Sign in to follow this  
Jack Barak

Canary Call and General Idiots

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

nigel from norwich.

What''s your accent like?

Me? I''ve got a bit of a lilt from my travels.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Ditto Bly.

It''s those travels that broaden the mind and reinforce the sense of belonging.  A goldfish doesn''t understand that it lives in a bowl unless it has experienced something different.

Quite a few unworldly goldfish swimming around on here.
[/quote]

How strange that two such narrow minded posters should claim to have broad minds. I guess the irony is lost on some.

Abesence makes the sense of belonging grow stronger....

What an interesting thought....

How does that work for mello?

[8]No matter where I roam
I will return to my Carrow Road

For no bonds can ever tempt me away

I''ve sailed the seven seas,
Flown the whole blue sky.
But I''ve returned with haste to where my
Love does lie.
No matter where I go I will come back to my Carrow Road

For nothing, "could" ever "tempt" me away.
I''ve tried my secret Spurs -
I''ve even tried Dean Court
Caught the wild wind home
To hear The Barclay roar
No matter where I roam
For no bonds can ever keep me away.

Isn''t that sooooo heart warming....

But what about...

[8]For I''m the type of boy who is always on the roam, mm,
wherever I lay my hat that''s my team....

How does that work?

[/quote]

That''s all you can muster?..... You continue attempting to belittle and discredit my support for NCFC as much as you loike....bor.

You still don''t like ''furriners''....."Gerr orfa moi laarnd!"

Gotcha Leeds ticket yet? (I have).....You don''t require a passport y''know.

"Cheerio me ducks!".....That''s Mello Yello Bellio Geordio, isn''t it?.....The Tyne originates in Brayford Pool, doesn''t it?

PS.....Delia''s from Surrey, a small village east of Swaffham....

It just can''t be every way Kenwood Ken. I don''t try to "belittle" your support any more than you do mine. Why don''t you take to task the two posters who are belittling your support?

What''s the relevance of Delia being from Surrey? Oh yeah.. I geddit... can''t be a proper fan loike that there Robert Chase!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

nigel from norwich.

What''s your accent like?

Me? I''ve got a bit of a lilt from my travels.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Ditto Bly.

It''s those travels that broaden the mind and reinforce the sense of belonging.  A goldfish doesn''t understand that it lives in a bowl unless it has experienced something different.

Quite a few unworldly goldfish swimming around on here.
[/quote]

How strange that two such narrow minded posters should claim to have broad minds. I guess the irony is lost on some.

Abesence makes the sense of belonging grow stronger....

What an interesting thought....

How does that work for mello?

[8]No matter where I roam

For no bonds can ever tempt me away

I''ve sailed the seven seas,
Flown the whole blue sky.
But I''ve returned with haste to where my
Love does lie.
No matter where I go I will come back to my Carrow Road

For nothing, "could" ever "tempt" me away.
I''ve tried my secret Spurs -
I''ve even tried Dean Court
Caught the wild wind home
To hear The Barclay roar
No matter where I roam
For no bonds can ever keep me away.

Isn''t that sooooo heart warming....

But what about...

[8]For I''m the type of boy who is always on the roam, mm,
wherever I lay my hat that''s my team....

How does that work?

[/quote]

That''s all you can muster?..... You continue attempting to belittle and discredit my support for NCFC as much as you loike....bor.

You still don''t like ''furriners''....."Gerr orfa moi laarnd!"

Gotcha Leeds ticket yet? (I have).....You don''t require a passport y''know.

"Cheerio me ducks!".....That''s Mello Yello Bellio Geordio, isn''t it?.....The Tyne originates in Brayford Pool, doesn''t it?

PS.....Delia''s from Surrey, a small village east of Swaffham....

[/quote]

Worthy didn''t ''specially loike them durn furriners oither.

[:D]

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Welll..... ''til we move away.... but forever whilst we live close by!

