Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

most annoying songs

Bit bored this morning so I was browsing through some videos of us beating Ipswich on youtube (cheers me up for the day) and came across some which really make me cringe. One was of Norwich fans in the train station afterwards singing "lets all have a disco", this song makes me cringe every time I hear it at a match, sing the proper version at least. What song has really annoyed you down the years?

i enjoy the OTBC song but its annoying how many times we sing it on matchday...especially away ... i think we need more of a varity of songs

For me it''s all the songs that the club insist on blasting from every speaker half an hour before kick-off making it impossible for the fans to create an atmosphere. [:S]

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]Never liked the Hucka Hucka Huckerby song.[/quote]OK, more a song I like, but heard this at palace.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELtE2QWbdIkWould be good to steal it for a Norwich version

[quote user="Wings of a sparrow"]Never liked the Hucka Hucka Huckerby song.[/quote]When I saw the thread title, I was going to say exactly the same thing. A legend of Hucks'' stature deserved so much better than that! There were times around Christmas when we''d sing ''the twelve days of Huckerby'', like Man U used to do for Cantona. I liked that.

Deano! Deano!
Leroy! Leroy!
Greeno! Greeno!
Earnie! Earnie!
Oli! Oli!

Those incredibly boring, uninventive and repetitive ones that are just recycled for every player that can possibly be given a two-syllable nickname.

I don''t like West Ham''s Song, ''I''m forever blowing bubbles'' because its rather catchy, and its quite annoying knowing the whole of West Hams song :P

"i enjoy the OTBC song"

It''s not a song anymore, just a hysterical shriek

Can you imagine ''I''m forever blowin'' bubbles'' , ''Keep right on to the end of the road'' or even ''You''ll never walk alone'' reduced to a mad bark

Two songs that drive me to distraction are,''We''re the Snakepit...'', and ''Stand up if y''hate the scum'', both so bloody predictable. But then, '' He scored against the scum,(insert player, theres been many of them), never seems to tire!

[quote user="Congo Canary"]Two songs that drive me to distraction are,''We''re the Snakepit...'', and ''Stand up if y''hate the scum'', both so bloody predictable. But then, '' He scored against the scum,(insert player, theres been many of them), never seems to tire![/quote]

Learn your history and you might enjoy the song! ''Stand up if y''hate the scum'', Ipswich do sit down...... but then you probably wont know that! sat in yarmouth library!

[quote user="marvin the martian"]We shoot burglars, and the one about your mum buying you a toy binner on the end of a piece of string. Both pathetic, both sung by school kids pretending they''re hard.[/quote]

Maybe you should start going to games get involved changing songs, instead of making stupid quotes but fans who are trying to create an atmosphere!

How about the ''Y''army'' song/chant.

Unfortunately the half deaf old codgers in the Jarrold turn it into ''Norwich, Norwich...'' ad infinitum, which is a tad cringeworthy!

Canary Charge Wrote''''Learn your history and you might enjoy the song! ''Stand up if y''hate the scum'', Ipswich do sit down...... but then you probably wont know that! sat in yarmouth library! ''''

?? and what exactly warranted that reply?, Just for your information nobead, i''ve been Barclay born an bred since the age of 4, ( and now the ripe old age of 42), and still a season ticket holder even though i spend at least 7 months of the year away from home!

I know i shouldn''t even bother replying to idiots like you, but you are a prime example why people don''t visit these boards like they used to.

I relish the opportunity of challenging your reply, F uckwit!

[quote user="Congo Canary"]Canary Charge Wrote''''Learn your history and you might enjoy the song! ''Stand up if y''hate the scum'', Ipswich do sit down...... but then you probably wont know that! sat in yarmouth library! ''''

?? and what exactly warranted that reply?, Just for your information nobead, i''ve been Barclay born an bred since the age of 4, ( and now the ripe old age of 42), and still a season ticket holder even though i spend at least 7 months of the year away from home!

I know i shouldn''t even bother replying to idiots like you, but you are a prime example why people don''t visit these boards like they used to.

