Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Smith & Jone's strangle hold is slipping!

Yeah, there money over the years has really put the club in danger. The fact they care about this club is a real shambles, we need some russian billionaire who couldn''t care less about the club in charge.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah, there money over the years has really put the club in danger. The fact they care about this club is a real shambles, we need some russian billionaire who couldn''t care less about the club in charge.....[/quote]

During the ''Chase Out'' campaign GP, most people agreed that no one, or family, should own more than 50% of shares, they had 62%.[:@]

football clubs are essentially businesses. McNally has shown that, with the way he has turned the fiancees around after the Doncaster era. And most businesses have majority shareholders.

Now i know you don''t like Delia, for what ever reason, but as far as i can tell, she has given rather a lot of her wealth to this football club, and hasn''t taken much in return. She is a Norwich supporter,and i''m 100% certain has the clubs best interest at heart, something you could easily argue people like the Man.U owners don''t have (borrowing money from the club/in clubs name is ridiculous, clearly bought the club for status/profit.). And I''m sure as soon as people like Foulger come in with money, she is more than willing to sell shares. I really don''t understand your view point on her. Its not like she has been turning away anyone who wants to invest in the club, but because she is a supporter, its probably harder to hand over shares to just anyone, unlike someone like that former Pompey and Leicester owner, who just sells to the first bidder, and look how well that worked out for Pompey.

If people are offering the money, and are actually in a position to take over a football club, i''m sure Smith and Jones would sell all/most of their shares, as long as its in the clubs best interest. But at the moment were doing just fine. McNally knows how to run a football club, and were heading upwards because of that.

Have you got the money to put into the club and keep it going like Smith and Wynn Jones has First Wizard?

I suspect the answer to that question is no and until you have your anti atitude towards them is way way of the mark!

They''ve made mistakes undoubtedly (which any of us would of done) but overall the positives far outweigh the negatives!

Talk is cheap, action is much more expensive!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah, there money over the years has really put the club in danger. The fact they care about this club is a real shambles, we need some russian billionaire who couldn''t care less about the club in charge.....[/quote]

During the ''Chase Out'' campaign GP, most people agreed that no one, or family, should own more than 50% of shares, they had 62%.[:@]

[/quote]Really? You sure? I don''t remember it that way; I seem to remember that people would have gladly accepted a majority shareholder who invested rather than asset stripped irrespective of the % holdings, such was the desperation to remove Bob.No doubt you were wheeling up and down Carrow Road with a clip-board canvassing peoples opinions, committing the data to a spreadsheet for such an occaision as this. Indifferent [:|]

Hi Wiz,I note that you didn''t respond to my post on your other thread, regarding John from Brightons comment ?"All i can say from my experience with the Pink ''Un is that reason is

rarely treated as a virtue on here. The most lengthy, coherent, and

poignant points, made by some of the most enlightened individuals on

these boards, are regularly overlooked for the sake of a mildly

controversial title, with an original post that consists of about 2 or 3

lines of writing, that prompts a ''debate'' that last for 15 or 16 pages."I''d be really interested in your opinion on this, as I believe you are responsible for the type of thread that John thinks is the problem here.Any opinion  at all ?

Now down to 53%

Thank Gawd imo..............only 4% to go![Y]

[/quote]

You really are a clown of the highest order, Could you let me know what your contribution to NCFC has been over the years? I would guess its very little to nothing, Now please sit in your little house on Gunton estate and keep quiet.

I do not post on here much but read the forums often and it seems that most of your posts consist of utter crap so much so i had to respond.

?????

You realise this is a forum, and the main purpose of which, is to get into discussions/debates? And as long as Wiz is willing to argue his own view point, at least to the more sensible posts such as Blahs, there is no reason why he should be ignored.... Its posts like Mr Carrow''s that are unnecessary

[/quote]

Wiz - you officialy make me sick to the pit of my stomach. You really do. Such hypocracy is simply not right.

So many times over the last few years you have bleated on about our joint share holders. How they didn''t allow that ever-so nice chap to buy the club for next to nothing, that the reason why we hadn''t found a wealthy new owner was their reluctance to surrender their hold on the club.

All utter rubbish underlined by todays news. But no, oh no, you have to invent lies and try to have yet another dig!

1st wiz - no 1st troll!

The reason he''s a plank is that he can''t see that they in fact wern''t desperate to buy new shares, it was just a good machenism to put more money into a club in debt.

Who in their right mind, puts money into a club thats losing money hand over fist - Unless they have a love for the club or is protecting their investment. What is wrong with either?

I''m not their greatest fans, but anyone can see their didn''t invest to be greedy.

Trust me, it was necessary, I just had to say it because blinkered one dimensional characters make me sick. Anyway, what makes your discussion/debate anymore valid than my one liner? Nobody should be ignored whether they are Oscar Wilde or Michael Carroll. Write what you want people, there is enough people in the world telling you what you can and can''t do all the time.

Now down to 53%

[/quote]Progress indeed Wiz....  [Y]

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]Trust me, it was necessary, I just had to say it because blinkered one dimensional characters make me sick. Anyway, what makes your discussion/debate anymore valid than my one liner? Nobody should be ignored whether they are Oscar Wilde or Michael Carroll. Write what you want people, there is enough people in the world telling you what you can and can''t do all the time.
[/quote]

Think of Eqypt!

