Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Mr. Carrow

sorry just a quick question as this always bothered me when i was a season ticket holder, not sure if it still goes on now, i just remember it from when i was a kid. Anway i was wondering if anyone knew what the whole malarky was when during a game at Carrow Rd you would sometimes here over the speakers something like ''Mr. Carrow is in the Barclay, i repeat Mr. Carrow is in the Barclay''. Does anyone know what this is/was about?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Like a fag packet catching light?

[/quote]

From a pencil tip moving at the speed of sound?

[/quote]

Light.

Its also used if theres a fight that our brave, orange jacketed friends need to sort out.

[quote user="NorwichCasual"][quote user="morty"]Its also used if theres a fight that our brave, orange jacketed friends need to sort out.
[/quote] Gawd Bless ''em[/quote]

... and I thought this was was a message issued when they saw an ''offender'' standing up instead of sitting.....

Never mind Mr Carrow - what happened to the old Steptoe-like bloke who used to push the trolley of goodies round the perimeter trck before kick off and at half-time in the 80s?

He''d be a ripe old age if he''s still about.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeets, Chocolates, Hot Drinks!

The ironic thing of course is that we all know that "Mr Carrow" is code for "all is not well", so any attempt to prevent panic is doomed the moment the "bing bongs" sound and the announcement commences "Mr Carrow.....", everybody is waiting to see if it is their stand that is affected , poised to leg it to safety. Wouldn`t it be great if we got "Bing, bong...Mr Carrow has woken up in the Norwich and Peterborough stand".....or "Bing bong Mr Carrow has given Smudger a nasty chinese burn because he is a very naughty boy"...

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]The ironic thing of course is that we all know that "Mr Carrow" is code for "all is not well", so any attempt to prevent panic is doomed the moment the "bing bongs" sound and the announcement commences "Mr Carrow.....", everybody is waiting to see if it is their stand that is affected , poised to leg it to safety. Wouldn`t it be great if we got "Bing, bong...Mr Carrow has woken up in the Norwich and Peterborough stand".....or "Bing bong Mr Carrow has given Smudger a nasty chinese burn because he is a very naughty boy"...[/quote]haha I do try my best to behave SOB.  I wonder if there is a Mr Bellend Road though??? [;)]