Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

I wonder if Delia has taken note?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-12416671

And I wonder how such a policy would go down with the faithful at Carrow Road?

Me? As far as food is concerned I was brought up to be an  ''all things in moderation'' and ''a little of what you fancy does you good'' type of guy where food is concerned. I wonder if they still serve my favourite prawn or tuna salad sandwiches or if tinned food is also taboo? [:$]

Cheers. [B]

[:)]

OTBC

This is my favourite quote from that piece.

"But I''m a traditional chips and curry sauce man myself so it doesn''t really affect me."

In what corner of hell are chips and curry sauce traditional?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

It''s perfectly normal practice in the North West of England and Yorkshire!...

[/quote]

As I said. What corner of hell.......[;)]

Curry sauce just makes your chips go soggy. All you need is salt and vinegar. Salt first and then vinegar to help distribute the salt to the lower reaches of your portion. Not too much so they go soggy though.

I really fancy some chips off the market now [:$]

[quote user="SWP"]

How ridiculous is this, why do vegans and the like always feel the need to push their ideals onto everyone else?

[/quote]It''s not like meat has been banned completely though, chicken and fish are still available and as the owner of the club it is up to him how the business is run.It makes a nice change to see a business owner doing something for good intentions rather than the usual increase in profit margins.

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="SWP"]

How ridiculous is this, why do vegans and the like always feel the need to push their ideals onto everyone else?

[/quote]

It''s not like meat has been banned completely though, chicken and fish are still available and as the owner of the club it is up to him how the business is run.

It makes a nice change to see a business owner doing something for good intentions rather than the usual increase in profit margins.
[/quote]

Unless there is more profit in chicken and fish! [;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

This is my favourite quote from that piece.

"But I''m a traditional chips and curry sauce man myself so it doesn''t really affect me."

In what corner of hell are chips and curry sauce traditional?

[/quote]You think that''s odd? On the IOM, chips sprinkled liberally with grated cheese and topped with gravy is their tradition from the chip van.... not for me though

Chips with gravy or curry sauce is lush!Cheesy chips is also a delicious!Cheese, gravy and chips is just wrong though!

I''m not having this. The whole idea of a chip is that it is crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Gravy, cheese and gravy [+o(] or curry sauce makes your chip soggy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. In fact I would question whether it even deserves to still be called a chip. You people make me sick [:@][:@]

[;)]

Mayo on chips is fine provided they are the thinner french fry style chips like you get from kebab shops and the like. Likewise ketchup. Thicker, traditional, British chip shop chips should only be served with salt and vinegar.

I''m a bit of a chip Nazi as you may have guessed [:$]

If it makes you feel any better, Morty, it IS the British way to go around the world and nick everybody else''s ideas/cuisine/historical artefacts etc

Plus it tastes good

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]If it makes you feel any better, Morty, it IS the British way to go around the world and nick everybody else''s ideas/cuisine/historical artefacts etc

Plus it tastes good[/quote]Whilst I agree, I still find it too European to contemplate!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]If it makes you feel any better, Morty, it IS the British way to go around the world and nick everybody else''s ideas/cuisine/historical artefacts etc

Plus it tastes good[/quote]Whilst I agree, I still find it too European to contemplate![/quote]You''d prefer something English, like a chinese or a pizza ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]If it makes you feel any better, Morty, it IS the British way to go around the world and nick everybody else''s ideas/cuisine/historical artefacts etc

Plus it tastes good[/quote]Whilst I agree, I still find it too European to contemplate![/quote]You''d prefer something English, like a chinese or a pizza ?[/quote]Eggzackly, now we''re talking.[;)]

[quote]

[/quote]And why do meat eaters always over-react to anything that dares suggest there may perhaps be an alternative to their diet?I''ve

been veggie for 25 years and if you ask I''ll explain why, but otherwise

I''ll leave you to what you eat and ask you to leave me to mine.Having

said that, there''s a debate to be had about the increase in meat

consumption, especially in the 3rd world, and its impact on food prices

and greenhouse gases, but I wouldn''t dare upset the carnivores by saying

any more!Anyway, back to chips - vinegar is the devil''s p*ss and shouldn''t go anywhere near chips - salt, peas and/or curry sauce only

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote]

[/quote]And why do meat eaters always over-react to anything that dares suggest there may perhaps be an alternative to their diet?I''ve

been veggie for 25 years and if you ask I''ll explain why, but otherwise

I''ll leave you to what you eat and ask you to leave me to mine.Having

said that, there''s a debate to be had about the increase in meat

consumption, especially in the 3rd world, and its impact on food prices

and greenhouse gases, but I wouldn''t dare upset the carnivores by saying

any more!Anyway, back to chips - vinegar is the devil''s p*ss and shouldn''t go anywhere near chips - salt, peas and/or curry sauce only[/quote]http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=grill

I''m neither Vegan or Vegetarian but it seems some people think  that the ideals of  the food industry of imposing profit at the expense of contributing to one of the worlds biggest growing problems of obesity and global warming is less of an issue than someone only offering healthy food options once a week. Now that really is ridiculous.

On other important global issues having initially be repulsed and socially embarrassed when northern man  introduced me to chips and gravy/curry source I quickly realised that I have also been the victim of ignorance and social pressure and am now fully converted to the pleasures of chips and gravy.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]If it makes you feel any better, Morty, it IS the British way to go around the world and nick everybody else''s ideas/cuisine/historical artefacts etc Plus it tastes good[/quote]

The "foreign" food we eat today has not been nicked from anywhere. Indian food benefitted from the colonial times by introducing many European facets to it as much as the original Mexican food was improved by the Spanish by way of imported ingredients.

And as for stealing historical artifacts, do you not think that it is better that some pieces are kept in a secure environment and well maintained rather than being left to erode in the open air or destroyed by rioters and grave-robbers?

Pray tell, also, what ideas we have nicked from elsewhere?

[quote user="morty"]Chips with gravy or curry sauce is lush!

Cheesy chips is also a delicious!

Cheese, gravy and chips is just wrong though!
[/quote]

Yes, only got into this delicacy when I was up t''north at uni in the 70s.  Anyone tell me why every single chip shop in Manchseter appears to be run by our Chinese brethren (not complaining though)?

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="morty"]Chips with gravy or curry sauce is lush!Cheesy chips is also a delicious!Cheese, gravy and chips is just wrong though![/quote]

Yes, only got into this delicacy when I was up t''north at uni in the 70s.  Anyone tell me why every single chip shop in Manchseter appears to be run by our Chinese brethren (not complaining though)?

[/quote]Because they are all ninjas and or triads and have eliminated the opposition?They do the best chips though!