Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

It's the supply line, not the strikers!

[quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Try and get it into your head that I am not being deliberately antagonistic, nor is there any "inner circle" conspiracy theory, but what do you base your theory on?
[/quote]

If you had phrased your question without the arrogant and provocative preliminary cr*p I might  have answered it, smarty pants.

But still. One love.

[:)]

OTBC

Why are you being bullied?

[/quote]

You really are a cock, you know that? I was giving you a chance to enter into informed debate with the grown ups.

I won''t bother again.
[/quote][/quote]

Sorry I mistakenly wrote that comment in the wrong place, now lets try again, why Bly are you being bullied? 

[/quote]

Canarygirl, I don''t get this bullying of BBB either. He is usually accused of being boring and making points that can''t be backed up.. His posts certainly aren''t the worst on here - he makes a fair point for discussion, but you can see two or three posts down how the downward spiral starts with the usual suspects. 

I don''t get who the usual suspects are Wings. Usual suspects is a broad and meaningless term. Well only meaningful for you I guess because they''re your usual suspects![:)]

As it goes this thread by Babes was reasonably interesting but I had to think twice before I joined in. So many times in the past I have tried to debate with the guy and found it impossible.

I''ve decided I''m bullied. By Cluckin Nora, mello, Butler, Babes and especially Beauseant. And some others who have disappeared since Norwich have been winning more than they lose.

Do you think I can get counselling[:^)]

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"][quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Try and get it into your head that I am not being deliberately antagonistic, nor is there any "inner circle" conspiracy theory, but what do you base your theory on?[/quote]

If you had phrased your question without the arrogant and provocative preliminary cr*p I might  have answered it, smarty pants.

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]You really are a cock, you know that? I was giving you a chance to enter into informed debate with the grown ups.I won''t bother again.[/quote][/quote]

Sorry I mistakenly wrote that comment in the wrong place, now lets try again, why Bly are you being bullied?  [/quote]

Canarygirl, I don''t get this bullying of BBB either. He is usually accused of being boring and making points that can''t be backed up.. His posts certainly aren''t the worst on here - he makes a fair point for discussion, but you can see two or three posts down how the downward spiral starts with the usual suspects. 

[/quote]There is a little ''mob'' on here who know each other off forum and simply gang up on those they want to silence. It really is rather emabarrassing.Bly has broad shoulders and handles them with ease. Envy can reveal itself in the strangest of ways. [Y]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][There is a little ''mob'' on here who know each other off forum and simply gang up on those they want to silence. It really is rather emabarrassing.

[/quote]

So how does that explain Beauseants bullying of me[:''(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][There is a little ''mob'' on here who know each other off forum and simply gang up on those they want to silence. It really is rather emabarrassing.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he is on about the PUPS who meet up at yours Nutty or those who drink in the Nelson Hotel before and after matches.

[quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Try and get it into your head that I am not being deliberately antagonistic, nor is there any "inner circle" conspiracy theory, but what do you base your theory on?
[/quote]

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

You really are a cock, you know that? I was giving you a chance to enter into informed debate with the grown ups.

I won''t bother again.
[/quote][/quote]

Sorry I mistakenly wrote that comment in the wrong place, now lets try again, why Bly are you being bullied? 

[/quote]

Canarygirl, one is only being bullied if one lets a bully affect you.

Most bullies fade away or back off if one says ''Boo'' to them because at heart they are really cowards.

Of course there are some types who never give up. In another era they might well have worked out their inadequacies as professional fooball hooligans or members of the Chase Out Loons. Nowadays they try to work out some of their aggro on fooball websites.

One love.

OTBC

Or you can just be more subtle in your insulting, and then grass me up to the forum police when you get something back you don''t like of course.[:)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]Try and get it into your head that I am not being deliberately antagonistic, nor is there any "inner circle" conspiracy theory, but what do you base your theory on?[/quote]

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]You really are a cock, you know that? I was giving you a chance to enter into informed debate with the grown ups.I won''t bother again.[/quote][/quote]

Sorry I mistakenly wrote that comment in the wrong place, now lets try again, why Bly are you being bullied?  [/quote]

Canarygirl, one is only being bullied if one lets a bully affect you.

