Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

I think Chrissy Martin should start tomorrow

I think he will have real drive and determination having not played for the last few games, he''ll want to prove to everyone he can cut it in the Championship, and most of all prove to Lambert he is a worthy partner for Holt.

Jackson has worked very hard in Martin''s absense, but goals win matches and I''d trust Martin over Jackson to score in a one on one with Federici.

Thoughts?

Hmmmm, neither are scoring, and both could probably do with a run in the team to get a goal and build some confidence.The answer clearly is to play both and drop Holt.[:)]

[quote user="Mushroom"]

I think he will have real drive and determination having not played for the last few games, he''ll want to prove to everyone he can cut it in the Championship, and most of all prove to Lambert he is a worthy partner for Holt.

Jackson has worked very hard in Martin''s absense, but goals win matches and I''d trust Martin over Jackson to score in a one on one with Federici.

Thoughts?

[/quote]I agree with this - also. the team seems to function better as a unit with Holt, Martin and Hoolahan in it, and Chrissy seems the only player willing to have a go from outside the box! To be fair, Simeon hasn''t really had many chances to miss, but I don''t think he will whilst we play a diamond formation.

If he''s ever going to score then Jackson needs to start as it''s not fair that he only gets one or two games a couple of months especially if he is one of those players who needs a few games to get up to speed, I think that Lambert will realise this too.

Let me expand on that actually.

Its fine saying ''I think Jackson should start'' But when you say, Lambert will realise this it essentially means you think your view is right, and Lambert has got it wrong so far.

How  am I saying Lambert is wrong if he is playing the player I''m arguing for?

Jesus trying to pick holes in anyones opinion which goes against yours aren''t you?

And for the record I meant to say Lambert would have realised this.

If Martin and Holt are up for it like they were at Reading then hell YES they should both start. Simples. Wes, Crofts, Fox and Lansbury in middle - late appearances for McNamee/Surman/Korey maybe. Get that big scoreline that we should have had at their place. 4-1 to us!

I''m more than happy for Jackson to start. In fact i thought he would start scoring immediately. So it isn''t going against my opinion (Yes i prefer Chris Martin, and think he''s a better player, but he hasn''t been scoring and at the moment that is becoming an issue.) But how you worded it, quite clearly said Lambert would realise that your statement was correct. IF you didn''t mean that then fair enough. But if we can all go back and re-word our posts afterwards, half the arguments on here wouldn''t happen.

Clearly there are two camps here. One camp says Martin has had many chances and Jackson deserves a good run out, and the other camp says Jackson has not looked Championship standard and Martin offers more even when he is not scoring.

Whichever camp you are in, you have to get behind the players on the pitch. If Chrissy Martin has an early chance and skews it wide, I wait on baited breath for the moaners to raise their voices straight away. Same for Jackson, and it helps no one.

I would punt for Martin too. I do think he links the play a lot better and makes defenders move with him, leaving space for Hooly and the others to move forward. Maybe a bit of time on the bench will have given him some exta motivation.

[quote user="Bebop and Rocksteady"]I would punt for Martin too. I do think he links the play a lot better and makes defenders move with him, leaving space for Hooly and the others to move forward. Maybe a bit of time on the bench will have given him some exta motivation.[/quote]totally agree and i think martin may bag 2 tommorrow

I think Lambo has a real problem. I believe he thinks Martin could be a good player but has a real problem with his ''attitude''.

Martin has a marvellous shot on him. There are far too many games when I think his body language and contribution is very poor.

During Lamberts reign he has tried everything to motivate the guy. For example, despite some really disappointing performances lately, he pops up as a sub last Sat and looked superb.

It was a similar situation last year.

Frankly if Lambo can''t do anything with him no one will.

Martin must come to terms with himself and his private situation or else he will find himself on the slide.

I don''t think that Chrissy has an attitude, he has a slight arrogance, like a lot of good players. People don''t know him and if he had a bad attitude, I don''t think that Lambo would have in him the squad at all.

OP, I''m not saying that you are, but people need to leave of Martin, the lad is young and is a Norwich player and come from our youth set up. He has got a lot of talent and sometimes his head and football brain work are too much for other players. The way he gets into space is lovely, he makes the defender draw back and splits the central defence up. We have had many a debate about Martin and I''m firmly in the camp of keeping him and this debate that he doesn''t run enough, needs to end now. If he ran like a headless chicken and chased every ball, then we would have no players up front.