Sign in to follow this  
newyorkcanary

Canaries World Constant Pausing?

Here in New York we find ourselves dependent on Canaries World.  In speaking with other New York Canaries, it seems they get the same 2-5 second pauses in the Live Radio Commentary so it doesn''t have to do with our individual PCs. When I send an e-mail to Canaries World, which I have done before I get the same form e-mail:customerservices to meThank you for contacting us, We are currently experiencing technical issues. We are working on the problem at this time and aim to have this resolved as soon as possible. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused. Kind RegardsWeb Support****************It really doesn''t get any better.  Is there any real Quality Control and who do we contact to express our frustration?  McNally?  Surely he has bigger fish to fry than the NY Canaries frustration with Canaries World?

Yeah.. my stream is constantly stopping.. and sometimes it''ll skip forward completely from one bit of commentary to another! It''s ridiculous! And not Canaries Player''s fault..but did anyone else hear a noise throughout the first half that sounded like a kettle boiling in the background?

How much do you have to pay for it?

I had it for a couple of years, not much use when i was going to every home game, and don''t like listening to Football commentary anyway :P

If it were free, the odd technical issue may be understandable. But for a service your paying for, it really sounds very bad.

Anyone have problems with dropouts as well? Always seems to happen at exciting moments! Processor not necessarily flat out either.

Yes, I had those problems, mainly in the second half though. Hopefully this is a one-off, although I''ll be at Leeds next week so I hope they get it sorted before I use it again.

I''ve had several drop outs recently, more annoying though is where it jumps back 10 seconds so you end up repeating the same bit of commentary twice.

It''s a terrible service we have to pay for when we should really get it free over iPlayer as we''ve already paid for it once with our licence fee.

I had cut outs all throughout the game here in Canada. It also kept skipping back a few seconds and repeating bits of commentary.

Also it''s a right chore to play the canaries world vids. I have to sign out click play on the vid which then prompts you to sign in then it will play. Having it remember your credentials is a complete non-starter.

When is everyone going to wake up & smell the coffee. Canaries World is a total rip off & utterly useless. I realised this 6 years ago & ditched it after my free subscription through Virgin ran out. How many times has this come up as a topic on here?

The sooner NCFC does the right thing for the fans, by doing away with this useless service & letting Radio Norfolk broadcast their commentary online, the better.

Financially it can only bring in a few thousand quid a year at best & yet it''s diabolical service does so much to annoy loyal fans who have no alternative (other than moving to Norfolk) to pay this outrageous subscription for a crap service.

Come on NCFC, get it sorted & give something back to the fans that you say you cheerish so much. It''s not much to ask for, is it?

Very annoying to get out of bed at 2a.m in Australia and have a commentary which disappears and pauses frequently. Just fortunate sound was on when the final goal went in. Canary world was not always like this looks like technology has gone backwards

Have you tried clearing Adobe Flash Player settings?It can be done online HERE can''t promise it will work but it helps me on my computer when media is running a bit sluggish.