[/quote]

Will you be the entertainment at the PUPs? Bang a foo toons out for the gang......

[8] "The Club on the Wensum is like the Bayer all mine the club and the Bayer are all mine!" [8]

[8] "But it''s alright Lady Delia....alright Lady Delia......I''m alright here in your arms".....[8]

[8] "Thou shall get a taddy from a norfolk laddy - though shall flush a floater before bingo boy comes in"....[8]

[8] "Oh me gonads you should have seen ''em hangin'' passing the pups along Hellesdon road all o'' them were starin''...All the lads and lasses there all had smilin'' faces....gannin'' along the Hellesdon road....to see Eddie''s airs an'' graces....[8]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Will you be the entertainment at the PUPs? Bang a foo toons out for the gang......

[8] "The Club on the Wensum is like the Bayer all mine the club and the Bayer are all mine!" [8]

[8] "But it''s alright Lady Delia....alright Lady Delia......I''m alright here in your arms".....[8]

[8] "Thou shall get a taddy from a norfolk laddy - though shall flush a floater before bingo boy comes in"....[8]

[8] "Oh me gonads you should have seen ''em hangin'' passing the pups along Hellesdon road all o'' them were starin''...All the lads and lasses there all had smilin'' faces....gannin'' along the Hellesdon road....to see Eddie''s airs an'' graces....[8]

[/quote]

And what has my place of work got to do with it?

I bet there''s plenty of fans like you pet. The stands must be full of folk who have ditched their first love to support any old team that''s near and handy. I wonder who Delia supported? Do you think Woking were her team? I wonder if she''s travelled up with her "marras" back in the 60''s for a pre-season friendly. She probably enjoyed the banter with the locals so when she married Wynnie she was happy to come back.

Of course none of you are like your old mates Cluckin'' Nora and Babes. These are the true soul of the club. Norfolk people who have been true to their team wherever they have roamed. And Chase, their hero, the Norfolk man who ran the club for Norfolk people. No wonder you didn''t like him geordie boy! In fact you don''t like anyone do you? No chairman has ever impressed you. Never had a good word for any of them. You could moan for County Durham mello! Never happy [:@][:''(] In fact I reckon one day you will make a cracking Mother-In-Law[:O]

Gaaarrrnrn...... get yer titties out for the lads and lasses pet[<:o)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And what has my place of work got to do with it?

I bet there''s plenty of fans like you pet. The stands must be full of folk who have ditched their first love to support any old team that''s near and handy. I wonder who Delia supported? Do you think Woking were her team? I wonder if she''s travelled up with her "marras" back in the 60''s for a pre-season friendly. She probably enjoyed the banter with the locals so when she married Wynnie she was happy to come back.

Of course none of you are like your old mates Cluckin'' Nora and Babes. These are the true soul of the club. Norfolk people who have been true to their team wherever they have roamed. And Chase, their hero, the Norfolk man who ran the club for Norfolk people. No wonder you didn''t like him geordie boy! In fact you don''t like anyone do you? No chairman has ever impressed you. Never had a good word for any of them. You could moan for County Durham mello! Never happy [:@][:''(] In fact I reckon one day you will make a cracking Mother-In-Law[:O]

Gaaarrrnrn...... get yer titties out for the lads and lasses pet[<:o)]

[/quote]

"You Norfolk folk don''t like outsiders.....do you."

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

"You Norfolk folk don''t like outsiders.....do you."

[/quote]

That''s generalisation but some don''t. You must have seen the fuss kicked up on here because the cook is from Woking. They like the good old Norfolk boys like Big Bob. A Norfolk Club for Norfolk people.

You Geordies soon turn your back on your team don''t you? Such a smooth transition. But then I maybe generalising too.

I bet you were glad to find a hat to fit your forehead.....

Pet!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

nigel from norwich still hasn''t told us what his accent is like.

Hmm...

