Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Cody Mc Scores after 5 mins

lol sorry but Cureton has been banging them in for Exeter this season but there is hardly any mention of him....I know McDonald is still on our books but we can''t use him till next season if we do ever use him again....

Like you say Cody is a Norwich player. Curo is a useless ex player. I know what you mean Peas, we know we can''t get him, but it is nice to see him banging in the goals.

I''m not one to over-react and moan that some of our strikers aren''t doing it and he is banging them in, BUT it would be a shame if we didn''t give him a try (if we don''t go up that is) next season as he has done more than expected.

The games and goals at pro level can''t hurt...its exactly why PL has put him there.

He must be an absolute star down there?

Dont know why it is such a problem peas. We sent him out on loan to return a better player, looks like we have succeeded. Fact is like it or not his record is now much better than both Holt and Jackson in league 2 and as it it stands he could break league 2 records. If he returns and bangs them in for us brill, if he does not fair play to the guy he has shown he is a professional footballer by trade and not a scaffolder.

Lambert is King....Your explination I 100% agree with.

My problem is the thread that gets started everytime he scores, then the debate that sparks everytime about whether he is better than Simeon Jackson...you can''t compare the two as they are in completely different leagues.

Cody is rapidly closing in on Le Fondre as top scorer in the league, and is now only one behind on 17. Today he has scored with his right and left left foot. How we could do with him at the moment !!  If only we could sign him..... LOL 

Talking about league 2 strikers who are banging them is Adam Le Fondre. Has more than Cody, albeit playing more games. Surely we could get on loan and test him out.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Jackson is playing in a higher league this season....[/quote]

But league 2 stats say Jackson 41 appearences 17 goals Cody 24 appearences 17 goals.

I for one am not saying that makes Cody a better player, but it does tell you that Cody has done everything asked and I bet if we dont want him back there will be plenty that do require his services.

People have said on here about Adam Le Fondre, yet Cody is going to match him as the league''s top scorer once he gets one more goal and we don''t even have to buy him! Yet people''s response is ''he''s found his level''.

Hardly fair. One silver lining if we don''t manage to win promotion this year is that Cody will be back with us and i think we''ll find he can make the step up to championship football.

I can gaurentee Cody would not be on 17 goals this season if he was still at Norwich City...

If we hadn''t have signed Simeon Jackson he would be on at least 20 goals already this season for Gillingham and the arguement would be...''why didn''t we sign Simeon Jackson''

Some fans need to get real

I really don''t understand the antagonism. Nobody seems to mind Adeyemi being mentioned when he scores.Cody is heading for a record in L2, which is pretty good by any standards. Doesn''t guarantee anything in any other league, we all know that. Whether he''s better than Jackson or not I do not know - I actually rather rate Simeon. But the commentator''s saying they were two classy looking goals tonight; his goals I saw on the Aldershot highlights looked pretty good too.The commentator also said he''s improving, getting more composed all the time. Which is good.

And  HE''S OUR FECKING PLAYER!!!So enjoy.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]I can gaurentee Cody would not be on 17 goals this season if he was still at Norwich City... If we hadn''t have signed Simeon Jackson he would be on at least 20 goals already this season for Gillingham and the arguement would be...''why didn''t we sign Simeon Jackson'' Some fans need to get real[/quote]

We will never know as I dont think you could compare the Cody that left to the Cody now. Anyway why do you keep ignoring the stats in your argument, Cody has now scored as many league goals as Jackson has in any season. Your argument says Cody should be sold as he is not good enough, do we really know that any more ?

Cody needed this season at Gillingham, it''s his first full season as a regular and he''s showing he can do it as a professional footballer. Anyone who says he''s found is level is talking rubbish as we dont know what he''d be like as a regular in our division all he can do is score in the league he finds himself in. One thing is for sure even if he doesnt stay with us, if he keeps scoring at the rate someone in league 1 or higher will be after him in the summer.

No Lambert is King you are not listening to me....

My arguement is how can people compare Simeon Jackson to Cody McDonald, it means diddly-squat what Jackson got in terms of goals in any given season, its all about the here and now, the facts are pure and simple. Currently Jackson is a Championship player and McDonald is a League Two player.

Just so we''re clear on ''my arguement'' I want Cody to come back a stronger player, the same as when Chris Martin went to Luton. But I''m sorry I have to comment when people are being so stupid about comparing a League 2 and a Championship player.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
I really don''t understand the antagonism. Nobody seems to mind Adeyemi being mentioned when he scores.

Cody is heading for a record in L2, which is pretty good by any standards. Doesn''t guarantee anything in any other league, we all know that. Whether he''s better than Jackson or not I do not know - I actually rather rate Simeon. But the commentator''s saying they were two classy looking goals tonight; his goals I saw on the Aldershot highlights looked pretty good too.
The commentator also said he''s improving, getting more composed all the time. Which is good.

And  HE''S OUR FECKING PLAYER!!!

So enjoy.

[/quote]

I think the antagonism stems from the fact that some people are being gradually proved wrong on Cody and don''t like to be reminded week after week. Those that wrote him off at the beginning of the season are being made to eat their words. I thought it was a mistake that Lambert let him go and Cody is doing his utmost to prove that.

I''m listening to the commentary now and Cody''s name is mentioned non-stop. Looks like his second hat-trick this season is only a few minutes away.

Based on some people''s logic.....

Matt Gill''s scored 2 in 3 games (or something like that) for Walsall, does that mean he''s a better player than David Fox who has only scored once for us all season?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]I really don''t understand the antagonism. Nobody seems to mind Adeyemi being mentioned when he scores.Cody is heading for a record in L2, which is pretty good by any standards. Doesn''t guarantee anything in any other league, we all know that. Whether he''s better than Jackson or not I do not know - I actually rather rate Simeon. But the commentator''s saying they were two classy looking goals tonight; his goals I saw on the Aldershot highlights looked pretty good too.The commentator also said he''s improving, getting more composed all the time. Which is good.

And  HE''S OUR FECKING PLAYER!!!So enjoy.[/quote]

I think the antagonism stems from the fact that some people are being gradually proved wrong on Cody and don''t like to be reminded week after week. Those that wrote him off at the beginning of the season are being made to eat their words. I thought it was a mistake that Lambert let him go and Cody is doing his utmost to prove that.

[/quote]Remember, though, Paul, we haven''t "let him go" - he''s ours! And Lambert''s decision has done him the power of good.I can''t see why people can''t just be happy that one of ours is doing well. But I take your point. There are some mean-spirited bar stewards here.

Cody almost completed his hat-trick there. Just put the ball over the bar, but not an easy chance according to the commentator.

... and now he just had a good shot saved by the keeper after outpacing the defence.

[quote user="Clint"]Based on some people''s logic..... Matt Gill''s scored 2 in 3 games (or something like that) for Walsall, does that mean he''s a better player than David Fox who has only scored once for us all season?[/quote]

I suppose your logic isnt flawed?. Gill is approaching the later stages of his career, Cody still has potential and is an unknown qauntity and to be fair has played more than 3 games for Gillingham. Also Scoring isnt the be all and end of of a midfielders job so the rate of Gill''s scoring is irrelevant when comparing him to Fox. I''m can understand people having reservations about Cody but at least come up with some sort of decent argument.