[quote user="MisterCarrow"]Trust me, it was necessary, I just had to say it because blinkered one dimensional characters make me sick. Anyway, what makes your discussion/debate anymore valid than my one liner? Nobody should be ignored whether they are Oscar Wilde or Michael Carroll. Write what you want people, there is enough people in the world telling you what you can and can''t do all the time.[/quote]

Well what was the point of it?

I think Wiz knows by now (and seemingly plays to it) that a lot of people here just post things like that directed towards him. And when Blah brings up a interesting point on two threads, but Wiz doesn''t bother to read through because he knows he just going to get abuse. And you haven''t been ignored have you?

Wasn''t it a few months ago, maybe longer that you changed your mind about D & MWJ to actually liking them? You are pathetic old cretin.

[quote user="Bebop and Rocksteady"]Wasn''t it a few months ago, maybe longer that you changed your mind about D & MWJ to actually liking them? You are pathetic old cretin.[/quote]

On Wizard''s behalf I object to the use of the word "old."

At this juncture I would just like to express how honoured I feel that Mr. Wizard should see fit to grace us with his ever insightful & generous comments.In the face of such enormity I feel truly humble.

Now down to 53%

[/quote]

---

Poor old Wiz.[8-)] Can''t even get that right.[N] It isn''t only 4 per cent to go. It''s only four percentage points to go.[8-|][:P][8-|]

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="MisterCarrow"]Trust me, it was necessary, I just had to say it because blinkered one dimensional characters make me sick. Anyway, what makes your discussion/debate anymore valid than my one liner? Nobody should be ignored whether they are Oscar Wilde or Michael Carroll. Write what you want people, there is enough people in the world telling you what you can and can''t do all the time.
[/quote] Well what was the point of it? I think Wiz knows by now (and seemingly plays to it) that a lot of people here just post things like that directed towards him. And when Blah brings up a interesting point on two threads, but Wiz doesn''t bother to read through because he knows he just going to get abuse. And you haven''t been ignored have you?[/quote]

Thats the whole point GP, I''m not wasting time on the childish name calling, questions on my past support or my financial support of NCFC on here, they''re all just silly words, they don''t hurt me, nor have they ever and are best left in the playground where they originate from.

Likewise with this John from Brighton malarky, I have no opinion on this as it doesn''t merit a responce from me, as I can see where Blah (a canny poster btw) wants to take it.

When S and J no longer have a majority shareholding, I will refrain from my usual posts on them.......until then however......

Likewise with this John from Brighton malarky, I have no opinion on this as it doesn''t merit a responce from me, as I can see where Blah (a canny poster btw) wants to take it.

[/quote]

Which roughly translated means ''I couldn''t give a stuff about the overall quality of threads on this forum as long as people are still mug enough to reply to my blatant trolling.''*. Although the two threads you started yesterday are only at two pages each so far Wiz. Back in your prime they would have been at least five or six pages long by now. Your powers are weak old man [;)]

* Having said that I haven''t got a problem with Wiz''s threads. It''s just a shame that posters are reluctant to voice their opinions on more thoughful threads and instead gravitate towards the longer threads and the constant bickering and insults therein. If we cut down on the abuse (and I can be as guilty as anyone) then maybe posters would have the confidence to share their thoughts on a wider range of topics and these threads could flourish. As things stand at the moment the best way to get noticed on here is to wade into a twelve page thread started by Wiz, Bly etc. and start calling everyone a c*nt. That is not a healthy way for a forum to operate as the more thoughtful and reasoned commenters get pushed to one side in favour of the louder and more ''controversial'' posters. This is evidenced by the decreasing frequency of posts by a number of interesting and well informed commenters from a few years back.

"Thats the whole point GP, I''m not wasting time on the childish name calling, questions on my past support or my financial support of NCFC on here, they''re all just silly words, they don''t hurt me, nor have they ever and are best left in the playground where they originate from.  Likewise with this John from Brighton malarky, I have no opinion on this as it doesn''t merit a responce from me, as I can see where Blah (a canny poster btw) wants to take it."I''m just trying to understand why your style of posting is so popular Wiz.  You obviously have a formula, which has been successful over time.  It''s a shame that you don''t feel fit to comment on that.I think theres room for everyone on here.  But the bickering has got to silly levels recently.

" As things stand at the moment the best way to get noticed on here is to

wade into a twelve page thread started by Wiz, Bly etc. and start

calling everyone a c*nt."Bang on shack, although I believe the actual word most commonly used is cock ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"Thats the whole point GP, I''m not wasting time on the childish name calling, questions on my past support or my financial support of NCFC on here, they''re all just silly words, they don''t hurt me, nor have they ever and are best left in the playground where they originate from.  Likewise with this John from Brighton malarky, I have no opinion on this as it doesn''t merit a responce from me, as I can see where Blah (a canny poster btw) wants to take it."

I''m just trying to understand why your style of posting is so popular Wiz.  You obviously have a formula, which has been successful over time.  It''s a shame that you don''t feel fit to comment on that.

I think theres room for everyone on here.  But the bickering has got to silly levels recently.
[/quote]

There''s no magic formula Blah, other than maybe I raise taboo subjects at times and unlike many on here, I don''t post to be popular or win friends.

I exclude you from that list because like me, you too, will rock the boat at times.

Why do I feel this thread is like this one from a few weeks ago but just recycled with slightly different words.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2394664/ShowPost.aspx

Stirring for a few pages then watch as the thread disappears off the page( after a point that can''t be argued against) then bring back the same topic in a new thread or two a few weeks later and try to catch new people with the same old patter.