Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Re: Oli Johnson

You beat me too it AJ.

Only i was going to put a bit more effort in and bemoan how sending him out on loan will prove to be the biggest mistake we''ve made this season.

In all seriousness I thought he showed enough in his limited performances last season to get some kind of opportunity this season. To be honest I would rather have him playing or as a sub than Jackson right now. I am a little surprised that Lambert hasn''t given one of his own signings a bit of a chance.

I''ve just given Oli a free transfer on my FM 11 game, he wasn''t cutting it at that level either!

As for Grant Holt-well, two goals in 22 games, brought him in,had a quiet word and he went off on one, big time-no wonder the game description of him says "Confrontational"!!

Took the Captaincy away from him and he blew up again. Sorry Grant, in real life, you''re a top bloke, but in cyberspace-mutual termination, cost me £60k but don''t need that!

Anyway....as for Oli, yep, disappointing. Its a real problem not having regular reserve team football, as fringe players do not have the chance to press their claims in any way, other than turning it on, week in, week out, in training. And, I guess, a few monthsw down the line, its hard to motivate yourself without the games-hence the loans, or one of the reasons for them. I hope Oli has a chance here still, however, I suspect that this Summer, no matter where we finish, will see a lot of departures from the club, a proverbial "night of the long knives" even.

You just hope none of the soon to be dear departed comes back to haunt us, a''la a Danny Mills, but thems the risks!

I think Oli has a few months to play for his Norwich future. He needs competitive games and it was not doing him any good being an unused sub on the bench. Hopefully he will score a few which could put him in contention at the end of the season for our run in and next season. If he does not hit the net a few times between now and the end of March then it may well be the end for him here