I relish the opportunity of challenging your reply, F uckwit![/quote]And you dear sir have just summed up exactly why you would try to be little a city song! 7 months away i suppose you think you are doing Norwich a favour by having you season ticket when in actual fact people like you stop singers getting together!

Read the title by the original Poster! It says'' Most annoying songs''. This to most people would be a personal opinion to what he/ finds annoying. Of which i replied.

However,''Dear sir'', had it stated, ''Most annoying Poster'', You very well may have been near the top of my list.

Seven months away, is not in one lump, and i try and do most of my time away during the close season. I still manage at least fifteen games per season, not that this is any business of yours.

As for stopping singers getting together? Give y'' head a bang man, seating did that years ago.

[quote user="Congo Canary"]Read the title by the original Poster! It says'' Most annoying songs''. This to most people would be a personal opinion to what he/ finds annoying. Of which i replied.

However,''Dear sir'', had it stated, ''Most annoying Poster'', You very well may have been near the top of my list.

Seven months away, is not in one lump, and i try and do most of my time away during the close season. I still manage at least fifteen games per season, not that this is any business of yours.

As for stopping singers getting together? Give y'' head a bang man, seating did that years ago.[/quote]good........... my point sank! and happy to wave your flag with most annoying poster!

What point! You merely took one thread that didnt agree with your superior opinion decided to make yourself look ridicules, by questioning my support.

Still can''t quite work out where your coming from or what Yarmouth library has to do with it? However, it obviously means alot to you.. Which brings me back to my point that stupidity like yours is why many posters dont bother anymore.

Oh whats coming next, an attack on my post rating..?

[quote user="Congo Canary"]What point! You merely took one thread that didnt agree with your superior opinion decided to make yourself look ridicules, by questioning my support.

Still can''t quite work out where your coming from or what Yarmouth library has to do with it? However, it obviously means alot to you.. Which brings me back to my point that stupidity like yours is why many posters dont bother anymore.

Oh whats coming next, an attack on my post rating..?[/quote]noop... ill stick to my point that norwich for all its fans is supported by tulips like you! happy to sit back and rip songs that actually make norwich what it is! maybe you should think about an extended stay in the congo!

God, i know i really shouldn''t be doing this as one so stupid could only be on a wind up, but hey you really got my goat.

So lets get this straight, from my reply that i don''t like two songs, which most people will probably agree, are predictably sung every match, even if its a particularly quiet match, (sorry i forgot its my fault there are no singers), you can deduce my level of support, and that im from Yarmouth (which i''m not, and Gorleston has it''s own library you know).

However, from your point, i can deduce that you are not very bright, and that you are probably from the Snakepit.

And what exactly do these two songs in particular make, ''Norwich what it is''. ?

Safri''s, McViegh''s and numerous others make us original. Unfortunately, IN MY OPINION, i think the two in question make us a tad predictable. However, i do bow down to your superior knowledge.

I just hope that your Avatar is not your passport photo..

This "I wanna go home" one that seems to have sprung up in recent weeks.  If you want to go home - dont go to the away game in the first place then! 

[quote user="Congo Canary"]God, i know i really shouldn''t be doing this as one so stupid could only be on a wind up, but hey you really got my goat.

So lets get this straight, from my reply that i don''t like two songs, which most people will probably agree, are predictably sung every match, even if its a particularly quiet match, (sorry i forgot its my fault there are no singers), you can deduce my level of support, and that im from Yarmouth (which i''m not, and Gorleston has it''s own library you know).

However, from your point, i can deduce that you are not very bright, and that you are probably from the Snakepit.

And what exactly do these two songs in particular make, ''Norwich what it is''. ?

Safri''s, McViegh''s and numerous others make us original. Unfortunately, IN MY OPINION, i think the two in question make us a tad predictable. However, i do bow down to your superior knowledge.

I just hope that your Avatar is not your passport photo..[/quote]

congo boy...consider this ended your boring me now!

[quote user="Congo Canary"]Morty Wrote, ''Wow, what a tit.'',

Yep, unfortunately so. Some people are beyond help or medication, even if he does live in a shell by the sea!![/quote]I kept my statement deliberately ambiguous, but you worked it out.[;)]