Most bullies fade away or back off if one says ''Boo'' to them because at heart they are really cowards.

Of course there are some types who never give up. In another era they might well have worked out their inadequacies as professional fooball hooligans or members of the Chase Out Loons. Nowadays they try to work out some of their aggro on fooball websites.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]I think you take a very positive view of this, the playground behaviour was just something I noticed and had difficulty comprehending, stiff upper lip and ride on regardless, jolly good. You clearly are a strong character, the type that made this country great! 

Lol,  well done for completely missing the passive/ aggressive insulting and blatant attention seeking.Yes, poor old Bly.[:)]

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Wings of a sparrow"][quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

But still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]There is a little ''mob'' on here who know each other off forum and simply gang up on those they want to silence. It really is rather emabarrassing.Bly has broad shoulders and handles them with ease. Envy can reveal itself in the strangest of ways. [Y][/quote]

That really is a rather silly way to behave. I would  have thought one would  wish to encourage a broad church  of opinion on the forum?

[quote user="morty"]Lol,  well done for completely missing the passive/ aggressive insulting and blatant attention seeking.Yes, poor old Bly.[:)][/quote]

There are many fellow posters to have a propensity to attention seek I have noticed.

[quote user="canarygirl"][quote user="morty"]Lol,  well done for completely missing the passive/ aggressive insulting and blatant attention seeking.Yes, poor old Bly.[:)][/quote]

There are many fellow posters to have a propensity to attention seek I have noticed. [/quote]Sly dig?By definition, posting opinions, just like you have, on an internet forum is courting attention, isn''t it?

Personally I believe its a bit of both.  In a perfect world we would have signed Bennet plus a reconised striker with a proven scoring record at this level.  If I had to chose between them then without doubt it would be a striker as Holt seems to be our only striker that can hit the back of the net.  I also believe that it would take some pressure off our defence if teams had more to worry about than just Holt up front.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Well, it seems that the majority of people on this thread think that Lambert and I are wrong.

Why did we try so hard to waste those scarce funds on Elliott Bennett in January if what we really need is a million pound striker instead? Any twist you put on it, Bennett is essentially a midfielder.

I know which company I prefer.

OTBC

[/quote]Did you manage to watch a stream of the game on Saturday Bly? After a relatively poor first half, we again took the game to a team away from home, created plenty of chances and just didn''t put them away. Having Bennett would undoubtedly have strengthened the squad, and  given us even more creative potential. I think we all agree that our strikers are off form at the moment, and if one or more of them hit a purple patch we will not have any problems scoring enough goals.[/quote]

I saw the Burnley match three hours time-delayed in living colour on cable - Fox Sports Plus - on big screen TV.

And I made sure I didn''t hear the result before I watched it.

Would you like any more details?

OTBC

P.S. I also saw the South Wales derby  complete with Bellars goal. Did you?

P.P.S. I also saw 3 Prem matches live. Did you?

[/quote]

