Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

The £2m

As these funds have apparently been known about (within the Club) since early Jan I wonder whether having this level of finance available (for player recruitment)was a condition of PL staying on. Could this be the reason that his personal confirmation that he had no interest in the Burnley post was delayed for few days?Whatever the background to this it is a fantastic gesture by Mr Foulger.

I reckon PL defo sat down and said back me with some cash or I am off!

Question is how much of this money has he already spent if we have had it since the start of Jan and whats left in the Piggy bank for this loan window.

For more views

http://theriverendmardle.moonfruit.com/#/daily-mardles/4548302728

and ireckon this is complete and utter nonsense given that that lambert said he was happy with the club''s rejection of the appraoch overnight. Besides 2m is nothing compared to the 8m parachute payments Burnley get of the 42m newly demoted clubs will get.

Good managers always know when they have reached the pinnacle of what

can be achieved at a club and this is the time to seek pastures new. PL

would have been aware that with this level of extra investment there is

still some way to go at NCFC which can only look good on his CV.I

have been following our Club for some 50 years now and he rates among

the best. Lets hope that he feels there is more potential here at the

end of this season!

Two million is a drop in the ocean in modern football. It really is peanuts.Quite why this trifling sum is generating such excitement shows how naive many of you are. Good on Foulger for putting this sum in.... but it ain''t gonna do anything other than balance Delia''s over-cooked books.Let''s have a look at the club''s mounting debts and see where £2million actually takes us?

"I reckon PL defo sat down and said back me with some cash or I am off! "

yep, that''s about the sum total of it

Each board member would have had to connive in the subsequent deceit. The club secretary would had to produce false minutes, the club treasurers, the accountants and even the two banks would have had to been in on it as well. I''m not sure about the legality of producing false records of a company''s board decisions or why the auditors who are seperate to the club would see any reason to join in this lie.

However it doesn;t end there. Lambert and, most likely the coaching staff, would have to be party to this lie. Quite a stretch of the imagination, for what.

Football managers are usually on some form of confidentiality clause, hence there being almost no ''kiss and tell'' stories afterwards. I can hardly see Lambert signing (or the club obliging him to) sign a false statement clause - whereby he has to make a false statement to the press.

But then when it''s a conspiract theory why bother with accuracy. Any old smear will do.

I suspect that there will be little more spent this season (on loans ie). I cannot imagine circumstances where the Club (or Directors etc) would go public with the funds we have available to encourage inflated asking prices for loanees. We will see.

[quote user="City1st"]"I reckon PL defo sat down and said back me with some cash or I am off! " yep, that''s about the sum total of it Each board member would have had to connive in the subsequent deceit. The club secretary would had to produce false minutes, the club treasurers, the accountants and even the two banks would have had to been in on it as well. I''m not sure about the legality of producing false records of a company''s board decisions or why the auditors who are seperate to the club would see any reason to join in this lie. However it doesn;t end there. Lambert and, most likely the coaching staff, would have to be party to this lie. Quite a stretch of the imagination, for what. Football managers are usually on some form of confidentiality clause, hence there being almost no ''kiss and tell'' stories afterwards. I can hardly see Lambert signing (or the club obliging him to) sign a false statement clause - whereby he has to make a false statement to the press. But then when it''s a conspiract theory why bother with accuracy. Any old smear will do.[/quote]

Why would all that have to have happened for the above theory to be true?

I dont necessarily agree that Lambert said any such thing or that this cash was a condition of his staying but talk about over stating the matter...

[quote user="City1st"]look it up[/quote]

No.  I have little interest in the ins and outs of a matter which was put to bed a while ago.  Your sarcasm and haughty tone irritated me hence my comment...

It seems no-one on this board - such as the OP for instance -  can post something vaguely sensible (and there is a LOT which is far from sensible!) for discussion without someone rushing to put them down with low wit or point-scoring.

Im sure you are far from the biggest culprit so no offence meant...

[quote user="Mario Harpershite"]

No.  I have little interest in the ins and outs of a matter which was put to bed a while ago.  Your sarcasm and haughty tone irritated me hence my comment...

It seems no-one on this board - such as the OP for instance -  can post something vaguely sensible (and there is a LOT which is far from sensible!) for discussion without someone rushing to put them down with low wit or point-scoring.

[/quote]Hair hair Mario......

[quote user="Mario Harpershite"]

[/quote]

I would suggest you have every right to mean as much offence as you like.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

The Turner Two''s 2 million loan......I wonder what that was spent on?

I wonder when they''ll want their wonga back?

[/quote]It''s the same £2 million as before trotted out to show Delia is active in attracting investment.Clever. Very clever.