OTBC

[/quote]Does this ''Nigel from Norwich'' actually matter?I seem to recall that both you and Mello were founder members of the PURIST brotherhood ....and of course remain so. It''s not so much what you are regarding being relevant as who you are..... and a nobody in theory doesn''t exist.It''s all about roots.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]

It''s all about roots.
[/quote]

---

How true.

Jimmy Beales: "Who do you think''ll win today?"

Frank Bryant: "Well Norwich won''t."

Jimmy Beales: "No."

That Arnold Wesker knew a thing or two about football...[;)]

"Do you think we really count? You don'' wanna take any notice of what that there cook has to say about the fans bein'' all-important these days - that''s all squit! ''Cos we aren''t. Do you think when the really talented purists in the country get to work they get to work for us? Hell if they do? Do you think they don''t know we ''ont make the effort? The writers don''t write thinkin'' we can understand, nor the painters don''t paint expectin'' us to be interested - that they don''t, nor don''t the composers give out music thinkin'' we can appreciate it. ''Blust,'' they say, ''the masses is too stupid for us to come down to them. Blust,'' they say, ''if they don''t make no effort why should we bother?'''' So you know who come along? The slop singers and the pop writers and the film makers and the women''s magazines and the tabloid papers and the picture-strip love stories - thaas who come along, and you don''t hev to make no effort for them, it come easy… The whole stinkin'' commercial world insults us and we don''t care a damn. Well Nora''s right - it''s our own bloody fault. We want the third-rate - we got it!"

[quote user="nutty nigel"]EMPTY SPACE

[/quote]Did somebody say something?No? 

[quote user="Kent Canary"]Seriously...are these people real?

The lad who phoned up to state that Chris Martin shouldn''t have tried to round the keeper like that when he hadn''t even been to the game or watched it should be locked in his room for ten years! You don''t know what he did...shut up!

The idiot that called up to state that Jackson and Wilbraham are not good enough to play for Norwich...Simeon is playing in a system that doesn''t suit him and Wilbraham has been very good since he signed....do these people ever see any of the games?

Makes me sick, I had to switch it off after five minutes...wall to wall bloody idiots!
[/quote]

It''s getting boring seeing these threads criticizing callers to Canary Call and what an arrogant subject heading. Personally, I really enjoy listening to Canary Call, I have alot of time for Neil Adams. It really doesn''t bother me at all if people call in with opinions that differ from mine and if on occasions the views expressed are silly then I might allow myself to smile indulgently as I sip my beer. As other posters on this thread have pointed out, there''s plenty of random General Idiots on this MB.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

EMPTY SPACE

[/quote]

Did somebody say something?

No? 

[/quote]

Dear oh bloody dear...

What a silly little fellow you are to be sure....

I expected more from you, if you don''t pull your pants up short shrift I will be getting my promotion sooner than I expected.

Let me try....

This is the result of dumbing NCFC down and changing it from a passionate community club into a la de da family theatre.

Not enough passionate grassroot fans who are happy to be heard... and too many luvvies who think such behaviour is ''most unseemly''. Despite the best efforts of the new regime it will take years to throw off the painfully squeaky image Delia Smith has inflicted on us.

Bring back the ''casual fan'' and reduce the season ticket stranglehold and things might change.

This Canary Call crap says it all about the modern game and the mentality of the support. It''s just another example of the ''look at me'' generation who love to hug the camera to polish an already over inflated ego. It''s hilarious tripe......Sad that so many like you need to cling on to Delia''s apron strings. Life existed quite nicely before she arrived...and and it will again when she leaves.

I detect some kind of ''Mother Fixation'' going on here......and that involves a fear of going out into the big wide world alone. This is the real negativity we need to address in order to move on and shows just how effective ''spin'' can be when directed at the right people.

