Sign in to follow this  
Jack Barak

Canary Call and General Idiots

Seriously...are these people real? The lad who phoned up to state that Chris Martin shouldn''t have tried to round the keeper like that when he hadn''t even been to the game or watched it should be locked in his room for ten years! You don''t know what he did...shut up!The idiot that called up to state that Jackson and Wilbraham are not good enough to play for Norwich...Simeon is playing in a system that doesn''t suit him and Wilbraham has been very good since he signed....do these people ever see any of the games?Makes me sick, I had to switch it off after five minutes...wall to wall bloody idiots!

Have to say I couldn''t agree more, it''s ridiculous how people come on who haven''t been to the game and start telling Lambo what he did wrong.

That goon who said Olly Johnson should be recalled, you have to laugh. I just sometimes wish Adams would put some of them in their place a bit more. It''s amazing how much better a player you are once you''re out of the team!

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]

Have to say I couldn''t agree more, it''s ridiculous how people come on who haven''t been to the game and start telling Lambo what he did wrong.

That goon who said Olly Johnson should be recalled, you have to laugh. I just sometimes wish Adams would put some of them in their place a bit more. It''s amazing how much better a player you are once you''re out of the team!

[/quote]Exactly, when Martin was playing they all wanted Jackson on, Jackson plays and he should be killed and replaced with Martin...FFS, Strikers take time to find confidence and sometimes it just doesn''t go for them.It annoyed me so much I almost phoned up today...I despair.

I listened yesterday, probably for the first time in 2 or 3 years and had to turn it off, where the hell do they get these people, its embarrassing and cringeworthy.

[quote user="morty"]I listened yesterday, probably for the first time in 2 or 3 years and had to turn it off, where the hell do they get these people, its embarrassing and cringeworthy.
[/quote]

Most of them are what I call fireside fans and wouldn''t know where the hell Carrow road is, and have never left thier village''s, I honestly believe that this calling in should be scrapped and replaced with 2-or 3 players or former players in the studio rather like    M O T D,at least people would stay tuned a bit longer

[quote user="morty"]I listened yesterday, probably for the first time in 2 or 3 years and had to turn it off, where the hell do they get these people, its embarrassing and cringeworthy.
[/quote]

There used to be a bloke called Tony, who regularly called. I honestly think he was related to the producer. He never went to the games, got about 20 minutes on air and would end up interviewing Adams...(tell me Naaaail, as an ex pro, what did you most enjoy as you pre match meal?).

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="morty"]I listened yesterday, probably for the first time in 2 or 3 years and had to turn it off, where the hell do they get these people, its embarrassing and cringeworthy.[/quote]

Most of them are what I call fireside fans and wouldn''t know where the hell Carrow road is, and have never left thier village''s, I honestly believe that this calling in should be scrapped and replaced with 2-or 3 players or former players in the studio rather like    M O T D,at least people would stay tuned a bit longer

[/quote]Yeah, agree with this.

I suspect many of you are more ashamed of the accent than of what is actually being said.Wannabe cor blimey Cockneys ashamed of your roots.

Seriously though, they''re just fans expressing an opinion much the same as we do here and don''t forget this board has it''s fair share of idiots as well.

I challenge anyone who''s criticising those callers on here to ring up Canary Call next week, give an opinion and then report back here that you were Dave from Old Costessey or whatever. Any takers?

I used to text Canary Call. Different name every week Phil from Filby, Heather from Hethersett and so on. They were serious texts about the games and they read them out for quite a few weeks. But Matt from Mattishall could never get on and after three weeks trying I gave up [|-)]

I can''t believe I agree with Cluckin'' Nora ........................

I''m going for a lay down!

[quote user="The Trumpington Riot"]How on earth do posters on this board have the nerve to criticise "Canary Call"? Have you not noticed that this is a haven for crass stupidity and ignorance - witness the criticisms that have been on here about Grant Holt and Russell Martin etc.[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I used to text Canary Call. Different name every week Phil from Filby, Heather from Hethersett and so on. They were serious texts about the games and they read them out for quite a few weeks. But Matt from Mattishall could never get on and after three weeks trying I gave up [|-)]

[/quote]

A Dick from Dickleburgh......fairly apt....

