Sign in to follow this  
bjg123

Simon Cox

Is he the most realistic loan striker we could bring in? Doesn''t seem to be getting a game at WBA, scored similar amounts to Charlie Austin, Rickie Lambert, Grant Holt and Jermaine Beckford in league 1. Technically gifted, so would fit in well and bring others into play as well.

[quote user="bjg123"]Is he the most realistic loan striker we could bring in? Doesn''t seem to be getting a game at WBA, scored similar amounts to Charlie Austin, Rickie Lambert, Grant Holt and Jermaine Beckford in league 1. Technically gifted, so would fit in well and bring others into play as well.[/quote]With a change of manager at WBA, i think roy would want to give everyone a fair crack before deciding who to let go. chrissy just needs a goal imho to kickstart a purple patch hopefully, i thought he was great yesterday, some great touches and was interested in every ball that came near him, also put done some doggy work[Y]

I think Chrissy played well because he got dropped and it gave him a kick up the arse. Didn''t the same happen last season when he got the winner against Leeds? The problem we have up front is that the back-up is currently just that, back-up. Wilbrahams isn''t there to compete for a place and Jackson just isn''t good enough to be a genuine threat for a long-term start. A loanee could provide that competition, and pose a genuine threat from the bench.

The only issue is that there''s not many players out there. They need to be a genuine improvement on what we have, so if they do upset the balance, they''re good enough for it not to matter. Only two I can think of are Cox and Ebanks-Blake, but the latter is wishful thinking!

At this level, Willbraham,Martin and jackson are all back up quality thats the problem and the real weakness of the squad which otherwisw is excellent. A 15 to 20 goal a season player alongside Holt is the yawning gap

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]At this level, Willbraham,Martin and jackson are all back up quality thats the problem and the real weakness of the squad which otherwisw is excellent. A 15 to 20 goal a season player alongside Holt is the yawning gap[/quote]these cost ££££££££££s, but agree we need another proven striker to help us over that finish line

I agree and it is a dilema. Given the excellent squad we have i think to be honest we have 3 options

1] go with what we have and hope one of the 3 back ups get better

2] Do a lower division gamble which can be great if it comes off , not so good if it doesnt, i wonder what the resale vale of jackson is now

3] Use the £2m for a bit of quality and get a Lita, Matty Fryatt type. I think Hull paid £1.5 m for Fryatt but if they are young enough and have a proven track record then they will have a resale value. Patterson at Burnley is in that catagory, did well at Scunthorpe but has not settled there and could come good again

2) isn''t an option it it? Don''t think any lower-league club is going to loan out their best striker!

If we''re trying to loan someone in there isn''t a better option out there than Simon Cox imo (and even he might not be possible)

Or Michael Owen ;)

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I agree and it is a dilema. Given the excellent squad we have i think to be honest we have 3 options 1] go with what we have and hope one of the 3 back ups get better 2] Do a lower division gamble which can be great if it comes off , not so good if it doesnt, i wonder what the resale vale of jackson is now 3] Use the £2m for a bit of quality and get a Lita, Matty Fryatt type. I think Hull paid £1.5 m for Fryatt but if they are young enough and have a proven track record then they will have a resale value. Patterson at Burnley is in that catagory, did well at Scunthorpe but has not settled there and could come good again[/quote]jacko will prob be worth £400-£500k possibly, I would use the £2mil to get proven quality in, but in Lambert i trust and im sure he has players on the radar[Y]  Patterson is a good shout on a loan with a view to a perm if he settles and does the business, or as stated above Cox if Roy H would let him out on loan.

Of all the realistic strikers we could get, I would go for Ebanks-Blake. On the borde of realistic though but if we got him, I would put a lot of money on automatic promotion.

Cox is another option, as is someone like Le Fondre, a gamble, but get him on loan, give them Jacko and see how we get on. We do need help in the run in as this is where the injuries start.

Still need the pace option too.

How is Eubanks Blake realistic ? most Wolves matches i have seen on tv this season Eubanks Blake has played or come on as substitute .

Bebe - Probably available?????

Probably available? Why?

If Fergie had wanted him out on loan he would be out on loan now!

I say Jeremie Aliadiere.

Not currently conrtacted to anyone. Scored goals in the prem, is quick and skillful and was youth team at Arsenal so has good pedigree.

We could get him on a short term deal and if he turns out to be good could offer him something longer.

Would probably be a decent option, if he would be willing to do a short deal, with option for a extension if he impresses.

But like i have said before, is Lambert really looking? I could be completely wrong, but the way i see it at the moment, its almost like he''s not really trying. Some of the names mentioned may not be realistic, but some have been. I would have thought maybe Phillips would be worth a shot (but maybe he won''t, because they have a cup final in two weeks, and he may or may not get used, i know he''s played a part in the other rounds, seems only fair he gets at least a sub appearance in the final) And Aliadiere, even though maybe not wonderful, would probably be worth a shot on a short term deal. But why haven''t any of these happened?

Has Lambert said anything himself about a possible loan signing recently? The last i heard him saying anything about bringing anyone in, was just before deadline day, saying he was looking at a couple of players.

[quote user="chicken"]I say Jeremie Aliadiere. Not currently conrtacted to anyone. Scored goals in the prem, is quick and skillful and was youth team at Arsenal so has good pedigree. We could get him on a short term deal and if he turns out to be good could offer him something longer.[/quote]

I always thought he was struggling to score at ''Boro - just checked and he scored 11 in 78 games for them. That means he took 7 games to score a goal - we''ve got players who perform better than that already?

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="chicken"]I say Jeremie Aliadiere. Not currently conrtacted to anyone. Scored goals in the prem, is quick and skillful and was youth team at Arsenal so has good pedigree. We could get him on a short term deal and if he turns out to be good could offer him something longer.[/quote]

I always thought he was struggling to score at ''Boro - just checked and he scored 11 in 78 games for them. That means he took 7 games to score a goal - we''ve got players who perform better than that already?

[/quote]Yeah, i always thought he was a preety classy player but he really underperformed at Boro and guess that is why he is struggling to get a contract. The main problem with a player like this is that his fitness levels wont be at the same level as a player training daily with thier club, while i am sure it would take him a while to get back in thw swing of it, not ideal in our situation. I saw someone mentioned Bebe, would be nice but he has only just moved to Manchester really and they will be quite keen on moulding them into the type of player they want before loaning him out, while they will also want him to settle in England first, he is only a young lad. I wonder what Lupoli is up to, does anyone know?