Bring me a bucket for God''s sake.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

"Do you think we really count? You don'' wanna take any notice of what that there cook has to say about the fans bein'' all-important these days - that''s all squit! ''Cos we aren''t. Do you think when the really talented purists in the country get to work they get to work for us? Hell if they do? Do you think they don''t know we ''ont make the effort? The writers don''t write thinkin'' we can understand, nor the painters don''t paint expectin'' us to be interested - that they don''t, nor don''t the composers give out music thinkin'' we can appreciate it. ''Blust,'' they say, ''the masses is too stupid for us to come down to them. Blust,'' they say, ''if they don''t make no effort why should we bother?'''' So you know who come along? The slop singers and the pop writers and the film makers and the women''s magazines and the tabloid papers and the picture-strip love stories - thaas who come along, and you don''t hev to make no effort for them, it come easy… The whole stinkin'' commercial world insults us and we don''t care a damn. Well Nora''s right - it''s our own bloody fault. We want the third-rate - we got it!"

[/quote]

--

"Oh hell, I hed enough of nutty - let him talk for a while he''ll soon get fed up."

---

Touché, nutty. I assume that the Norfolk purist, with his Roots deep in the county, is only pretending not to get this joke...[;)]

[quote user="morty"]Cluck, are you arguing with yourself lol?[/quote]They say that ''imitation is the greatest form of flattery''....  [:)]Bring it on.

[quote user="Al Catraz"]

[quote user="Kent Canary"]Seriously...are these people real?

The lad who phoned up to state that Chris Martin shouldn''t have tried to round the keeper like that when he hadn''t even been to the game or watched it should be locked in his room for ten years! You don''t know what he did...shut up!

The idiot that called up to state that Jackson and Wilbraham are not good enough to play for Norwich...Simeon is playing in a system that doesn''t suit him and Wilbraham has been very good since he signed....do these people ever see any of the games?

Makes me sick, I had to switch it off after five minutes...wall to wall bloody idiots!
[/quote]

It''s getting boring seeing these threads criticizing callers to Canary Call and what an arrogant subject heading. Personally, I really enjoy listening to Canary Call, I have alot of time for Neil Adams. It really doesn''t bother me at all if people call in with opinions that differ from mine and if on occasions the views expressed are silly then I might allow myself to smile indulgently as I sip my beer. As other posters on this thread have pointed out, there''s plenty of random General Idiots on this MB.

[/quote]

Particularly when the original poster has picked a call that is not too far off the mark. I did go the game and to be fair I think that you could argue that Chrissy M made the wrong decision, that is football.

I have been playing and watching football for so long and so intently that I don''t know much else. And for that reason I can confidently say that a player, his team mates, his opponents, all staff from both clubs, their fans, fans of all other clubs who happen to see it on the telly and even their friends and family who have no interest in the game but has decided to join the debate with their viewing front room public with the TV pundits will be questioning so many moves of whether a player has made the correct decision. Even Chrissy himself will have considered if he could have done something different. And surprisingly enough - some people disagree sometimes.

And to be fair to the "idiot" that said Jackson and Wilbraham are not good enough to play for Norwich I haven''t yet seen anything to say they are. I hope so much that they turn out to be great for us but so far they do not seem to be good enough. I personally disagree about the system with Jackson, he is a striker who plays up front. It seems to me that he is struggling to hold the ball after poor first touches, struggling to get past an opponent to create space or an opening or pass and very much struggling to stay on his feet. Perhaps when he can show that he has improved with the basics of the game we could discuss the system that does not suit him.  

" Makes me sick, I had to switch it off after five minutes...wall to wall bloody idiots!" - shame you weren''t well and couldn''t listen anymore Kent, I hope all those stupid people crowding your house didn''t get in your way as you were running to the bog.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Why did I just know that a thread with "General Idiots" in the title would be swarming with "purists"? [^o)][/quote]The PURISTS mission... should we choose to accept it... is to return NCFC to it''s County roots and thence secure it''s future as the community club it once was (and will be again) when the tired old cook has packed her bags and left for Portman Road.We exist and will persevere in our quest for as long as it takes.General Idiots along with certain other distant locality based ''fans'' (laughable) will play no part in the PURIST view of what NCFC should be.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="lappinitup"]Why did I just know that a thread with "General Idiots" in the title would be swarming with "purists"? [^o)][/quote]

The PURISTS mission... should we choose to accept it... is to return NCFC to it''s County roots and thence secure it''s future as the community club it once was (and will be again) when the tired old cook has packed her bags and left for Portman Road.

