Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Smith & Jone's strangle hold is slipping!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="itstheruddyfuture"][quote user="morty"][quote user="itstheruddyfuture"]Could anyone suggest a ball park figure of what Smith & Jones have put in to the club and also if they can see how they might have milked the club and in what way that represents good value for their input?

From what I assume they have both purchased shares and made available further amounts as "directors loans" which are either seen as "gifts" (not expected to be recalled) or debt.

Not a trolling post, genuine interest and also I would like to put the matter to bed satisfactorily in my own mind please.[/quote]I seem to remember Delia herself saying that they had put something in the region of 10 or 12 million into the club that they are unlikely to see back.*This is only a vague memory and I am  perfectly prepared to be proved wrong by the fag packet accountants.[/quote]

Thank you morty, for some reason I had it at £15m but I expect it would take someone with accurate knowledge to pin it down. I don''t know how you ever see a return on that during your "tenure" since the club is loss making (aren''t all clubs?) and dividends must be few and far between. Maybe you could make it back if you ever sold your shares and clawed back your loans but only if you''ve added value meanwhile.

I take the later point about Geoffrey Watling as well made too but all I know is that every time I walk into Carrow Road and take my seat in the Jarrold I am immensely proud of the club, stadium, fans and the people who run the whole thing. I suppose people make mistakes like putting Roeder in charge of the team but the fact that they are still here means that they are in for the long haul. I don''t feel that Delia is more famous or has more cachet from being associated with the club (faintly infamous for the Rant but sincere) but I do feel if anything it is slightly the other way around.[/quote]It very well could be 15 million, it was only a throwaway line in an interview. Which ever it is, its certainly not small change! Yeah, thats the way I see Delia too, I certainly don''t hold with theories that she bought into the club to help her media image, she was already way more of a household name than Norwich City was!We could get into a whole other debate here, but a lot of people forget that Roeder kept us up before his dramatic fall from popularity, things are always much easier to rationalise with hindsight though.[/quote]

I realised I had mentioned Roeder but I had thought I had gotten away with it.

[quote user="morty"]Hehehe, good old Cluckster.Drop a few bombshells and then quickly leave the thread to observe the chaos from afar.[:D][/quote]Priorities Mort.  Busy watching my son''s team reaching the regional final of the sports college cup.How''s that dog of yours anyway?  I see he''s still busy posting on your behalf.  [Y]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I think it is important to note that had Delia and MWJ not invested in the club at the time then somebody else would have done. Some posters were suggesting a while ago that Southampton would go out of business, it did not happen. The true saviour of the club is Geoffrey Watling and the fans, had he/they not intervened when he/they did then there would be no NCFC for anybody to invest in......[/quote]Read and learn...... [Y]Very good summary, although there would always be a Norwich City, just as there is still a Bristol City, Middlesbro etc. in the event of any highly unlikely bankruptcy. We would have seen an alternative buyer come along for such a club viable as ours.... and I''m certain things could not have been any worse under a different owner.Delia Smith was part of a stitch up...... and no-one else got a look in.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]I think it is important to note that had Delia and MWJ not invested in the club at the time then somebody else would have done. Some posters were suggesting a while ago that Southampton would go out of business, it did not happen. The true saviour of the club is Geoffrey Watling and the fans, had he/they not intervened when he/they did then there would be no NCFC for anybody to invest in......[/quote]

Read and learn...... [Y]

Very good summary, although there would always be a Norwich City, just as there is still a Bristol City, Middlesbro etc. in the event of any highly unlikely bankruptcy. We would have seen an alternative buyer come along for such a club viable as ours.... and I''m certain things could not have been any worse under a different owner.

Delia Smith was part of a stitch up...... and no-one else got a look in.
[/quote]

Shall I ... shan''t I.... Shall I...

Well, dear old Blah dipped his toe in the water despite hin new found love of peaceful, tranquil and informative threads[:O]

So here goes....

If Geoffrey Watling was SOB''s gallant saviour then he also did Nora''s stitching up....

Well, nutty, he makes the suggestion, but he never backs it up. All he''s got is his hot air. No substance. Rather like a helium balloon really. Except if you popped him, you probably wouldn''t have a squeaky voice afterwards.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"Delia Smith was part of a stitch up...... and no-one else got a look in."

You can back that statement up, of course...[/quote]You''re showing your naivity again Blub. No doubt you believe God made the World in 6 days and then rested over lunch with Saint Delia on the 7th?Saviours don''t exist in the real world. They are a mythical entity and rely entirely on the gullible to follow blindly and never question what they hear.Amen.

"You''re showing your naivity again Blub. No doubt you believe God made the World in 6 days and then rested over lunch with Saint Delia on the 7th?

Saviours don''t exist in the real world. They are a mythical entity and rely entirely on the gullible to follow blindly and never question what they hear.

Amen."

Again, beautiful rhetoric, I must congratulate you. But zero fact. Not even an attempt at supposition.

Morty - Delia and MWJ. cant claim back from NCFC Plc the money they have invested in ordinary shares if they leave. They havethe choice of selling these to other people if they wish at any time.  The approx £2.1m loan is repayable subject to certain conditions outlined in the NCFC Plc Accounts likewise with the money ( I think and its just a guess £300k - £400k) tied up in B Redeemable Pref. shares which can be redeemed if NCFC get promoted to The Premiership.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Al Catraz"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Now down to 53%

Thank Gawd imo..............only 4% to go![Y]

[/quote] That means they still have the controlling interest. We are where we are today because of decisions made by them.[/quote]

This is indeed correct, but they have openly admitted that they made mistakes, and have now handed more control to people who know what they are doing.

The fact still remains that we would have been screwed without their money.
[/quote]

We have AXA and the bank to thank for giving us a holiday from servicing the debts, £2.5m per season.