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Say''s the great Jessie from Jesmond....

Dick from Dickleburgh never did text in....

I wonder why[*-)]

You should call Canary Call....

Pet.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "]I suspect many of you are more ashamed of the accent than of what is actually being said.

Wannabe cor blimey Cockneys ashamed of your roots.

[/quote]

I think you make a good point there, PC. I remember not so long ago some fool posting on here (pronounced hair) about how embarrassing they found a televised interview with various (Norwich) market boys. I don''t know whether they were expecting to hear an Old Kent Road brogue, thick Glaswegian, psuedo posh, universal student, or quite what. SHOCK, HORROR! Norwich market boys speak with a Broad Norfolk accent!

Always has been and always will be ridiculous comments made by Norwich fans at football games!

Cabbage call just gives them a media stage to do it on!

I remember years ago explaining to a regular moaner near me on who expected Norwich to never make mistakes and do everything right - If they achieved what you wanted then Norwich would be the best team on the planet!

But I''m proud of my Norfolk accent and don''t apreciate Cockney wannabes mocking it!

If the big smokes that good - why don''t you just F off there then!

How nice it is to hear that Norfolk Pride is alive and well... despite the Gay overtones this expression has in modern parlance.Despite what others would have us believe, we have the finest City in the land as our own..... inhabited by the most astute of local people. That''s why I view NCFC as our club and woe betide anyone who sets about trying to ruin it.  [Y]

I didn''t listen to Canary call, (hope i didnt miss anything)but notice a point made above. wilbraham! has he played well since he has been here? he doesn''t look anywhere near like scoring when he comes on.

Wilbraham from what I''ve seen of him doesn''t look good enough though hes better than playing a lightweight youngster who doesn''t get stuck in!

We need another striker with consistancy and end product levels like Holts!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wonder why[*-)]

Pet.

[/quote]

You could text canary call and be Ian Bred from Ingoldisthorpe.....''Bor.''

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wonder why[*-)]

Pet.

[/quote]

[/quote]

How are you with Cluckin'' Nora''s Norfolk pride pet?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wonder why[*-)]

Pet.

[/quote]

[/quote]

How are you with Cluckin'' Nora''s Norfolk pride pet?

[/quote]

About the same as you are with ''furriner fans'' of NCFC.........''Bor''....

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

nigel from norwich.

What''s your accent like?

Me? I''ve got a bit of a lilt from my travels.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]Ditto Bly.It''s those travels that broaden the mind and reinforce the sense of belonging.  A goldfish doesn''t understand that it lives in a bowl unless it has experienced something different.Quite a few unworldly goldfish swimming around on here.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

nigel from norwich.

What''s your accent like?

Me? I''ve got a bit of a lilt from my travels.

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Ditto Bly.

It''s those travels that broaden the mind and reinforce the sense of belonging.  A goldfish doesn''t understand that it lives in a bowl unless it has experienced something different.

Quite a few unworldly goldfish swimming around on here.
[/quote]

How strange that two such narrow minded posters should claim to have broad minds. I guess the irony is lost on some.

Abesence makes the sense of belonging grow stronger....

What an interesting thought....

How does that work for mello?

[8]No matter where I roam
I will return to my Carrow Road

For no bonds can ever tempt me away

I''ve sailed the seven seas,
Flown the whole blue sky.
But I''ve returned with haste to where my
Love does lie.
No matter where I go I will come back to my Carrow Road

For nothing, "could" ever "tempt" me away.
I''ve tried my secret Spurs -
I''ve even tried Dean Court
Caught the wild wind home
To hear The Barclay roar
No matter where I roam
I will return to my Carrow Road
For no bonds can ever keep me away.

Isn''t that sooooo heart warming....

But what about...

[8]For I''m the type of boy who is always on the roam, mm,
wherever I lay my hat that''s my team....

How does that work?