We exist and will persevere in our quest for as long as it takes.

General Idiots along with certain other distant locality based ''fans'' (laughable) will play no part in the PURIST view of what NCFC should be.
[/quote]

Thank Christ for that.I''d rather eat my own poo than belong to a group of ''Purist'' gumbies!Nowt but a bunch of local,yokel tw@s by the sounds of it![:)]

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="lappinitup"]Why did I just know that a thread with "General Idiots" in the title would be swarming with "purists"? [^o)][/quote]

The PURISTS mission... should we choose to accept it... is to return NCFC to it''s County roots and thence secure it''s future as the community club it once was (and will be again) when the tired old cook has packed her bags and left for Portman Road.

General Idiots along with certain other distant locality based ''fans'' (laughable) will play no part in the PURIST view of what NCFC should be.
[/quote]

Thank Christ for that.I''d rather eat my own poo than belong to a group of ''Purist'' gumbies!Nowt but a bunch of local,yokel tw@s by the sounds of it![:)]

[/quote]

What is wrong with being a local yokel. You may have your gripe with the purists but I cannot uderstand why an NCFC fan would use local and yokel in a derisory manner. Surely that is what the vast majority of our fans are made of. You are surely giving all the ammunition needed to prove them right.

[quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorting this club out is a serious business and we don''t want any limp wristed participants when we have our group sperm donation to ensure the purist support continues long after we have slipped this mortal coil.

You simply aren''t up to the standard required.....

For those who''s wrists are strong enough to join us at the session please listen to our anthem  and learn it for the next meeting.

[quote user="The gut"][quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="lappinitup"]Why did I just know that a thread with "General Idiots" in the title would be swarming with "purists"? [^o)][/quote]The PURISTS mission... should we choose to accept it... is to return NCFC to it''s County roots and thence secure it''s future as the community club it once was (and will be again) when the tired old cook has packed her bags and left for Portman Road.We exist and will persevere in our quest for as long as it takes.General Idiots along with certain other distant locality based ''fans'' (laughable) will play no part in the PURIST view of what NCFC should be. [/quote]

[/quote]

What is wrong with being a local yokel. You may have your gripe with the purists but I cannot uderstand why an NCFC fan would use local and yokel in a derisory manner. Surely that is what the vast majority of our fans are made of. You are surely giving all the ammunition needed to prove them right.

[/quote]In a nutshell...... Yet another Norwich hating psuedo Norwich City fan. A PURIST loves his City and County and NCFC is just part of that overall attachment.Well spotted Guts.  

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="lappinitup"]Why did I just know that a thread with "General Idiots" in the title would be swarming with "purists"? [^o)][/quote]The PURISTS mission... should we choose to accept it... is to return NCFC to it''s County roots and thence secure it''s future as the community club it once was (and will be again) when the tired old cook has packed her bags and left for Portman Road.[/quote]Brilliant idea, lets sack Paul Lambert and replace him with Dave Stringer and get rid of all the players who weren''t born in Norfolk, Dave Stringer will then have a squad consisting of Matthew Gill, Declan Rudd, Tom Adeyemi and Jed Steer.

The gut,it was meant in a derisory manner,as i could picture the Purists standing on Norfolks borders,singing their anthem,pitchforks in hand,turning away anyone that can''t prove they are from there!

[quote user="Herman "]The gut,it was meant in a derisory manner,as i could picture the Purists standing on Norfolks borders,singing their anthem,pitchforks in hand,turning away anyone that can''t prove they are from there![/quote]

I kind of like that picture Herman [;)]