I was just wondering if you''d seen the match so we could discuss the match having watched the same thing, not trying to initiate some kind of point-scoring exercise. Are you this defensive in real life? It seems to me like there are some deep-seated and unresolved psychological issues that you need addressing. Just because I talk to you, doesn''t mean I want to start a fight with you!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I just wish people would admit that they do not like Bly or his posts rather trying to be clever about it. Some of his posts are obtuse, so I tend to ignore them, but others do spark a debate, like this one....[/quote]I shall happily admit that I don''t like him or his posts, surely I have mad that clear lol!?But the fact of the matter is that my particular internet spat with him is about something that was said on here ages ago, he likely doesn''t remember anyway. But its his subtle digs, including observing and trying to ridicule anything I let slip about my personal life or job, and then playing the poor old victim that have continued this. The people that tend to have a go at him aren''t part of any mythical inner circle, more people who have been here long enough to be sick of his recycling of internet facts and inane ramblings.I tried to engage him on his original subject early on in the thread and it was thrown back in my face.[:)]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I just wish people would admit that they do not like Bly or his posts rather trying to be clever about it. Some of his posts are obtuse, so I tend to ignore them, but others do spark a debate, like this one....[/quote]See my original post at the bottom of page 2, and then see his reply. This is why he drives me to distraction - I tried to engage in discussion, without even expressing a contrary viewpoint, yet all I got was condescension in return. I have tried a few times to discuss things with Bly, but he threatens to bring out the worst in me. I love a good debate, but I don''t think I have ever once seen Bly backtrack, apologise, or openly consider the merits of a contrary viewpoint. To be honest, I find Bly to be the most irritating, self-righteous poster I have ever encountered on any internet message board, and believe me I''ve frequented a few.That said, I''d still be more than happy to have a reasoned debate on my original responses to the OP, although seeing as I''m not presenting a contrary or aggressive viewpoint, it''ll probably just get ignored. Come on Bly, try again. All I want is intelligent discussion.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I just wish people would admit that they do not like Bly or his posts rather trying to be clever about it. Some of his posts are obtuse, so I tend to ignore them, but others do spark a debate, like this one....[/quote]But what is there not to like?It''s just collective cowardice and Bly is more than capable of standing his ground. THAT is the bit the mob can handle.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I just wish people would admit that they do not like Bly or his posts rather trying to be clever about it. Some of his posts are obtuse, so I tend to ignore them, but others do spark a debate, like this one....[/quote]But what is there not to like?It''s just collective cowardice and Bly is more than capable of standing his ground. THAT is the bit the mob can handle.[/quote]And you just like posting ANYTHING to stir stuff up.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he is on about the PUPS who meet up at yours Nutty or those who drink in the Nelson Hotel before and after matches.

[/quote]

Exactly Tilly. And those posters who meet up have a complete range of opinion on this messageboard. I doubt there''s ever been a thread where they''ve come close to being in agreement. This "ganging up" just doesn''t happen.

Now there is another group of posters on here who refuse to defend their opinions in reasoned debate. That''s why these threads often disintergrate into personal arguments. It''s not ideal and I am as guilty as the next for taking part. But look and see what causes this to happen time after time.

Interesting.  I made a thread yesterday, which got precisely 4 replies.  I''ve popped in here to see why this thread is on 6 pages.  I was expecting some kind of analysis or discussion about the football.  But no - it''s about some boys moaning about other boys being mean to them, or about how this boy who starts the conversations thinking he''s smarter than he is, but it turns out that he''s completely incomprehensible, or about the boy who thinks that all the other boys are in a bigger gang, because he''s in a gang of one.Football - funny old game...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I was expecting some kind of analysis or discussion about the football. Football

[/quote]

There''s some on this thread if you look for it. But it hardly gets any response either from those who are seen to be mean or, more interestingly, those who point out others are mean.

[quote user="morty"]But the fact of the matter is that my particular internet spat with him is about something that was said on here ages ago, he likely doesn''t remember anyway.[:)]

[/quote]

But you are probably the only one or one of a few who knows this and to others it seems that every time Bly posts you are down his throat.

At the end of the day you and others and Bly seem to need the last word and it is all about ego, don''t worry - we all have one, nothing personal, but if it was a simple disagreement you could sort it out by pm but instead it has to be an argument won in public - and yet it is never won!

[quote user="itstheruddyfuture"][quote user="morty"]But the fact of the matter is that my particular internet spat with him is about something that was said on here ages ago, he likely doesn''t remember anyway.[:)]

[/quote]

But you are probably the only one or one of a few who knows this and to others it seems that every time Bly posts you are down his throat.

At the end of the day you and others and Bly seem to need the last word and it is all about ego, don''t worry - we all have one, nothing personal, but if it was a simple disagreement you could sort it out by pm but instead it has to be an argument won in public - and yet it is never won![/quote]Plenty of people know it. And theres plenty of his threads I don''t comment on, I actually have better things to do.And no, its not at all about ego or some kind of pissing contest.For me its about having a bit of a laugh, discussing football and having some banter. I gave him the option of discussing the actual subject he started the thread on, on page one, and he decided to get all pissy. I think if you look closer he''s only here to annoy and wind people up, rather than to actually discuss anything and/ or listen to other people''s views.Rather smacks of "I am older than you so ergo must know better"

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]With Surman returning what about trying Hoolahan upfront with Holt?[/quote]Have we played Hoolahan directly up front before? I can''t actually recall.You would have thought that Lambert would have thought of it by now really!