1. Clucks support for S&J is superb as he brilliantly parodies just how malicious, ignorant and stupid the anti-deliarites are generating more support for them.

2. The owners will only get the money back on their shares if someone pays money for them as the club has a negative economic worth because the owners continually subsidise the etertainment of the fans and no-one has every offered them anything for their shares including a local billionaire then it is questionable if they will ever get their money back.

Tangy - They could do a purchase of own shares or a share exchange for loan notes on the Ords but I agree it isn''t as simple as just withdrawing the cash. I have come to this discussion rather late but it seems strange that we can argue because someone has invested another £2m in the playing budget / club...just be happy we have some people involved who keep putting their own money into the money pit or dig deep and put your money into the club!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Many wise words from the Cluckster, but alas, his many wise words will largely be ignored by the foolish and brainwashed.[:|][/quote]

So, when you write things like this, which you know aren''t true and know that it guarantees getting a rise out of some people, what do you get out of it? Is it a sexual thing? A power-trip or what? Do you hang on, constantly hitting ''refresh page'' with bated breath awaiting a reply?

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Many wise words from the Cluckster, but alas, his many wise words will largely be ignored by the foolish and brainwashed.[:|][/quote]

So, when you write things like this, which you know aren''t true and know that it guarantees getting a rise out of some people, what do you get out of it? Is it a sexual thing? A power-trip or what? Do you hang on, constantly hitting ''refresh page'' with bated breath awaiting a reply?

[/quote]

Wiz lesson 1:

I always  belive what I write.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[/quote]

Wiz lesson 1:

[/quote]

Wiz jog on ( if only) to Rishton house, your Giro is ready to be picked up...and dont forget to send some of it on to NCFC

[quote user="Neil_MacLeod"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[/quote]

Wiz lesson 1:

[/quote]

Wiz jog on ( if only) to Rishton house, your Giro is ready to be picked up...and dont forget to send some of it on to NCFC

[/quote]

How so little you arseholes really know about me.

''Jog On'' is that some Facebook, pre pube speak like well fit init?  [:D] 

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Neil_MacLeod"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[/quote]

Wiz lesson 1:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok ohh great one, You seem to moan about Delia and Co, What have you contributed towards the upkeep of NCFC?? do you have a season ticket? when was the last time you paid to see "your" team play?? Its very easy to sit in your armchair and moan Wiz isn''t it? Why dont you get your bum off your seat and make a few (hundred) miilion then you can buy out Delia and take us to where we rightly belong....Wiz i will ignore you from now on as i have tried to up to today. Sorry to all the other posters on the board.

OTBC Macca

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[/quote]Oh dear.How obvious this little squirt''s ignorance becomes.Go and do something useful like squeezing those pre-pubescent pimples and stop bothering the grown ups.

[quote user="T"]

1. Clucks support for S&J is superb as he brilliantly parodies just how malicious, ignorant and stupid the anti-deliarites are generating more support for them.

2. The owners will only get the money back on their shares if someone pays money for them as the club has a negative economic worth because the owners continually subsidise the etertainment of the fans and no-one has every offered them anything for their shares including a local billionaire then it is questionable if they will ever get their money back.

[/quote]Hahahahahahah... hahahahahaha.... no stop it.....hahahahaha.... no don''t..... hahahahahahahahaha.

Wot a Cock.

"Thats the whole point GP, I''m not wasting time on the childish name calling"

Ist wiz - 21.53 yesterday

"How so little you arseholes really know about me"

Ist wiz - 19.57 today

I think the above tells us all we need to know about you

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert "][quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[/quote]

Oh dear.

How obvious this little squirt''s ignorance becomes.

Go and do something useful like squeezing those pre-pubescent pimples and stop bothering the grown ups.
[/quote]

Now, you were going to tell us the exact date that Foulger handed over his £2m?

What''s that? You can''t? Because you are a cunttwatdickface?

Apology accepted...

[quote user="City1st"]"Thats the whole point GP, I''m not wasting time on the childish name calling" Ist wiz - 21.53 yesterday "How so little you arseholes really know about me" Ist wiz - 19.57 today I think the above tells us all we need to know about you[/quote]

Serial wiz hater alert!

PS. if other posters persist with their childish insults, then they can expect a few back in return.....with dividend.

[quote user="Neil_MacLeod"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Ok ohh great one, You seem to moan about Delia and Co, What have you contributed towards the upkeep of NCFC?? do you have a season ticket? when was the last time you paid to see "your" team play?? Its very easy to sit in your armchair and moan Wiz isn''t it? Why dont you get your bum off your seat and make a few (hundred) miilion then you can buy out Delia and take us to where we rightly belong....Wiz i will ignore you from now on as i have tried to up to today. Sorry to all the other posters on the board.

OTBC Macca

[/quote]

Oh deep, unabounded joy. [Y]

Without wanting to sound patronising, and seeing the obvious irony in my statement, aren''t you old enough to know better Wiz?Grow up.

[quote user="morty"]Without wanting to sound patronising, and seeing the obvious irony in my statement, aren''t you old enough to know better Wiz?

Grow up.

[/quote]

Yeah I am, fair enough morty, I''ll try to take your advice.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]Without wanting to sound patronising, and seeing the obvious irony in my statement, aren''t you old enough to know better Wiz?Grow up.

[/quote]

Yeah I am, fair enough morty, I''ll try to take your advice.

[/quote]If it helps, I am also trying to take my own advice lol.[:)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]as no one has said it i suppose i will ghave to "But she saved the club!!!!!"
[/quote]

Hilarious tripe......Sad that so many like you need to cling on to Delia''s apron strings. Life existed quite nicely before she arrived...and it will again when she leaves.