can do? The reason I ask is I''m wondering whether we have a deal almost done for someone to come in with a view to signing at the end of the season. A decent striker maybe? I find it unusual that the board have made public the money we have available for transfers with the window not yet open. Aren''t we encouraging other teams to put their prices up? If my calculations are correct we have the seven figure sum Mcnally confirmed we bid for Bennett plus the £2M from Foulger that goes into the playing budget giving at least £3M to be spent in the loan window/summer. My preference would be to buy 1 or 2 decent strikers for the final push.[/quote]

Read the loan thread further down the page

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2412798/ShowPost.aspx