Sign in to follow this  
Nigel Worthless

Award for Cody McDonald

Great to see Cody McDonald scoop the league 2 player of the month award. The one thing you can say about him is he always looks likely to score as he is a decent finisher.

Its a shame we couldn''t swap him for Simeon Jackson......

[quote user="Nigel Worthless"]

Great to see Cody McDonald scoop the league 2 player of the month award. The one thing you can say about him is he always looks likely to score as he is a decent finisher.

[/quote]

we did.

[quote user="Nigel Worthless"]

[/quote]

[URL=http://www.imagebam.com/image/840f7b119065768][IMG]http://thumbnails33.imagebam.com/11907/840f7b119065768.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I''m a bit surprised to see that the odds on Cody finishing top scorer in league 2 this season are still as much as 3-1. He''s only 1 goal behind LeFondre (11-8), but as he was injured for the first couple of months and has only really been banging them in from about mid october time I think its quite a good bet  - IF he can stay fit and the Gills continue to perform well I can see him running away with it, esp as LeFondre seems to have gone off the boil a bit recently..

Just announced that he will be interviewed on Talksport today. At last Cody is getting some recognition for his achievements and this will put him even more in the shop window if Lambert plans to sell him.

Cody is onloan at Gillingham and is scoring goals - good for him, he

deserves first team football. However- it''s as though people have

forgotten that Jacko did exactly that at the same club!

I know how certain posters on here love to beat Jackson with the

''quality'' of Cody Mac but for the love of gawd, have some perspective!

At Palace on saturday the girl in front of me booed Jackson every time he touched the ball- even in the warm up!

Do folk think that Cody would score with just as limited service as

Jackson (and the rest of our strikers) are currently getting?

Whats with this limited service comment?

Can you go and look at the amount of off and on target shots we have had in recent games? We always have at least 10 shots. Which over 90 mins may not be all that much, but its enough to score goals from. And of course 10 shots, probably doesn''t include blocks etc.

I still haven''t seen many/any comments with people saying Cody is all that much better than Jackson. I''ve seen more of people saying he will be crap here, won''t do anything etc. While others are saying he should/may be given a chance. And there is nothing wrong with giving him a chance next season. And i think he will be given that chance.